2021 AMG Mercedes F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
e30ernest
e30ernest

Re: 2021 AMG Mercedes F1 Team

zibby43 wrote:
05 Jun 2021, 16:31
214270 wrote:
05 Jun 2021, 11:58
Tvetovnato wrote:
05 Jun 2021, 09:23

Using averages is pretty meaningless here though, given the nature of street circuits (yellow flags almost every lap somewhere) and the fact that we have such a few amount of race laps in practice this year. You do have to pick out the few undisturbed laps as a result, and those showed a different picture. Crofty and the crew went on about Merc being way off in race trim, which definitely was not the case.

The main task for Merc is to sort out today. If they can, then we have a race.
Yes, the sessions have been quite choppy but Windsor does this all the time. He claimed a few races ago TSU was faster than NOR based on this style of analysis.
And Windsor was bang-on again.
I was about to post that. :mrgreen: Good turnaround for Merc. I really feel bad for Bottas though.

zibby43 wrote:
214270 wrote:
Tvetovnato wrote:
05 Jun 2021, 09:23

Using averages is pretty meaningless here though, given the nature of street circuits (yellow flags almost every lap somewhere) and the fact that we have such a few amount of race laps in practice this year. You do have to pick out the few undisturbed laps as a result, and those showed a different picture. Crofty and the crew went on about Merc being way off in race trim, which definitely was not the case.

The main task for Merc is to sort out today. If they can, then we have a race.
Yes, the sessions have been quite choppy but Windsor does this all the time. He claimed a few races ago TSU was faster than NOR based on this style of analysis.
Is this a joke? He was lukewarm about LEC, he brought out the receipts to show PER would be stronger than VER and mentioned RIC was a couple of tenths off NOR. Only thing he got right was HAM would be in the mix and BOT would struggle, and even then he was talking about their race pace.

He’s a decent raconteur Windsor is, but that’s all IMO.
Team ANTI-HYPE. Prove it, then I’ll anoint you.

Marty_Y
Marty_Y

It should be a good race tomorrow, hopefully it will be a clean start then it will turn into a great battle between the 3 best drivers (imo) on the grid at the moment.

Hope Bottas can turn his weekend around and get some crucial constructors points for the team.

Marty_Y wrote:
05 Jun 2021, 17:32
It should be a good race tomorrow, hopefully it will be a clean start then it will turn into a great battle between the 3 best drivers (imo) on the grid at the moment.

Hope Bottas can turn his weekend around and get some crucial constructors points for the team.
I credit BOT for seemingly always taking up the slack when HAM misfires but it’s this type of situation that’s been problematic; where he needs to be aggressive and punch through from a low starting position.

It’s Baku and he’s had success here before so who knows, but he has some fast cars in front of him.

Marty_Y
Marty_Y

214270 wrote:
05 Jun 2021, 17:39
Marty_Y wrote:

I credit BOT for seemingly always taking up the slack when HAM misfires but it’s this type of situation that’s been problematic; where he needs to be aggressive and punch through from a low starting position.

It’s Baku and he’s had success here before so who knows, but he has some fast cars in front of him.
I agree, I'm not one of Bottas's critics but that's one of his weak points, when he's in traffic he just gets stuck in the train and doesn't make progress quickly enough.
As you say, first he has to get past Norris after his grid penalty which won't be easy, Norris is a very talented racer and won't be in the mood to lose more places.

godlameroso

You ever lose your keys, get frustrated, almost anxious, after 20 minutes searching and they were in your hands the whole time. How do you feel afterwards... A bit like after Q1 maybe?
Saishū kōnā

zibby43
zibby43

214270 wrote:
05 Jun 2021, 17:24
zibby43 wrote:
214270 wrote:

Is this a joke?

Only thing he got right was HAM would be in the mix and BOT would struggle
No.

And yes. Which is exactly what I was referring to.

El Scorchio

Marty_Y wrote:
05 Jun 2021, 17:55
214270 wrote:
05 Jun 2021, 17:39
Marty_Y wrote:

I agree, I'm not one of Bottas's critics but that's one of his weak points, when he's in traffic he just gets stuck in the train and doesn't make progress quickly enough.
As you say, first he has to get past Norris after his grid penalty which won't be easy, Norris is a very talented racer and won't be in the mood to lose more places.
It’s absolutely his weak point. I don’t know if it’s lack of aggression or race craft or being too risk averse but you would see hamilton, Verstappen or Vettel carve through when they have to. Bottas seems to struggle with it.

zibby43 wrote:
05 Jun 2021, 19:33
214270 wrote:
zibby43 wrote:

Is this a joke?

No.

“Only thing he got right was HAM would be in the mix and BOT would struggle, and even then he was talking about their race pace.” - Is what I actually wrote (ie) Windsor was speculating about their Sunday pace.

Have you seen his latest vid? He claims LEC picked up a tow from HAM at the beginning, not end of his quick lap. Utter rubbish. A look at LECs pole-lap onboard and clearly HAM wasn’t in frame until 15/16 !!!

zibby43
zibby43

214270 wrote:
05 Jun 2021, 22:21
zibby43 wrote:
214270 wrote:

Is this a joke?

No.

“Only thing he got right was HAM would be in the mix and BOT would struggle, and even then he was talking about their race pace.” - Is what I actually wrote (ie) Windsor was speculating about their Sunday pace.

Have you seen his latest vid? He claims LEC picked up a tow from HAM at the beginning, not end of his quick lap. Utter rubbish. A look at LECs pole-lap onboard and clearly HAM wasn’t in frame until 15/16 !!!
Does Peter Windsor owe you money?

He's never 100% accurate, but I think he offers meaningful contributions and genuinely appreciate his content. He also has RB as the fastest race car for Sunday, whereas I think the Mercedes will be every bit as good in looking after the rear tires.

zibby43 wrote:
05 Jun 2021, 23:54
214270 wrote:
zibby43 wrote:

No.

He's never 100% accurate, but I think he offers meaningful contributions and genuinely appreciate his content. He also has RB as the fastest race car for Sunday, whereas I think the Mercedes will be every bit as good in looking after the rear tires.
Nope, he’s full of sh1t is all. And for what is amongst the best technical forums out there, not really worthy of a signal boost esp on here.

“never 100% accurate” - that’s a good one 🤣. I mean seriously, how do you even get the P1 lap so wrong? What’s he looking at?

zibby43
zibby43

214270 wrote:
06 Jun 2021, 03:28
zibby43 wrote:
214270 wrote:

Nope, he’s full of sh1t is all. And for what is amongst the best technical forums out there, not really worthy of a signal boost esp on here.

“never 100% accurate” - that’s a good one 🤣. I mean seriously, how do you even get the P1 lap so wrong? What’s he looking at?
I’ll let him know next time I see him.

On a side note, this is a team thread. Not a technical thread. And Pete could’ve said a purple space alien got P1 in a tractor and it’d be more coherent than half the posts I’ve seen in the flexi-wing thread.

So just chill. Although I’d be happy to read whatever you can add to the topic of the Mercedes team.

zibby43
zibby43

Marty_Y wrote:

Absolutely.

How high do you project Bottas and Perez will climb?

Shrieker

Who has the high DF rear wing ? I remember hearing yesterday that Bottas had the high DF rear wing, and Lewis, the low DF one. Today I read on racefans it's the opposite.

Safe to say, I'm confused :S
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

cheeRS
cheeRS

214270 wrote:
06 Jun 2021, 03:28
zibby43 wrote:
214270 wrote:

Look in the mirror, pal - I think you will find who is full of sh1t if you're honest.

There's not a single pundit, commentator, or fan out there that knows everything, but at least PW goes to the races and gives interesting, meaningful, and quite accurate insight. If you're jealous of the guy, fine, it certainly shows in your comments, but at least show some maturity and camaraderie. We're all F1 fans first and foremost, right?
Human history is the long terrible story of man trying to find something other than God which will make him happy.