2021 AMG Mercedes F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
PlatinumZealot

Re: 2021 AMG Mercedes F1 Team

The guy was just under pressure. Good thing we are getting the screw ups out ofbthe way early. That said I am deeply concerned over the points Valterri has lost over no fault of his own. If it were Lewis people would be up in arms. I dont know how unlucky a single person can be... But it can just be all bad luck, the team needs to ensure that Valterri is getting equal effort from the strategists and mechanics.
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

Racing Green in 2028

zibby43
zibby43

PlatinumZealot wrote: ↑
25 May 2021, 02:09
The guy was just under pressure. Good thing we are getting the screw ups out ofbthe way early. That said I am deeply concerned over the points Valterri has lost over no fault of his own. If it were Lewis people would be up in arms. I dont know how unlucky a single person can be... But it can just be all bad luck, the team needs to ensure that Valterri is getting equal effort from the strategists and mechanics.
2 DNFs in the last 4 races alone. It's unbelievable.

mkay
mkay

To be honest, the Imola crash is a racing incident at worst. Russell probably deserves more of the blame, but he's not entirely at fault.

Monaco... yeah I agree, absolutely gutting.

Jolle
Jolle

zibby43 wrote: ↑
25 May 2021, 07:12
Bottas had more retirements this short season then Hamilton had in their time together at Mercedes.

El Scorchio

Jolle wrote: ↑
25 May 2021, 12:31
zibby43 wrote: ↑
25 May 2021, 07:12
Bottas had more retirements this short season then Hamilton had in their time together at Mercedes.
and both pretty much out of his control. (OK, you could argue the collision with Russell wasn't, but it's hard to say Bottas was at any major fault there.)

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

El Scorchio

Morteza wrote: ↑
26 May 2021, 17:28
https://youtu.be/GoDu5Oti5pw
This one will be interesting!

Edit- some very good context for poor performance, why they felt they had to pit Hamilton when they did, and some good stuff about their nuts :)

Fair play to them about being up front about 'disaster' weekends and really dissecting it for an audience.

aMessageToCharlie
aMessageToCharlie

"And this is what our nuts look like."
Thanks for the insights, James.

No clues in the video though regarding what Hamilton has been complaining about regarding setup and poor performance from the team.

James is saying the setups were pretty much the same for both cars and the issue was "extracting the performance" in qualifying. Which points to the driver being the issue as Bottas' P3 showed as well.

Same for the race. James is saying that the undercut should have theoretically worked and the issue was only in getting the tires up to temperature and basically being marginally too slow. As the pit stop time was top level as well, this doesnt sound like a mistake from the team to me.

El Scorchio

aMessageToCharlie wrote: ↑
26 May 2021, 18:48

No clues in the video though regarding what Hamilton has been complaining about regarding setup and poor performance from the team.

James is saying the setups were pretty much the same for both cars and the issue was "extracting the performance" in qualifying. Which points to the driver being the issue as Bottas' P3 showed as well.

Same for the race. James is saying that the undercut should have theoretically worked and the issue was only in getting the tires up to temperature and basically being marginally too slow. As the pit stop time was top level as well, this doesnt sound like a mistake from the team to me.
Stop trying to stir the pot.

PlatinumZealot

So what sort of clues were you hoping to find? The team never discusses setup. They will always say the cars a similar even when they have two clearly different rear wings.
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

Racing Green in 2028

aMessageToCharlie
aMessageToCharlie

26 May 2021, 19:13

So what sort of clues were you hoping to find? The team never discusses setup. They will always say the cars a similar even when they have two clearly different rear wings.
Well anything really to give some merit to the claims I keep reading that the team went against Hamilton's advice on setup or an admission of wrong doing by the team.

But all he said is that one driver struggled to build the confidence and to get the tires working.

aMessageToCharlie
aMessageToCharlie

El Scorchio wrote: ↑
26 May 2021, 18:51

Stop getting offended.

If you're too emotional to have a discussion, that's on you.

sprint car76
sprint car76

"Emotional" . what there's people on here with hurt feelings. (chuckle) Didn't know that discussions got that serious on here. (laughing) Now for my take. Hamilton has won here 3 times and you don't normally see him a half second off Bottas. I think there's more to this story than is being let out. We'll see next race if he's forgot how to drive.

El Scorchio

26 May 2021, 22:20
El Scorchio wrote: ↑
26 May 2021, 18:51

Stop getting offended.

If you're too emotional to have a discussion, that's on you.
I’m not emotional, just calling out your nonsense.

Mchamilton
Mchamilton

26 May 2021, 22:16
26 May 2021, 19:13

Well anything really to give some merit to the claims I keep reading that the team went against Hamilton's advice on setup or an admission of wrong doing by the team.

But all he said is that one driver struggled to build the confidence and to get the tires working.
toto said it in an interview at some point over the weekend. just have a look for that interview.