2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
darkpino
darkpino

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

What the hell was Perez doing?

Ryar

ME4ME wrote:
17 Jul 2021, 18:18
At this point Perez is of no help to Verstappen nor to himself and his own championship aspirations. He's got to do better.
For sure, it's going to be two stopper tomorrow, which offers a lot of opportunities. His car can be rebuilt entirely with all the tire data they have, which isn't the case for anyone else on the grid and that is a big advantage to to make a short work of the bottom half of the field. Like always, if he elongates his first two stints along with a quick chop of the midfield and move within top 10, then a lot is possible. Max has to fight and if he retains P1 after turn 3, then the second Merc would become insignificant in the scheme of things. It would still be a fight between Max and Lewis.
Hakuna Matata!

etusch

darkpino wrote:
17 Jul 2021, 18:58
What the hell was Perez doing?
My opinion is; he was trying to have better exit to overtake driver who front of him. Maybe he open throttle earlier than he used to...
Verstappen had said at france that he is focusing exit at turns. Maybe Redbull car gives better performance with that style. If he is trying to adapt himself it is a good thing. Starting from last or pit lane is not good but who know what will be tomorrow?

wowgr8
wowgr8

ME4ME wrote:
17 Jul 2021, 18:18
At this point Perez is of no help to Verstappen nor to himself and his own championship aspirations. He's got to do better.
He's shafted Max tomorrow I fear. But even if he managed to stay in the top 5 he wouldn't have the pace to worry Lewis across full race distance

darkpino
darkpino

I think the most important thing is that he manages to at least put pressure on Bottas so Lewis and Valtteri can’t team up to put Max under pressure. Right now it’s 2 against 1. At this point I think 2nd place is best possible outcome for Max but we’ll see

Sevach
Sevach

darkpino wrote:
17 Jul 2021, 19:37
I think the most important thing is that he manages to at least put pressure on Bottas so Lewis and Valtteri can’t team up to put Max under pressure. Right now it’s 2 against 1. At this point I think 2nd place is best possible outcome for Max but we’ll see
Max has the pace to win, ultimately that's the most important thing, i'd recommend ignoring Bottas he won't be in the winning strategy, keeping track position to Hamilton is what counts.

TNTHead

Sevach wrote:
17 Jul 2021, 20:17
darkpino wrote:
17 Jul 2021, 19:37
Max has the pace to win, ultimately that's the most important thing, i'd recommend ignoring Bottas he won't be in the winning strategy, keeping track position to Hamilton is what counts.
I think tyre degredation will be a very important or the decisive factor in the race.

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

darkpino
darkpino

I think RBR needs to look in the mirror also. This will be the 3th 2nd driver who won’t succeed if this keeps going on. And Perez is no slouch, he’s experienced and pretty quick also as he shown in the past. It can’t be true that it’s all down to the drivers and RBR has nothing to do with it imo

ME4ME

Well no, I disagree on that.
I think RBR has done all in its power to help Perez get on the pace so far this season. He's got a solid engineering team around him that he seems happy with. The (previous) car's instability has been fixed. The only thing you can realistically point to is Verstappen getting the updates first.

But honestly, I think it ultimately comes down to talent. Perez is out-classed by the drivers he's racing: Verstappen, Hamilton, Norris, Leclerc.

Serveral poor races go by. Pressure builds. Desperate setups and on-track mistakes follow. Confidence collapses.

The same happened to Vandoorne against Alonso at Mclaren.

Bottas should be credited for being pretty tough mentally.

I think Red Bull will have to find a more naturally gifted yet sufficienty experienced driver.

GOAT

ME4ME wrote:
17 Jul 2021, 21:30

I think Red Bull will have to find a more naturally gifted yet sufficienty experienced driver.
True.

A
L
O
N
S
O

Would be great to see.

darkpino
darkpino

ME4ME wrote:
I think RBR has done all in its power to help Perez get on the pace so far this season. He's got a solid engineering team around him that he seems happy with. The (previous) car's instability has been fixed. The only thing you can realistically point to is Verstappen getting the updates first.

But honestly, I think it ultimately comes down to talent. Perez is out-classed by the drivers he's racing: Verstappen, Hamilton, Norris, Leclerc.

Serveral poor races go by. Pressure builds. Desperate setups and on-track mistakes follow. Confidence collapses.

The same happened to Vandoorne against Alonso at Mclaren.

Bottas should be credited for being pretty tough mentally.

But in my opinion that doesn’t righteous the big gap to Max. .3 or maybe even .4 is still understandable but .7?
GOAT wrote:
17 Jul 2021, 21:41
[quote=ME4ME post_id=985699 time=<a href="tel:1626550210">1626550210</a> user_id=28986]

True.

A
L
O
N
S
O

Would be great to see.
[/quote]

Yes to bring a big shitshow in the team regarding mentality imo. He’s indeed a world class driver but also seems like a driver who always brings a lot of trouble with him

basti313
basti313

ME4ME wrote:

Russel at 50% probability already? Or just 40%?
Don`t russel the hamster!

zibby43
zibby43

Max will cruise to victory tomorrow. I think he’ll have a legit chance to sweep the remainder of the season. The car is good and still ripe for development, and the Honda is bulletproof.

Edax
Edax

darkpino wrote:
17 Jul 2021, 21:14
I think RBR needs to look in the mirror also. This will be the 3th 2nd driver who won’t succeed if this keeps going on. And Perez is no slouch, he’s experienced and pretty quick also as he shown in the past. It can’t be true that it’s all down to the drivers and RBR has nothing to do with it imo
Make that the fourth. In the last season Ric was also .2/0.3 seconds per lap slower. His saving grace was that the midfield was farther away, so he still could produce good finishes.

I think the problem is not so much driver quality, but the way the car is built around Verstappen. Schumacher liked his car to be unstable so he could change direction fast. Everyone who has driven next to him complained that the car was all over the place.

Rosberg once gave a quite candid interview on how he had to learn how to drive like Hamilton to be able to perform in the Merc, since the design was so Hamilton centered.

The same might be happening at RB. Verstappen is creating a car that works for him, but is a nightmare for most other drivers.