2021 Mclaren F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

Re: 2021 Mclaren F1 Team

Such a small violation. Rules is rules but he did not gain tenths by doing that. This is going to be a fun season.

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

Where the heck can one overtake on this track? Turn 1 seems the least impossible
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

Emag
Emag

That would have been P3 on merit, my god this is so painful. I hope they have payback in the race tomorrow.

I feel like an idiot downplaying them after practice now.

CjC
CjC

CjC wrote:
15 Apr 2021, 21:50
Surely an undercut on strategy then??
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... PdDio.html
This is pre-race from Lando on thursday😂😂

So if one lap pace is a weakness what on earth will happen with the race pace?
Just a fan's point of view

Darth-Piekus

God damn it. I want to see where he exceeded track limits cause this stings. Was he with all 4 wheels out? It stings that we paid the price for the track limit when last race we had a lot of track limits from other drivers multiple times. Oh well. At least tomorrow we are able to clear Ferrari and Alpha Tauri and have the speed to take the fight to the first two. Remember last year on Portimao?

Emag
Emag

Darth-Piekus wrote:
17 Apr 2021, 15:18
God damn it. I want to see where he exceeded track limits cause this stings. Was he with all 4 wheels out? It stings that we paid the price for the track limit when last race we had a lot of track limits from other drivers multiple times. Oh well. At least tomorrow we are able to clear Ferrari and Alpha Tauri and have the speed to take the fight to the first two. Remember last year on Portimao?
It's very difficult to overtake here but let's see what happens.

Herr_Koos

Darth-Piekus wrote:
They showed the replay, he was over. Same place lots of drivers got their times deleted. It was still a fantastic lap though.

FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

CjC wrote:
CjC wrote:
15 Apr 2021, 21:50
Surely an undercut on strategy then??
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... PdDio.html
This is pre-race from Lando on thursday😂😂

So if one lap pace is a weakness what on earth will happen with the race pace?
Haha, one can hope!
Darth-Piekus wrote:
He was out at T9 (white line is the limit). He was close, but outside.

P3 is much less impressive feat than being less than a tenth of pole. With a bit of luck, he may have put it on pole. If the team can develop it a bit faster or we go to a track that suits the car, this is a mean machine.

Shame that the track does not have many places to overtake.

101FlyingDutchman
101FlyingDutchman

Are you on crack? Track position is king here. This will become a tough afternoon tomorrow. First thing is to not sustain damage around the first lap. Imho high chance of a safety car on lap 1. AT race pace was v good so don’t expect to get by on a track that is hard to overtake on. Shame we didn’t maximise

the EDGE
the EDGE

Wow... it’s going to be a loooong season

So sad for Lando, he’s driving so well, but what an effort, he really deserved 3rd

FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

does anyone have fastest sectors?

Xero

DRS zone has been extended this year, may help overtaking a little bit.

JRindt

As gutted as I am by that lap deletion, I am actually a little bit happy. Because, this is what I hoped from lando.... these moments of brilliance which he is capable of, on a more regular basis

Emag
Emag

Xero wrote:
17 Apr 2021, 15:25
DRS zone has been extended this year, may help overtaking a little bit.
We don't know how fast McLaren is on race trim though. Given how much they improved from practice I guess we should throw all those long run data in FP2 out of the window.

Darth-Piekus

Ok question. He exceeded track limits by very little but can they say that he gained time? Are the stewards counting him with equipment seeing that he did gain time or did they just say that since he exceeded track limits he gained time? It bothers me and I am very curious to see if there are loopholes on that since there were lots of track limit violations in Bahrain and only Max who only did this once paid the price.

Anyway. What done is done. I hope we can find space to clear Leclerc and Gasly tomorrow so we can charge the Red Bull and Mercedes cars cause the car seems fast.
Last edited by Darth-Piekus on 17 Apr 2021, 15:31, edited 1 time in total.