2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
McMika98
McMika98

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

JordanMugen wrote:
22 May 2021, 18:37
|

Unfortunately Tsunoda doesn't seem up to it, neither Vips. :|

Marko should draft and present a contract for Russell ASAP, IMO. Offer a 3-year-deal with a good salary, that should do the trick to win over the former Mercedes junior. Russell himself notes he is a "free agent".
Russell should be priority, or Bottas if one of them is not in Merc seat. Ocon won't cut it against Max, he was struggling against Ricciardo who is being spanked by Norris.
Regardless the car is tuned to Max style, even engine mapping. In a quali shootout, Max will be given the best track position. So don't think any top driver would want to jump in. Ricciardo post quali interview was vaguely explosive suggesting something not right with his car and not understanding the second delta to Norris. He might be done this year as well if the trend continues.

JPower
JPower

McMika98 wrote:
22 May 2021, 18:56
JordanMugen wrote:
22 May 2021, 18:37
|

Unfortunately Tsunoda doesn't seem up to it, neither Vips. :|

Marko should draft and present a contract for Russell ASAP, IMO. Offer a 3-year-deal with a good salary, that should do the trick to win over the former Mercedes junior. Russell himself notes he is a "free agent".
Russell should be priority, or Bottas if one of them is not in Merc seat. Ocon won't cut it against Max, he was struggling against Ricciardo who is being spanked by Norris.
Regardless the car is tuned to Max style, even engine mapping. In a quali shootout, Max will be given the best track position. So don't think any top driver would want to jump in. Ricciardo post quali interview was vaguely explosive suggesting something not right with his car and not understanding the second delta to Norris. He might be done this year as well if the trend continues.
:lol:

He's not going anywhere. Multi year contract and a brand new car for 2022 he'll have input on. Not a chance.

Perez is also very unlikely to move unless he's miles off pace over the rest of the year.

JordanMugen

JPower wrote:
22 May 2021, 19:06
He's not going anywhere. Multi year contract and a brand new car for 2022 he'll have input on. Not a chance.
If McLaren does release Ricciardo for being too slow, then Red Bull can grab him though. So that would be Red Bull's gain. :)

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

JordanMugen wrote:
JPower wrote:
If McLaren does release Ricciardo for being too slow, then Red Bull can grab him though. So that would be Red Bull's gain. :)
I don’t think there is a chance for Mclaren to release Ricciardo early, regardless of how much he might be struggling.

But I echo some comments here... If Russell is available, Red Bull should go for him... Out of the available driver’s not only does he seem to have a lot of potential, he would also be a solid bet for a long term driver.

Hopefully pride doesn’t get in the way and the fact that he isn’t a Red Bull junior doesn’t influence a decision.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JPower
JPower

JordanMugen wrote:
22 May 2021, 19:44
JPower wrote:
He’s not going back to RB and he’s not leaving McLaren. Neither option is realistic.

godlameroso

I said that Russell would is the only person that could match Verstappen in that car.
Saishū kōnā

PhillipM
PhillipM

But he's also managed by Toto and in the Merc young drivers program....

godlameroso

So was Ocon.
Saishū kōnā

yener

Tomorrow is going to be an interesting day. I hope Max will show he is calm, relax and mature enough to not make any silly movements on Charles and destroy his race. P2 is not bad if Hamilton stays out the top 4
"Life is about passions - Thank you for sharing mine" MSC

godlameroso

I hope not, best case scenario is LeClerc takes a new gearbox, then it's Verstappen vs Bottas. Perez is too close to Hamilton, and they both have slower cars ahead of them. If Verstappen is starting 1st, then build gap, pit and go to the end. Sainz may even have more pace than Bottas, however he's starting behind him.
Saishū kōnā

etusch

I couldn't follow forum in recent days and has zero idea about race pace of Ferrari and Redbull. Do anyone has data or comparation of them?

Wouter

etusch wrote:
23 May 2021, 12:17
I couldn't follow forum in recent days and has zero idea about race pace of Ferrari and Redbull. Do anyone has data or comparation of them?
They have not been able to do decent long runs as there was way too much traffic.
So there is nothing to compare.
The Power of Dreams!

godlameroso

Lady luck dealt us the winning hand today, -14 to +4, the word karma comes to mind. Made huge gains on the Constructors championship as well.
Saishū kōnā

Marti_EF3

At least Pérez delivered a strong race when team needed all the points. Now RB leads both championships. Hopefully that's a big boost for the coming races. Today luck was with us, finally =D> =D>

Sayeman

godlameroso wrote:
23 May 2021, 16:43
Lady luck dealt us the winning hand today, -14 to +4, the word karma comes to mind. Made huge gains on the Constructors championship as well.
Now watch Mercedes demolish the grid the next few races. I hate how good their cars are year after year.
Never Give up.