2021 Mclaren F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Re: 2021 Mclaren F1 Team

P3 and P7… I’ll take it!!!

Fantastic result for the team… Opening the gap to Ferrari… Great race by Daniel, getting back on the rhythm and of course the driver of the day with Lando, that was an amazing race from him… All weekend long

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

chrisgr
chrisgr

3rd place and a podium on merit!! on pure race pace!!

Darth-Piekus

The F1 Giant and best team in F1 is coming to claim it's throne. Red Bull and Mercedes better get ready next year.

the EDGE
the EDGE

Awesome drive fro RIC, as for Lando…. words can’t describe it…. 🥳

mwillems

Darth-Piekus wrote:
04 Jul 2021, 16:34
The F1 Giant and best team in F1 is coming to claim it's throne. Red Bull and Mercedes better get ready next year.
Oh, why is that?
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

Could have been a P2, but this was all Lando, the kid is awesome. We worried about consistency, but he’s put that to bed. Like I said after qualifying, McLaren will be under pressure to give this guy a race winning car. I hope they’re in good shape for 2022. Lando said he’d give Max a run for his money in the same car, abso-freakin’-lutely!
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

Darth-Piekus

mwillems wrote:
04 Jul 2021, 16:36
Darth-Piekus wrote:
04 Jul 2021, 16:34
Oh, why is that?
For no reason at all. I am just cheering. Dont mind me. In all seriousness though the big reset next year is the team's opportunity.

PhillipM
PhillipM

Getting through on the mediums does that for your strategy.
I always hated that ruling, the top two teams are so fast all that forcing the top ten to start on the tyres they qualify on was make sure anyone that can't do Q2 on the mediums gets their strategy wrecked every time.

mwillems

PhillipM wrote:
04 Jul 2021, 16:39
Getting through on the mediums does that for your strategy.
I always hated that ruling, the top two teams are so fast all that forcing the top ten to start on the tyres they qualify on was make sure anyone that can't do Q2 on the mediums gets their strategy wrecked every time.
Yeah but I like that rule today lol

-Bandit

mwillems

I wish I'd have gone ahead and put money on top 3 for Norris.

I said it like the black eyed peas, I got a feeling!

-Bandit

proteus

Lando again fantastic. Daniel good enough as well. Perez in the other hand today acted completely out of order. RedBull restart tactic was dirty, him going off the track mostly his fault and his attitude against Leclerc rotten. His second penalty should be 10 seconds atleast, since he repeated the same manouver of pushing someone off the track.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

mwillems

mwillems wrote:
03 Jul 2021, 23:20
the EDGE wrote:
03 Jul 2021, 22:05
mwillems wrote:
03 Jul 2021, 21:54
I don't want to say it too loud, for fear of being ridiculed here, but I feel like Lando has a chance to keep P2 on merit....
Quick… someone poke mwillems… he’s typing in his sleep again… happy dreams my friend 🤣

But on a serious not, 9 long years we’ve waited for this, I didn’t realise it had been that long

Does anyone still remember the days we sat around dreaming of fighting for podiums… well we’re here now, and here on hard work & merit, and I hope we’re all enjoying it

Mwillems, I’m sure it won’t be long before we’re fighting for wins, but sadly I don’t think the race pace is there yet.

Perhaps with another year of development or tokens to update the chassis from last year things might have been different, but to be completely honest, I don’t think I could be any happier than I am today already
lol I'm wide awake and tiling my kitchen floor having watched the England game, so I can't blame drowsiness or dreaming!

I have absolutely nothing to go on but my gut is that the floor upgrade is a marked improvement in med-fast corners (Car, not kitchen floor) and therefore we will have better grip, more speed and less tyre deg. I really like the floor upgrade, it looks like it should be able to make a good difference, simple, inelegant but effective.

You know, I just have this feeling that tomorrow is going to be a very good day for Lando, silly mishaps not withstanding. I don't bet, but I might put some money on him to finish in the top 3.
Lol my gut nailed it :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :?

-Bandit

the EDGE
the EDGE

mwillems wrote:
04 Jul 2021, 16:44
mwillems wrote:
the EDGE wrote:
03 Jul 2021, 22:05

Quick… someone poke mwillems… he’s typing in his sleep again… happy dreams my friend 🤣

But on a serious not, 9 long years we’ve waited for this, I didn’t realise it had been that long

Does anyone still remember the days we sat around dreaming of fighting for podiums… well we’re here now, and here on hard work & merit, and I hope we’re all enjoying it

Mwillems, I’m sure it won’t be long before we’re fighting for wins, but sadly I don’t think the race pace is there yet.

Perhaps with another year of development or tokens to update the chassis from last year things might have been different, but to be completely honest, I don’t think I could be any happier than I am today already
lol I'm wide awake and tiling my kitchen floor having watched the England game, so I can't blame drowsiness or dreaming!

I have absolutely nothing to go on but my gut is that the floor upgrade is a marked improvement in med-fast corners (Car, not kitchen floor) and therefore we will have better grip, more speed and less tyre deg. I really like the floor upgrade, it looks like it should be able to make a good difference, simple, inelegant but effective.

You know, I just have this feeling that tomorrow is going to be a very good day for Lando, silly mishaps not withstanding. I don't bet, but I might put some money on him to finish in the top 3.
NEVER been so pleased to be so wrong

You know what this means right… you gotta relay your kitchen floor every weekend now… our lucky charm 🤣

mwillems

the EDGE wrote:
04 Jul 2021, 16:46
mwillems wrote:
mwillems wrote:

You know what this means right… you gotta relay your kitchen floor every weekend now… our lucky charm 🤣
Well my partner might say I've been doing it for long enough already :D

She would also be right.

I'm off to lay todays three tiles.

-Bandit

the EDGE
the EDGE

mwillems wrote:
04 Jul 2021, 16:47
the EDGE wrote:
04 Jul 2021, 16:46
mwillems wrote:

Well my partner might say I've been doing it for long enough already :D

She would also be right.

I'm off to lay todays three tiles.
We’ll slow the hell down… you have an excuse to drag it out… 1 tile a weekend… you have 14 left right?