2021 Mclaren F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
chrisgr
chrisgr

Re: 2021 Mclaren F1 Team

Anyone can wonder now what would happen if we had a good front suspension setup...gimme our 2 tokens :D . Maybe the lap was deleted. Maybe we are not that good at race pace tomorrow. But for sure, that lap gave me a big smile!

Xero

Darth-Piekus wrote:
17 Apr 2021, 15:28
Ok question. He exceeded track limits by very little but can they say that he gained time? Are the stewards counting him with equipment seeing that he did gain time or did they just say that since he exceeded track limits he gained time? It bothers me and I am very curious to see if there are loopholes on that since there were lots of track limit violations in Bahrain and only Max who only did this once paid the price.
He exceeded track limits, end of story. Gaining time is irrelevant. Its monitored, and fairly applied to everyone.

Emag
Emag

Darth-Piekus wrote:
Ok question. He exceeded track limits by very little but can they say that he gained time? Are the stewards counting him with equipment seeing that he did gain time or did they just say that since he exceeded track limits he gained time? It bothers me and I am very curious to see if there are loopholes on that since there were lots of track limit violations in Bahrain and only Max who only did this once paid the price.
Let it go man, he went over the track limit and that's the end of that. Doesn't matter if you think you lost time or not. Rules are rules and it was the same for everybody.

Herr_Koos

Darth-Piekus wrote:
It makes zero difference. The rule is regarding track limits, not time gained. He was over, hence the time was deleted. They're going to be much more strict here than in Bahrain.

MrGapes

I think the fact that we haven't had a major update yet... and we were this quick, I'm very optimistic

Darth-Piekus

I know unfortunately. I hope they will be strict with everyone from now on cause in Bahrain they were very soft. Well at least let's hope tomorrow we get Leclerc and Gasly as quick as possible to see if we are able to challenge the first two teams. I am very confident for 2022 that we will produce a championship winning car with that reset year.

f1rules
f1rules

But impressive how lando completely owned ricciardo this weekend i like this lando a lot more

Darth-Piekus

Lando this year has taken a massive step so far. He is like another driver and shows that we might have a new Lewis Hamilton.

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

But apart from the front suspension, what other steps can the team take, from an aero point of view to improve the front end?
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

Emag
Emag

I don't want to get carried away yet. The lap today was amazing but I hope they can carry that over in the race. I am not expecting them to fight for the podium on pure pace, but I am just hoping they have enough in the bag to fight the main competitors of P3.

f1rules
f1rules

And still no big updates from the car introduced months ago, floor tweak this weekend whereas others already brought,

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Emag wrote:That would have been P3 on merit, my god this is so painful. I hope they have payback in the race tomorrow.

I feel like an idiot downplaying them after practice now.
We just need to understand that practice is just that... Practice :)

We have a good car this season, regardless of the position at the start of the race, this is the best qualifying performance of the team in ages!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xero

Ground Effect wrote:
17 Apr 2021, 15:37
But apart from the front suspension, what other steps can the team take, from an aero point of view to improve the front end?
Not too much. Aero is doing its job very well, it's a very strong package. It's the kinematics of the suspension geometry that's not giving the car enough grip as the car rolls at slow-mid speeds. It causes scrubbing which generates understeer.

101FlyingDutchman
101FlyingDutchman

Spot on Xero. And something we will have to live with this year I suspect

haza
haza

The fact we was in pole contention today is something to be proud of there’s scattered rain forecast for tomorrow but we still need to remain realistic points are scored on Sunday and Mercedes and redbull with most likely pull away during the race 3rd fastest team should remain the realistic goal an can’t ever count out Ferrari, Aston, alpha tauri