2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
TNTHead

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Just_a_fan wrote:
18 Jul 2021, 20:01
SmallSoldier wrote:
18 Jul 2021, 19:48
I'm going to bet that Max didn't write that. That's got the team / Horner all over it.
This definitely is his own channel administered by his team (his sister used to manage this).

Looks like a perfectly reasonable point of view from a driver who sees a 26 point evaporation only due to this one event.

Edit: it was 25 points as I see now, because of the fastest lap by Perez after his extra pit stop.
Last edited by TNTHead on 18 Jul 2021, 22:08, edited 1 time in total.

godlameroso

It's a rational comment, this was a dangerous accident. Max doesn't need to sink to that level to win this, he'll just keep racing the only way he knows how. Two weeks to shake this off, Mercedes newfound straight line speed won't make a lick of difference next race.
Saishū kōnā

yener

@Turbof1 im really sorry but this is really dirty. Seeing Hamilton celebraring like this is really disrespectfull and making a lot of people angry. I guess he just showed his real face today. The always "humble" Hamilton, the guh who always has such "respect" for everyone, always so sensitive showed his true face today. How can you celebrate like this when the one who is crashed is still in the hospital? That he was involved makes it even worse!
We just saw his humanity and his real face today.
"Life is about passions - Thank you for sharing mine" MSC

Marti_EF3

Hard to not use harsh words after that. But I won't be surprised if the next on the wall is Hamilton himself. He've lighted the fire, and now he's going to regret it. Ask Prost, he have good experiences lighting up fires :roll:

TNTHead

yener wrote:
18 Jul 2021, 21:58
@Turbof1 im really sorry but this is really dirty. Seeing Hamilton celebraring like this is really disrespectfull and making a lot of people angry. I guess he just showed his real face today. The always "humble" Hamilton, the guh who always has such "respect" for everyone, always so sensitive showed his true face today. How can you celebrate like this when the one who is crashed is still in the hospital? That he was involved makes it even worse!
I agree with this. It was a bit too enthousiastic kind of celebration that took many off, and the comments in several post race interviews were also not overflowing with self reflection.

We now know (again) this is a tough sport, where the stakes are high and advantages can be gotten with pace and driving skill, but also in other ways.

godlameroso

Marti_EF3 wrote:
18 Jul 2021, 22:08
Hard to not use harsh words after that. But I won't be surprised if the next on the wall is Hamilton himself. He've lighted the fire, and now he's going to regret it. Ask Prost, he have good experiences lighting up fires :roll:
No need to sink to their level. We've already seen the lengths Mercedes will go to win(wing gate), this is a hollow victory for them. It will make the finale taste all the sweeter.

"Biting is efficient in close quarters combat, but...don't make a plan of biting, that, is a very good way to lose your teeth." -Bruce Lee.
Saishū kōnā

Marti_EF3

godlameroso wrote:
18 Jul 2021, 22:25
Marti_EF3 wrote:
No need to sink to their level. We've already seen the lengths Mercedes will go to win(wing gate), this is a hollow victory for them. It will make the finale taste all the sweeter.

"Biting is efficient in close quarters combat, but...don't make a plan of biting, that, is a very good way to lose your teeth." -Bruce Lee.
Now they must win it. Forget about 2022 car, Merc needs to be humilliated. It's the most unfair team I've ever seen

Sieper

godlameroso wrote:
18 Jul 2021, 22:25
Marti_EF3 wrote:

Agreed, keep on racing, don’t go to these antics, never. And then, in the end, win it. Clean and fair.

Nathanael F1
Nathanael F1

Any news yet about Max’s car? Gearbox or engine penalties etc? I’m guessing Red Bull will have the upper hand by some margin over Merc at Hungary, but it will be a tough (and unfair) uphill battle if Max has a load of penalties.
Favorite Team: Scuderia Ferrari
Favorite Driver: Nico Hülkenberg

Marti_EF3

Agreed too, but in Hungary things will be pretty hot. And knowing Max... I won't rule out a Senna-Prost season...

Marti_EF3

Nathanael F1 wrote:
18 Jul 2021, 22:37
Any news yet about Max’s car? Gearbox or engine penalties etc? I’m guessing Red Bull will have the upper hand by some margin over Merc at Hungary, but it will be a tough (and unfair) uphill battle if Max has a load of penalties.
He still have one more PU without penalty. But later on the season he will need a new one with penalty. They need to extend the lead again to take the penalty and still lead

turbof1

yener wrote:
18 Jul 2021, 21:58
You don't have to be sorry. Since when is disagreeing an issue :P .

Without taking a stance pro Hamilton or pro Verstappen, is Hamilton celebrating a victory dirty?
Again, I think it was clear for Hamilton that Verstappen was ok. And unless it gets claimed Hamilton punted Verstappen off intentionally, I'd say there is no real reason to question morality of celebrating a victory in this instance.

Verstappen is in the hospital because it is a standard procedure in this instance. Again, Verstappen was quite fine when he got out of the car. Hamilton also asked about Verstappen's condition. Would Verstappen have been moved to the hospital in an uncontious state, I would firmly agree with you. That would be unethical. Instead, Hamilton celebrated knowing Verstappen is doing well.
#AeroFrodo

TNTHead

What definitely would help is that Perez is driving very near Max. For Hungary I would say thats not impossible because the low speed traction advantage of the RB16B. But then Perez needs to up his game, or regain confidence.

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Nathanael F1 wrote:
18 Jul 2021, 22:37
Gearbox won’t be an issue… Since he didn’t finish the race, he can get a new Gearbox without penalties… The engine is a bit more complicated, if they do have to go to a third engine, it most probably imply penalties in the second half of the season… On the other hand, RBR could run it a little bit harder since both engines (3 and potential #4) would run less races than the rest of the field.

Sieper

If Max takes more penalties for this I will be very upset. They have been so cautious with their engine.