2021 Mclaren F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
f1rules
f1rules

Re: 2021 Mclaren F1 Team

How smart making undercut with danny hoping leclerc and perez follow, to cover norris, tjey dont so now daniel more in front and norris still made it out in front, brilliant!!!

chrisgr
chrisgr

SmallSoldier wrote:
04 Jul 2021, 15:41
Nicely done!!!

In front of Leclerc and Perez, even with the 5 second penalty… Fantastic!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Incredible driving by Norris. It's just that he might lose a podium with that penalty. Still possible though.

mwillems

Emag wrote:
04 Jul 2021, 15:42
--- hell, lost a podium to a shitty penalty. Lando deserved a reward for today. Completely different class compared to the rest of the midfield.

Very disappointed with that decision.
Bottas is in front on merit, penalty is almost meaningless.

Ferraris have both yet to pit.
Last edited by mwillems on 04 Jul 2021, 15:43, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

chrisgr wrote:
04 Jul 2021, 15:39
mwillems wrote:
04 Jul 2021, 15:34
Darth-Piekus wrote:
04 Jul 2021, 15:33
I am speechless. F off FIA. He didn't even touch him and Perez wasn't even in front. That desicion was scandalous.
I don't agree with it, but its not scandalous.
The rule states you leave space and he didn't. Its more important that you do with Gravel.

Again, I dont agree with the decision, but he didn't leave space so he left himself open to the penalty.

Ric is one stopping.
You can't leave space when you are driving and turning with a formula 1 car. Only if Norris braked harder. But he is on the racing line and he is clearly in front of Perez. The word scandalous of course is a bit exaggerating...
This.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

Emag
Emag

Lando was amazing today. He was 1 second faster than the rest of the midfield. He should be proud of the pace he showed today, regardless of the result.

Darth-Piekus

Dont count Lando out yet. He can chase Bottas and try to get back that 3rd place.

mwillems

chrisgr wrote:
04 Jul 2021, 15:39
mwillems wrote:
04 Jul 2021, 15:34
Darth-Piekus wrote:
04 Jul 2021, 15:33
I am speechless. F off FIA. He didn't even touch him and Perez wasn't even in front. That desicion was scandalous.
I don't agree with it, but its not scandalous.
The rule states you leave space and he didn't. Its more important that you do with Gravel.

Again, I dont agree with the decision, but he didn't leave space so he left himself open to the penalty.

Ric is one stopping.
You can't leave space when you are driving and turning with a formula 1 car. Only if Norris braked harder. But he is on the racing line and he is clearly in front of Perez. The word scandalous of course is a bit exaggerating...
You can but you lose the position, which is why I agree with you. Perez hadn't earned that position and should back out.

-Bandit

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

chrisgr wrote:
SmallSoldier wrote:
04 Jul 2021, 15:41
Nicely done!!!

In front of Leclerc and Perez, even with the 5 second penalty… Fantastic!

Incredible driving by Norris. It's just that he might lose a podium with that penalty. Still possible though.
I’m afraid that on pace, the podium might be too hard… But his pace is still a good second faster than the midfield

101FlyingDutchman
101FlyingDutchman

RIC race critical now. If he can clear GAS then he’s looking good

Xero

He's hanging on to Bottas, but not expecting any progress. If he can sit there the rest of the race that's a great achievement. The focus is now on Daniel, this is going to be a tight battle with Perez and Leclerc.
Last edited by Xero on 04 Jul 2021, 15:48, edited 1 time in total.

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

mwillems wrote:
Emag wrote:
--- hell, lost a podium to a shitty penalty. Lando deserved a reward for today. Completely different class compared to the rest of the midfield.

I don’t agree with that, Norris had a good couple of seconds to Bottas, without the penalty, he would have came out of the pits in front of Bottas and if he managed to keep Hamilton behind, he should have been able to keep Bottas behind also

mwillems

We are looking strong for 4th and 5th.

All that focus on Lando but a stunning race from Daniel so far.

-Bandit

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

Lando has probably been pushed off track more times than anyone in the last 2 years. During starts, while trying to overtake etc. I can’t remember any of those cases earning a penalty. Really disappointed.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Xero wrote:He's hanging on to Bottas, but not expecting any progress. If he can sit there the rest of the race that's a great achievement. The focus is now on Daniel, this is going to be a tight battle with Perez and Leclerc.
Daniel needs to make the move on Gasly soon, because Perez is coming… But, Gasly is with DRS with RAI

mwillems

SmallSoldier wrote:
04 Jul 2021, 15:48
mwillems wrote:
Emag wrote:

I don’t agree with that, Norris had a good couple of seconds to Bottas, without the penalty, he would have came out of the pits in front of Bottas and if he managed to keep Hamilton behind, he should have been able to keep Bottas behind also

Yes true, I didn't see his stop and my brain went straight to 5 secs added on.

-Bandit