2021 Mclaren F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Emag
Emag

Re: 2021 Mclaren F1 Team

Would have been around 0.4s ahead of Verstappen right now if he kept that onto the final sector. That would have been an amazing lap for FP1. Promising start so far.

EddyBaggio

Andreas, more sand please!

CjC
CjC

EddyBaggio wrote:
04 Jun 2021, 11:23
Andreas, more sand please!
:lol: :lol:
He probably screamed at Lando to have that soft spin :wink: 8)
Just a fan's point of view

genarro
genarro

Things are looking very vey very good so far. Can't wait for FP2

mwillems

Just took a look at the times, Ferrari are looking strong again, their car also looks to be very well balanced.

On face value the "Mclaren will be fast here", "Ferrari will be fast there" seems not to be panning out again. Another fascinating season of ups and downs.

Nothing to do with this P1 session, but I have a feeling Ferrari are going to keep powering ahead this year, we will have to fight tooth and nail to stay ahead I think.
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

_cerber1

New motors for all Mercedes owners. Reasonable.

mwillems

adrianjordan wrote:
30 May 2021, 11:39
mwillems wrote:
29 May 2021, 23:52
SmallSoldier wrote:
29 May 2021, 20:33

But that’s a little bit of the problem... We “read” an article and our inherent bias for or against someone is what “makes it sound” one way or another... Taking things out of context or placing a tone on someone’s words.

I find it funny that some over analyze everything the drivers say and someway / somehow have draw a psychological profile of the drivers :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol

I think over analysis is rife in here. I find it funny that some people dont realise how much they do it too 🤣
Can we take a minute to analyse that.... 😝😝😂😂
Why just a minute? Would you like to talk about that?

-Bandit

Herr_Koos

mwillems wrote:
04 Jun 2021, 12:03
Just took a look at the times, Ferrari are looking strong again, their car also looks to be very well balanced.

On face value the "Mclaren will be fast here", "Ferrari will be fast there" seems not to be panning out again. Another fascinating season of ups and downs.

Nothing to do with this P1 session, but I have a feeling Ferrari are going to keep powering ahead this year, we will have to fight tooth and nail to stay ahead I think.
As always on a Friday though, the question is who was pushing and who had the engine turned down. McLaren have made a point of it not to show their hand on a Friday at any race this year. Having said that, I don't doubt that Ferrari has genuine pace now.

mwillems

Herr_Koos wrote:
04 Jun 2021, 12:10
mwillems wrote:

As always on a Friday though, the question is who was pushing and who had the engine turned down. McLaren have made a point of it not to show their hand on a Friday at any race this year. Having said that, I don't doubt that Ferrari has genuine pace now.
This is very true and they may be pushing more, but we've said that before, and given the trajectory that Ferrari are on right now, it feels like they may well just have the outright faster car.

But everything can change in flash and who knows, maybe we have a lot of time in the bag still compared to those around us.

-Bandit

MrGapes

Herr_Koos wrote:
04 Jun 2021, 12:10
mwillems wrote:

Exactly, especially when not everyone is able to get a clean lap etc. taking Lando's mega lap for example... but usually Macca just seem to like to be a bit lowkey on a Friday, run heavier fuel or lower engine mode whatever, I mean I would argue if we go off last years race results and track types, most of the last tracks have been stronger Ferrari tracks, I think we've really come into a chain of strong races now, this race, France, 2x Austria, we must maximize the results here.

Chicane
Chicane

Being one of the favorites for pole is such a huge leap for the team.
Quickshifter

Herr_Koos

Chicane wrote:
04 Jun 2021, 13:03
Being one of the favorites for pole is such a huge leap for the team.
I wouldn't go that far in Baku. This is a loooong lap with plenty of time to be gained or lost. McLaren could perhaps sneak a pole at a shorter track like Austria though, or even Monza where they went so well last year.

Herr_Koos

_cerber1 wrote:
04 Jun 2021, 12:05
Was wondering whether they would do that, given this is race 6 and you want to give it the full beans down that massive straight. Excellent reliability so far anyway.

billamend
billamend

Herr_Koos wrote:
04 Jun 2021, 13:21
_cerber1 wrote:
Was wondering whether they would do that, given this is race 6 and you want to give it the full beans down that massive straight. Excellent reliability so far anyway.
You can keep more than one engine in the “pool” AFAIK. Maybe they want to put an higher engine mode this weekend and for that need a “fresh” engine.

Herr_Koos

billamend wrote:
04 Jun 2021, 13:31
Herr_Koos wrote:
04 Jun 2021, 13:21
_cerber1 wrote:
You can keep more than one engine in the “pool” AFAIK. Maybe they want to put an higher engine mode this weekend and for that need a “fresh” engine.
Yes of course, that's what I was referring to. Use the new engine for maximum attack this weekend, and save the older one for use at a less power-sensitive track later in the year.