2021 Mclaren F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
_cerber1

Re: 2021 Mclaren F1 Team

genarro wrote:
20 May 2021, 08:49
I saw in the car thread that all the updates introduced in Spain are staying on the car so thats good. Do we think that its a posibility that if they find a good set up for the track we can be faster than Ferrari?
I think that in Monaco we can only minimize losses in relation to Ferrari.

mwillems

If we have a great qualifying session then anything is possible in the race.
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

NiyolHuayra
NiyolHuayra

!! NEW SPONSOR !!

https://www.mclaren.com/racing/partners ... rtnership/
"Every advantage matters and fast data analysis gives you an edge"

McLaren Racing has today announced a new multi-year partnership with Alteryx, Inc., the analytics automation company who will become an official partner of the McLaren Formula 1 team, from this weekend’s Monaco Grand Prix.

Alteryx excels in unifying data, analytics and automating business processes in a single platform. The Alteryx analytics automation solution will bring cutting-edge analytics and data science capabilities to deliver new insights and intelligence at speed.

The Alteryx brand and ‘Alteryx Analytics’ will be represented on the McLaren MCL35M race cars and will also feature on the race suits of McLaren F1 drivers, Lando Norris and Daniel Ricciardo, the McLaren pit crew, and across the team’s digital and social media platforms.

Mark Waller, Chief Commercial Officer, McLaren Racing, said:
“Alteryx transforms the way data is collected and analysed at speed through intelligent analytics automation, helping us make decisions faster. In racing, we are always looking to refine our learning in ways that help us go quicker. The partnership marks the union of two brands who pride themselves on spearheading innovative technology to enable everyone to achieve excellence in their performance.”

Sharmila Mulligan, Chief Strategy and Marketing Officer, Alteryx, said:
“With some of the fastest drivers in the world competing to win, every advantage matters and fast data analysis gives you an edge, as proven with many sports teams. McLaren’s relentless focus on leveraging innovation to win, combined with Alteryx’s analytics automation software, will support the team’s ability to harness and digest complex data to drive insights at tremendous speeds. We are honoured to partner with McLaren through the 2021 season and beyond.”

djos

I fully expect Daniel to dominate Lando here. Lando has been here only once in an F1 car and Daniel has won the race and been on the podium multiple times. He just loves the track too.
"In downforce we trust"

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

_cerber1 wrote:
20 May 2021, 09:21
genarro wrote:
20 May 2021, 08:49
I saw in the car thread that all the updates introduced in Spain are staying on the car so thats good. Do we think that its a posibility that if they find a good set up for the track we can be faster than Ferrari?
I think that in Monaco we can only minimize losses in relation to Ferrari.
There were some interesting comments from Lando. Though he said it could be a tricky weekend because Ferrari should be strong and McLaren were weak in S3, the car in Barcelona was actually set up with S1 & S2 in mind. So let’s see if they can find something with the updates. I think Ferrari will still be favourites in the midfield. But hopefully we’ll be close and Daniel will be his usual strong self in Monaco.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

Herr_Koos

djos wrote:
20 May 2021, 09:47
I fully expect Daniel to dominate Lando here. Lando has been here only once in an F1 car and Daniel has won the race and been on the podium multiple times. He just loves the track too.
I'm not convinced. If there is any track that will punish you for not being fully comfortable in the car, Monaco is it. I don't think Danny Ric will be able to drive the circuit with quite the level of confidence that is needed. We'll have to see.

Morteza

The Gulf livery is stunning under the sun 8)

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

djos

My only complaint with the livery is that the pale blue looks almost white in bright Sun on TV.
"In downforce we trust"

genarro
genarro

i get it now why they hyped the livery and all...absolutely stunning.

_cerber1

CjC
CjC

No I’m not having it Mclaren are going to have a terrible weekend🤪
Just a fan's point of view

Macklaren
Macklaren

Morteza wrote:
20 May 2021, 12:22
I'm a huge livery fan but also a bit jaded by livery hype - most hyped liveries fail to deliver in real life (looking at you Aston Martin and Alpine).
but THIS tho - I had my breath taken away literally every time this came on screen during FP1. An absolute triumph. Hope it doesn't ruin the regular livery for me though :(

mclaren111

I prefer our regular livery... Would like sponsor's names in white though... :D :D

Emag
Emag

Ferrari is looking amazing around here.

Xero

Emag wrote:
20 May 2021, 15:44
Ferrari is looking amazing around here.
They certainly do. From a McLaren perspective a P7/P8 has to be the target, and then see if they can capitalise from any mistakes ahead.