2021 Mclaren F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
BosF1
BosF1

Re: 2021 Mclaren F1 Team

mclaren111 wrote:
23 May 2021, 14:37
ScottR267 wrote:
23 May 2021, 14:36
Gutting for Leclerc, however good news for McLaren! Now to take advantage of the good luck server our way!
??
LeClerc doesn't start on the grid due to gearboxissues. I think he doesn't start at all, but could still be a pitlane start

FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

Darth-Piekus wrote:
23 May 2021, 14:09
Let's hope for a start of a new Mclaren Era in 2022. It has taken so long to be able to get a championship.

Quick edit. Ferrari took a risk and Leclerc might have a DNF before the race starts. The gearbox might have damage after all. If that is the case then in my opinion they were idiots for taking such a high risk.

Yeap it's confirmed. Leclerc will start from the pitlane but I have a feeling the Gearbox won't hold the race.
Ferrari showing they are still operationally bunch of amateurs. They had full 24 hours to diagnose and still didn't figure it out in time. Bottas has a decent chance to upset Verstappen.

Good situation for the team, hopefully we can execute and keep up the fight for P3 in constructors.

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Leclerc won’t start the race at all

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

FittingMechanics wrote:
Darth-Piekus wrote:
23 May 2021, 14:09
Let's hope for a start of a new Mclaren Era in 2022. It has taken so long to be able to get a championship.

Quick edit. Ferrari took a risk and Leclerc might have a DNF before the race starts. The gearbox might have damage after all. If that is the case then in my opinion they were idiots for taking such a high risk.

Yeap it's confirmed. Leclerc will start from the pitlane but I have a feeling the Gearbox won't hold the race.
Ferrari showing they are still operationally bunch of amateurs. They had full 24 hours to diagnose and still didn't figure it out in time. Bottas has a decent chance to upset Verstappen.

Good situation for the team, hopefully we can execute and keep up the fight for P3 in constructors.
It’s a shame though, that’s rough for Leclerc... But I agree that Ferrari took an unnecessary risk it seems... But it seems that it was the left driveshaft and not the gearbox that failed?

FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

Let's go for a podium. Hopefully Lando can finish ahead of Sainz.

Quick pit stops will be paramount.

Darth-Piekus

Also guys let's cross our fingers for Danny also as he is starting with hards and might try one less pit stop. Let's cross our fingers for lots of points from him also.

FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

Darth-Piekus wrote:
23 May 2021, 14:45
Also guys let's cross our fingers for Danny also as he is starting with hards and might try one less pit stop. Let's cross our fingers for lots of points from him also.
One less pitstop would mean zero pitstops for Daniel :).

Darth-Piekus

I mean 1 pit stop compared to the 2 those in front might do.

From which side is Lando starting? Clear or dirty side of the grid? I wonder if he can pass Sainz on the start as I think that will be his best chance.

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Darth-Piekus wrote:I mean 1 pit stop compared to the 2 those in front might do.
It’s a one stop race under normal circumstances (bar Safety Cars)

Darth-Piekus

Safety car will surely appear.

From what I hear Lando starts from the dirty side of the grid so the best thing to do is keep his position at the start. If he manages to pass Sainz that is good but let's keep the position first as there will be chances to pass Sainz in the race cause this is Monaco. Anything can happen.

I miss Huan Pablo Montoya and his crazy passes in Monaco.

FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

Darth-Piekus wrote:
23 May 2021, 14:52
Safety car will surely appear.

From what I hear Lando starts from the dirty side of the grid so the best thing to do is keep his position at the start. If he manages to pass Sainz that is good but let's keep the position first as there will be chances to pass Sainz in the race cause this is Monaco. Anything can happen.

I miss Huan Pablo Montoya and his crazy passes in Monaco.
On Sky they said Lando has great chance to overtake and end up P3 after first turn as his side is better for the start. I think it was Rosberg who said it, not sure though.

Darth-Piekus

Fingers crossed guys. Clean start first of all.

Good start from Norris. He kept his position. Danny lost a place.

Now our battle is with Sainz.

blastdoman
blastdoman

Bad start of Ricc

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Both cars on track, good start of Lando... Will need to check out Daniel’s start and how he lost those 2 positions... But so far, damage limitation is working!

Darth-Piekus

At the moment Sainz is a little faster. Norris might be saving tyres cause we might be able to pass Sainz through the pit stop.