2021 Mclaren F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
PhillipM
PhillipM

Re: 2021 Mclaren F1 Team

Yeah it's gonna be very hot for silverstone today and tommorow. I got in my car earlier and had to open the windows and get back out, it was 48c inside, black leather, guess the track won't be much different :D

Xero

Expectations? Keep out of trouble and roughly maintain position, and see if we can leap Leclerc.

FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

My god Crofty. If you didn't see Perez overtaking, don't shout like he is. Ricciardo was attacking Perez, not Perez passing Ricciardo.

mwillems

FittingMechanics wrote:
17 Jul 2021, 17:36
My god Crofty. If you didn't see Perez overtaking, don't shout like he is. Ricciardo was attacking Perez, not Perez passing Ricciardo.
Yeah I saw that too lol
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

mwillems

I thoroughly enjoyed that session.
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

Good result. Not sure what to think of the session, cars are hard to overtake so the racing can't be super exciting.

Emag
Emag

What happened with Leclerc. Couldn't follow the race but apparently he has finished quite a bit ahead. Was he just that fast?

runningmanz
runningmanz

Well I quite enjoyed that. Dan was faster than Lando but got stuck behind Alonso. Good to have Perez out of the way. Leclerc was fast though he's going to be hard to beat tomorrow but at least Sainz is starting well back.

saputra_25
saputra_25

Emag wrote:
17 Jul 2021, 18:06
What happened with Leclerc. Couldn't follow the race but apparently he has finished quite a bit ahead. Was he just that fast?
Noris was stuck behind Fernando, otherwise it would be a lot closer to Leclerc.

proteus

Emag wrote:
Well Alonso helped a lot with that, since he forgot the rules of conduct while racing.

After that, Norris probably cruised to the flag.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

runningmanz
runningmanz

Emag wrote:
By the time Lando cleared Alonso, Leclerc was about 8 seconds up the road. Leclerc looked 2 to 3/10 per lap quicker. Dan looked slightly faster than Norris in the race looking at live timing.

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Enjoyed the new format… Exciting Qualy on Friday… A fun sprint on Saturday and hopefully a good race tomorrow

The Ferrari’s have plenty of pace it seems, even though Leclerc pulled away from Alonso and that created the gap to Lando… He still couldn’t shorten the gap while on free air… They will be hard to beat tomorrow… It seems the Ferrari enjoys the warmer temperatures more than the McLaren… But Charles also managed to be on Bottas tow for the whole Sprint and that probably helped them on the straights.

P5 and P6 for the race tomorrow is pretty good and bodes well for the race.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bauc

Good first sprint race by both NOR & RIC.

LEC will be a challenge tomorrow from the start, and PER will for sure go with long first stint and be super fast at the end. So if we can finish P5 & P6 tomorrow I will be pleased.
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

the EDGE
the EDGE

bauc wrote:
17 Jul 2021, 19:06
Good first sprint race by both NOR & RIC.

LEC will be a challenge tomorrow from the start, and PER will for sure go with long first stint and be super fast at the end. So if we can finish P5 & P6 tomorrow I will be pleased.
I think Alonso will be the one to watch, he can’t be allowed to get in the way again tomorrow or Leclerc will just pull away again why McLaren waste rubber

If they can get away cleanly then with 2 cars in the mix hopefully at the very least McLaren can get 1 of them past Leclerc

FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

I wouldn't really bet Leclerc can have the same pace tomorrow. Both Norris and Ricciardo had to force their way past Alonso, that had to hurt their tyres more than Leclerc's run in clear air.

That being said, it's possible Ferrari have 3rd best car tomorrow, I am just not convinced sprint race proved it.