2021 Mclaren F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Ground Effect
Ground Effect

Re: 2021 Mclaren F1 Team

the EDGE wrote:
25 Jun 2021, 16:25
Ground Effect wrote:
25 Jun 2021, 16:22
_cerber1 wrote:
25 Jun 2021, 16:12
I can’t read tweets from my location, can you give details please? Thanks.
Where the hell are you…? North Korea?

“ Andreas Seidl: It's only Free Practice but I think we have had two great sessions. Both drivers not fully happy with the balance of the car in the first session, so the team worked hard together with the drivers in the break and we could see straight away ....

Seidl: ....from the first run onwards that we could make a step and also then doing a hot lap on the sfot tyres I think everything worked pretty well.”
:lol: :lol: That’s like a holiday destination for some of us here! Nigeria 🇳🇬 actually, off topic though, but long story short, our President had one of his tweets deleted and promptly suspended Twitter in the country. So I may make these requests once in a while, bear with me.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

mwillems

the EDGE wrote:
Ground Effect wrote:
_cerber1 wrote:

“ Andreas Seidl: It's only Free Practice but I think we have had two great sessions. Both drivers not fully happy with the balance of the car in the first session, so the team worked hard together with the drivers in the break and we could see straight away ....

Seidl: ....from the first run onwards that we could make a step and also then doing a hot lap on the sfot tyres I think everything worked pretty well.”
hahahaha

I suspect I could be something more like a work firewall!

Since COVID hit I blocked Youtube, Facebook, Twitter et al in the firewall as our VPN couldn't handle it all the traffic, especially since everyone was now at home feeling more comfortable in surfing the net. Including some dubious websites because they just assumed as someone couldn't physically see them, that they were all right.
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

mclaren111

the EDGE wrote:
Ground Effect wrote:
_cerber1 wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

mwillems

Ground Effect wrote:
25 Jun 2021, 16:33
the EDGE wrote:
Ground Effect wrote:

:lol: :lol: That’s like a holiday destination for some of us here! Nigeria 🇳🇬 actually, off topic though, but long story short, our President had one of his tweets deleted and promptly suspended Twitter in the country. So I may make these requests once in a while, bear with me.
hahahaha sounds like a completely reasonable response!

-Bandit

Macklaren
Macklaren

Race pace looking good if we are indeed sandbagging more than the others like in the past few races. If not, going to be a tough midfield scrap (unless it rains)

mwillems

I guess a few signs are there to give confidence. We tend to not run terribly competitively on Friday due to running with a little more sand, so if we are up there on a Friday, we have either dialled in quicker than others or we are fast here, It's entirely possible that others decided to carry more sand, or we changed our strategy, or we got to the best setup very quickly, but the more likely option is that the car is quick over a lap, in my opinion. I hope this isn't wrong.

Second, is that since our Fridays tend to be not that representative of our final position on the grid and our race pace, the best place to get an idea of how competitive is the team itself, and Seidl seems quite bullish, in his own way:

https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/87482/au ... seidl.html

So I feel confident that we are going to post some good times here, and with two races in Austria this could be a good few weeks for Mclaren.

Also, I think Bottas has a three place penalty, so there is the opportunity to push ahead of him for starting position.

-Bandit

the EDGE
the EDGE

Lando seem happy…

Edit…

For our friends in Nigeria…

“ She’s feeling pretty good, few tweaks tonight and we’re ready.”

Macklaren
Macklaren

3 place penalty for Bottas is an opportunity for Daniel and Lando. This is probably why McL was on with Masi loudly complaining just after they kindly finished helping out Bottas! :D

the EDGE
the EDGE

Macklaren wrote:
25 Jun 2021, 20:22
3 place penalty for Bottas is an opportunity for Daniel and Lando. This is probably why McL was on with Masi loudly complaining just after they kindly finished helping out Bottas! :D
I don't agree with the penalty… but if McLaren can capitalise out of it then at least something good has come of it 🤣

billamend
billamend

Macklaren wrote:
25 Jun 2021, 20:22
Maybe also because it was fcking dangerous and could have hurt a McLaren mechanic. I would have been livid if a competitor had put my team members at risk by doing some “experiments”.
Last edited by billamend on 25 Jun 2021, 21:38, edited 1 time in total.

mwillems

Yeah it was a bit daft by Bottas, you have to be safe in the put lane.

-Bandit

mwillems

the EDGE wrote:
25 Jun 2021, 20:11
Lando seem happy…

Edit…

So it looks like they have dialled in very quickly. It will be interesting to see how much more the other teams can dial in. Hopefully they won't gain any more than us relative to today.

p.s. For anyone who didn't get the memo that the Nigerian president turned twitter off in the country, then your edit is going to look quite odd! :lol:

-Bandit

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

the EDGE wrote:
25 Jun 2021, 20:11
Lando seem happy…

Edit…

=D> 👍
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

runningmanz
runningmanz

Great to see Dan on it from the get go this weekend. We are not normally this quick on Fridays so it looks really promising. A possible extra opportunity too with Bottas getting the 3 place grid penalty.

Gotta love this from McLaren and Ricciardo lol

Darth-Piekus

I just saw the incident. Wow. It was dangerous as hell. I can't remember anyone ever doing that in the history of Formula 1. Bottas must be the first one.