Ferrari F60

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Kester
Kester

Re: Ferrari F60

Anyone noticed the angle of the exhaust in the last image?

Rikhart
Rikhart

Thats something a lot of teams appear to be trying, to direct the hot air towards the rear wing. Does hot air create more downforce?

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Or what about the different rear wheel covers? They don't extend out to the wheel edge.

Didn't Toyota have something like that? Just a small cover extending out from the wheel nut but not reaching the wheel edge (?).

I hope this hasn't been covered already...
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

jddh1

Does anyone have any more details on the KERS cooling problems the F60 suffered today?

i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

jddh1 wrote:Does anyone have any more details on the KERS cooling problems the F60 suffered today?
I'd like to hazard a guess... the KERS wasn't cooled sufficiently? :D

Hertzog

Re: 2009 Ferrari

Shaddock wrote:Image
Can i get any explanation what "F" button mean in left upper corner of Ferrari steering wheel...
Is it something about front wing angle or...

And if any1 knows where can i find full description of this wheel i'll b thankful

Lot of question for my first post, but thanx anyway

Greetings from Serbia :wink:
Veni, Vidi, Vici-Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro

Tbox
Tbox

Re: 2009 Ferrari

Hertzog wrote: Can i get any explanation what "F" button mean in left upper corner of Ferrari steering wheel...
Is it something about front wing angle or...

And if any1 knows where can i find full description of this wheel i'll b thankful
The only place I've seen an explanation of the buttons on a wheel this year is Top Gear Magazine's F1 2009 special issue.

It just so happens to be based on Ferrari's wheel as well.

According to them, it's the activate changes button for the front wing angle.

zgred

Why did they leave so many holes in the nose con?

axle
axle

Furthest fwd 3 are where the camera goes.
- Axle

donskar
donskar

Sounds like McL have an "illegal" :) diffuser ready to go. Anyone have any word that Ferrari might have an alternate diffuser ready or under development for the F60? (We are not on the cutting edge of F1 news here in Kowboy Kountry, USA!)
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

Shaddock

zgred wrote:Image

Why did they leave so many holes in the nose con?
Termites :lol:

Agerasia
Agerasia

Rikhart wrote:Thats something a lot of teams appear to be trying, to direct the hot air towards the rear wing. Does hot air create more downforce?
Only if it hits an area where either air needs to expand quicky, or a low pressure. Making it hit the underside of the rear wing main aerofoil would be advantagous.
The other way you can use it is when it starts to cool, therefore condensing, it pulls air toward itself.
I'll explain in detail, only if you want me too :)
"badically pressuring rosnerg " Ringo 05/10/2014

NormalChris
NormalChris

I wonder what Domenicali meant when he said that the aussie car would look drastically different than the launch car. :^o

Shaddock

NormalChris wrote:I wonder what Domenicali meant when he said that the aussie car would look drastically different than the launch car. :^o
That objects in the Brawn rear view mirror may appear closer than they are :mrgreen:

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

NormalChris wrote:I wonder what Domenicali meant when he said that the aussie car would look drastically different than the launch car. :^o
Welcome to THE forum, NormalChris. It's my pleasure to meet you.

That statement by Domenicali was made at the launch of the car. But after that time, things are learned, either through research, testing, or any other method (such as observing the competition). The evolution of the car never stops, with the Ferrari factory making changes at an astonishing rate. So the car evolves, and different parts are added or changed. Basically, that is what this thread is about. Not only it's configuration, but the changes it undergoes as time, and races pass by.
Last edited by DaveKillens on 27 Mar 2009, 20:57, edited 1 time in total.
Racing should be decided on the track, not the court room.