2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Juzh

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

I just want to point out red bull pitwall goofed another point to hamilton for no reason (maybe). Perez should have stopped a few laps before the end for softs and go for fastest lap. He had 27s gap to vettel (pitstop loss is 22s tops). I say maybe because hamilton's lap was pretty fast and it wasn't guaranteed Perez would be able to beat it, but it was worth a try at least. After all perez did 1:14.5 on 32 laps old soft tires that also did Q2 and with much more fuel onboard. Seriously, wtf?

NL_Fer
NL_Fer

I feel the same. They should have given Perez a chance to overtake Norris, but box him at lap 77 for a fastest lap.

Wouter

Last edited by Wouter on 23 May 2021, 17:28, edited 1 time in total.
The Power of Dreams!

dans79

NL_Fer wrote:
23 May 2021, 17:22
I feel the same. They should have given Perez a chance to overtake Norris, but box him at lap 77 for a fastest lap.
Don't you mean 76, so he can outlap on 77 and go for fastest lap on 78?
201 105 104 9 9 7

NL_Fer
NL_Fer

dans79 wrote:
23 May 2021, 17:26
NL_Fer wrote:
23 May 2021, 17:22
Don't you mean 76, so he can outlap on 77 and go for fastest lap on 78?
Depends i guess. When Perez was at pit entry at his 76, race leader was already in 77 and 77/78 was shown on screen. Not sure how to call that.

ispano6

They were trying to force Lando into a mistake most likely, he had a black and white flag and any cutting of the chicane would mean Perez just needed to be within 5 seconds.

godlameroso

Oh well, that fastest lap record will probably remain for some time, so at least there's consolation in that.

Now on to Baku, in two weeks it's hopeful that the Honda engine can be unleashed again to its full capacity. Oh well, we have that illegal bendy wing that McMika is sure is worth .5, just to keep us within spitting distance of Mercedes.

Good thing that the team was going to develop the rear wing anyway, if it ends up having to be a bit stiffer, it'll probably be compensated for by higher performance from the wing itself.

So glad we are racing in Japan again this year, it's such a RBR track, and Silverstone will definitely be a fun watch. Mercedes is very strong in France, but I think the win can be eeked out with strategy. Just gotta have faith in the team, and the hard tires.

Perez knows he has a fast race car, he overtook Hamilton with his pace, and tire whispering, that has to be good for his confidence going forward.
Saishū kōnā

McMika98
McMika98

Baku demands getting heat to tyres quickly which Redbull have no problems, so expect them to be up there with Merc. Id expect Alpha Tauri be quite strong in Baku in quali mostly.

godlameroso

McMika98 wrote:
23 May 2021, 18:29
Baku demands getting heat to tyres quickly which Redbull have no problems, so expect them to be up there with Merc. Id expect Alpha Tauri be quite strong in Baku in quali mostly.
If Tsunoda makes it to Q3 you'll know Honda is back.
Saishū kōnā

Datco
Datco

Well done to RBR. I do beleive they should have pitted Perez. I don't buy the putting Norris under pressure as Perez had fallen 1.8 sec behind. That's not pressure.
So Toto is going to protest RBR wing in Baku.
With the luck RBR has with stewards this could be a problem.
It's already unfair they changing the test mid season, are they doing anything about mercs front wing

nevill3

They also left Perez out probably because Lando was on a black and white flag and one more missed harbour chicane would have been a 5 second penalty.
Sent from my Commodore PET in 1978

wowgr8
wowgr8

I think Spain gave the clearest indication of what the rest of the year will look like at "normal" circuits, neck and neck in qualifying with Mercedes having a race day advantage. The jury is still out when it comes to big outlier tracks like Monza though there I think the Mercedes PU will shine through, also not sure about how Silverstone will go. Not being able to predict what car will be fastest at what track is one of the best things about this season

godlameroso

Datco wrote:
23 May 2021, 18:48
Well done to RBR. I do beleive they should have pitted Perez. I don't buy the putting Norris under pressure as Perez had fallen 1.8 sec behind. That's not pressure.
So Toto is going to protest RBR wing in Baku.
With the luck RBR has with stewards this could be a problem.
It's already unfair they changing the test mid season, are they doing anything about mercs front wing
I don't think he will. As has been mentioned elsewhere, a legal case could have consequences on the commercial side. I think they just have to grin and bear it for Baku, and any changes will come in France, provided the RBR wing is actually excessively flexible, as we still don't know for sure by how much it will not comply with the new tests.
Saishū kōnā

Wouter

These three. :D Great atmosphere!

The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

Wolff threatens Mercedes protest against Red Bull
Today, 17:56

Mercedes' boss Toto Wolff has indicated that the team are willing to protest against Red Bull in Azerbaijan, if the so-called 'bendy wings' run on the RB16B.

"I think if the limbo wings are on in Baku with the advantage that we see it's gonna go to the stewards and if the stewards are not enough, then it's going to go to the ICA (the FIA's International Court of Appeal)," Wolff explained on Sky Sports F1.

"So I guess the FIA is gonna clarify things before Baku because, if not, it could be very messy."
https://racingnews365.com/mercedes-thre ... t-red-bull
The Power of Dreams!