2021 Styrian Grand Prix - Spielberg, June 25 - 27

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
PlatinumZealot

Re: 2021 Styrian Grand Prix - Spielberg, June 25 - 27

Hoffman900 wrote:
26 Jun 2021, 18:27
This is not one of LH best tracks for qualifying. He will just go for a race setup.
Lewis has been trending this way in his career in general. A younger, faster Lewis, was trying to emulate his racing hero, Ayrton Senna, but as he has gotten older, and likely slowed down just a hair, he now races like an Alain Prost.
It seems natural but no evidence to support in that Lewis' case. If we compare his Q3 times against Bottas at tracks Lewis is considered weak at, like this one.... You might find this is the closest he has every been.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

mclaren113
mclaren113

Pyrone89 wrote:
26 Jun 2021, 19:06
mclaren113 wrote:
26 Jun 2021, 18:52
What's the weather forecast for tomorrow?
Some website say it'll sunny, others say it'll be rainy
Thunderstorms in the afternoon, sunny in the morning
So it'll start raining 3 minutes after the chequered flag as usual 🤣

PlatinumZealot

Juzh wrote:
26 Jun 2021, 19:24
max vs ham q3 (open in yt)

lando q3 lap
RB much sharper and quicker down the straights. Ominous for them to be good on all tracks. :oops:
Thing is Merc was never a sharp car on turn-in but in previous years they had the straight line and high corners locked... Not so anymore. The car is all around weaker in every area but seems to be a little more gentler on its tyres than the RB. Basically, from now on they will start races from behind and hoping to reel in the Bulls or hope for strategy/errors to go their way.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

Tvetovnato
Tvetovnato

grubschumi13 wrote:
26 Jun 2021, 20:20
Tvetovnato wrote:
26 Jun 2021, 19:12
grubschumi13 wrote:
26 Jun 2021, 18:38

RBR average quali is 3 while Merc is 2.5 so Merc is on ave the better car. Max is an outlier putting it in pole. Gasly, Albon and now Perez are showing this car is not then best.

All this underdog talk by Hamilton to me sounds like he is getting his excuses in early or trying to set up and make it look like he stole a pole he had no right being on.
The average quali position says nothing about which is the best car. If Gasly, Albon and Perez cannot qualify better, it doesn’t necessarily mean the RBR is a worse car, it might as well mean that they are not quick enough to extract what the car is capable of. Bottas is a good qualifier and always has been, hence he is more likely to qualify closer to Lewis. Perez has not shown any real top pace in his career, and that only gets proven this year. Albon and Gasly were not given much of a chance (at least not compared to Bottas).

I think it’s quite clear that when everything comes together for Merc, they are there. But the RBR gets there much more often and independent of conditions. You can see by the onboards how good it is compared to the Merc this year. Merc is indeed the underdog, and they will most likely not be able to turn it around either because of the limited spending this year.
No it proves Merc has been, still is the quicker package. Max is clearly doing more in lesser equipment.
Wow. You really changed my mind now! :lol:

NathanOlder

lh13 wrote:
26 Jun 2021, 16:45
Sieper wrote:
26 Jun 2021, 16:38
It also shows how good Lando is. Somewhere someone was saying we might see Russell at Mclaren next year. I don’t think so, I really hope Ricciardo will come good, but that would be a prospect also. They were both super quick in Formula 2 as well. Russell impressed me more back then, but his team was also better imho.
I think Russell deserves more credit even now. The guy just out-qualified a Ferrari, an Aston Martin and a McLaren, in a Williams. And some fans of a certain driver still don't think he is qualified enough for the 2nd Mercedes seat.
Why bring Bottas fans up ?

Lewis fans can't wait to see George in the other Mercedes, will make the team stronger, so we cannot wait!
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

NathanOlder

Pyrone89 wrote:
26 Jun 2021, 17:59
Artur Craft wrote:
26 Jun 2021, 17:33
atanatizante wrote:
26 Jun 2021, 16:51
So can we saw that with this short track, with 3 straights and just 6 real corners, RB with their higher top speed is gaining some 2,5 tenths and that`s something bigger than those 3,5 tenths they were gaining at Paul Ricard ...
It has 7 real corners, at least the way I count it. Being this minimalist is why drivers are generally close to each other, Ricciardo apart.
erudite450 wrote:
26 Jun 2021, 16:57
What wouldn't I give to anyone who's willing to get on Di Resta's nerves?
I don´t follow Sky´s broadcast. When I watch F1, I do with my local channel(just for the images) on mute. But, the impression I get is that people tend to loath Di Resta because, if I understood correctly, he´s the only one on the Sky team who is not aboard the Hamilton hype train. I remember many years ago when I saw a few bits from UK´s Sky how Crofty, Brundle, Herbert.... are all hyping everything Hamilton does and when the result is not good enough they immediately start saying other drivers´ cars are better and etc....

Is that it, is PDR hated just because he doesn´t conform to the LH cult or is there more to it?
True. DiResta is not part of the cult.

With regards to Sky: no problem to be biased for your own citizens. However the FOM made it a problem by choosing Sky as the interviewers and commentator for the global feed. They should have a neutral team for that.
Thats FOM's problem though, so not a SKY problem. Maybe FOM should put a team together.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

seense
seense

Not a fan of the Dutch commentary so always watch with sky/croft. I always believed they weren't that biased towards Hamilton but now when Hamilton is behind in the wdc I start seeing the worshipping. Still don't think I'll revert to the shallow Ziggo/Dutch reporters.

aMessageToCharlie
aMessageToCharlie

I don’t get all this "car x is so much better than car y", "car x is a donkey and handles like a truck" blah, blah. It's silly in both directions.

Are people not paying attention?

The performance of the two top teams is the closest it's been in a decade. They're literally seperated by 100ths of a second (see imola and barcelona). 3 poles for Merc, 3 poles for RBR. 3 wins for Merc, 4 wins for RBR. One car is slightly faster in qualy, one car is slightly faster in the race. Cars chasing each other for whole stints within a few seconds apart. This is literally as close as team performance can get and people are trying to spin it to support their fan fiction.

Just enjoy the show, folks.

lh13
lh13

NathanOlder wrote:
26 Jun 2021, 21:30
lh13 wrote:
Sieper wrote:
26 Jun 2021, 16:38
It also shows how good Lando is. Somewhere someone was saying we might see Russell at Mclaren next year. I don’t think so, I really hope Ricciardo will come good, but that would be a prospect also. They were both super quick in Formula 2 as well. Russell impressed me more back then, but his team was also better imho.
I think Russell deserves more credit even now. The guy just out-qualified a Ferrari, an Aston Martin and a McLaren, in a Williams. And some fans of a certain driver still don't think he is qualified enough for the 2nd Mercedes seat.

Lewis fans can't wait to see George in the other Mercedes, will make the team stronger, so we cannot wait!
Thank you.

Why edit the post though? Afraid you would have proven my point? :lol:

NathanOlder

lh13 wrote:
26 Jun 2021, 22:15
NathanOlder wrote:
26 Jun 2021, 21:30
lh13 wrote:

Thank you.

Why edit the post though? Afraid you would have proven my point? :lol:
I didnt edit it.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

PlatinumZealot

aMessageToCharlie wrote:
26 Jun 2021, 22:12
I don’t get all this "car x is so much better than car y", "car x is a donkey and handles like a truck" blah, blah. It's silly in both directions.

Are people not paying attention?

The performance of the two top teams is the closest it's been in a decade. They're literally seperated by 100ths of a second (see imola and barcelona). 3 poles for Merc, 3 poles for RBR. 3 wins for Merc, 4 wins for RBR. One car is slightly faster in qualy, one car is slightly faster in the race. Cars chasing each other for whole stints within a few seconds apart. This is literally as close as team performance can get and people are trying to spin it to support their fan fiction.

Just enjoy the show, folks.
Erm. Forgot 2012, 2017 and 2018?
This years I see one car that's strongest everywhere. At least in 2017 and 2018 the Ferrari / Merc had different strengths and weaknesses.

Anyway. Im bored of this fast car slow car stuff. Mods what can you do about it? Can you make a rule needs to be made specifically for "car trolling" which seems to be in vogue these days.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

Artur Craft

Juzh wrote:
watch?v=1WR2dryYEt8
wtf :wtf:
Why is this video not banned since youtube says it has to be opened in youtube because it contains F1´s copyrighted material?

Are they now allowing "us" to upload F1 videos and monetizing it for themselves?

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Artur Craft wrote:
26 Jun 2021, 23:13
Juzh wrote:
watch?v=1WR2dryYEt8
wtf :wtf:
Why is this video not banned since youtube says it has to be opened in youtube because it contains F1´s copyrighted material?

Are they now allowing "us" to upload F1 videos and monetizing it for themselves?
This is nothing new. Been going on for years.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

JordanMugen

PlatinumZealot wrote:
26 Jun 2021, 21:15
RB much sharper and quicker down the straights. Ominous for them to be good on all tracks. :oops:
Wrong emoticon, it should be this one: :D

Great stuff to see the Red Bull with good pace. =D>

Artur Craft

NL_Fer wrote:
26 Jun 2021, 20:13
Norris matched that McLaren from race 1. He has never been slow in that car, didn’t expect because the matched Russel and Albon in F2
:?
Most of the time that Sainz didn´t have a problem in his car, he beaten Norris with no major difficulties.