2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
wowgr8
wowgr8

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

TNTHead wrote:
18 Jul 2021, 22:45
What definitely would help is that Perez is driving very near Max. For Hungary I would say thats not impossible because the low speed traction advantage of the RB16B. But then Perez needs to up his game, or regain confidence.
I think Perez is under very serious pressure to perform now. Not only have his performances steadily gotten worse since France but Red Bull have no cushion in the championships anymore. They need 1-2s in qualifying and in the races, for strategy and for the championships, but he never has the pace and I don't see that improving this year in all honesty

A good number 2 would've been up there to take points away from Hamilton/Mercedes and limit the damage, I sure hope Red Bull are looking around because he doesn't look like the right choice for 2022

wowgr8
wowgr8

If he's half a second slower than Verstappen in Hungary I think Marko should try the Gasly swap again from Spa, even if it's only for a handful of races, just to see whether Gasly deserves another shot or whether they have to look outside the stable again for 2022

Marti_EF3

Maybe Gasly now with more experience and a better car will do better. But jumping to a different car mid season is not easy at all

McMika98
McMika98

Marti_EF3 wrote:
18 Jul 2021, 23:07
Maybe Gasly now with more experience and a better car will do better. But jumping to a different car mid season is not easy at all
No chance, Gasly is doing well on a much better car, engine against one of the weakest rookie. Gasly will be given Maxs setup, second rate slot in quali and worse strategy in race.
The Ferrari pace here is a bad omen for Checo in Hungary which is not a power track, Max if healthy should be 0.5s clear of field with this years car. Alpha Tauri normally go well there as well.

wowgr8
wowgr8

Marti_EF3 wrote:
Gasly will have the benefit of having driven the Red Bull before though so he won't be going in completely blind. And all that matters is that he shows steady progression race by race, he doesn't have to be on Max's pace but if he can get within less than 3 tenths with time that would be superb, considering DR was around 2 tenths slower than Max

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Max’s car after the crash… Let’s hope the engine is ok:

The crash will also be costly in terms of development and parts replacement given the budget cap (which RBR probably runs close to the limit)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Big Tea

wowgr8 wrote:
18 Jul 2021, 23:17
Marti_EF3 wrote:
Gasly will have the benefit of having driven the Red Bull before though so he won't be going in completely blind. And all that matters is that he shows steady progression race by race, he doesn't have to be on Max's pace but if he can get within less than 3 tenths with time that would be superb, considering DR was around 2 tenths slower than Max
Red Bull also own STR/AT. They need to do the best for both teams and keeping Gasly where he is really boosts AT, which helps RBR.

Even just from the point of Honda. Would they have been so cooperative if AT had been a tail end runner, which they were for a while. Having 2 teams with Honda engines must have been a big grin for Honda and eased the way for the deal.

Other than that, would Gasly want to go back to play second fiddle and gofor in the 'other car' or would he look elsewhere and be lost anyway?
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

godlameroso

Perez gets too greedy, he's a good driver but he's not analytical when it comes to things around him. He just goes for it, he showed that when trying to get around Stroll. It took him too many laps to set up the pass because he got impatient. Perez needs to have a good weekend from the off, the car is fast and he's good in the race, but he can't make use of the pace if he's stuck behind cars.

The 3/4 teams are too close now so he has to be at least a consistent 4th if he's going to be in the fight.
Saishū kōnā

yener

turbof1 wrote:
18 Jul 2021, 22:43
yener wrote:
18 Jul 2021, 21:58
@Turbof1 im really sorry but this is really dirty. Seeing Hamilton celebraring like this is really disrespectfull and making a lot of people angry. I guess he just showed his real face today. The always "humble" Hamilton, the guh who always has such "respect" for everyone, always so sensitive showed his true face today. How can you celebrate like this when the one who is crashed is still in the hospital? That he was involved makes it even worse!
We just saw his humanity and his real face today.
You don't have to be sorry. Since when is disagreeing an issue :P .

Without taking a stance pro Hamilton or pro Verstappen, is Hamilton celebrating a victory dirty?
Again, I think it was clear for Hamilton that Verstappen was ok. And unless it gets claimed Hamilton punted Verstappen off intentionally, I'd say there is no real reason to question morality of celebrating a victory in this instance.

Verstappen is in the hospital because it is a standard procedure in this instance. Again, Verstappen was quite fine when he got out of the car. Hamilton also asked about Verstappen's condition. Would Verstappen have been moved to the hospital in an uncontious state, I would firmly agree with you. That would be unethical. Instead, Hamilton celebrated knowing Verstappen is doing well.
Honestly im not pro Max or pro Lewis. But i cant stand the "made morality" morality of Lewis. With kneeling for BLM, concerning about Global warning, talking about senna's and Bianchi's crash and even Romain Grosjeans accident he was mad about F1 tv repeatedly showed the burning car and accident. How does causing an afwull collision and then celebrate in this way fits in his morality?

IMHO he is just fake. He is a real FAST and driver and thats all. Its really disgusting to see him celebrating like that.

10 seconds penalty is a joke. Michael Massi is also a joke.
"Life is about passions - Thank you for sharing mine" MSC

yener

SmallSoldier wrote:
18 Jul 2021, 23:28
Max’s car after the crash… Let’s hope the engine is ok:

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202107 ... 97a747.jpg

The crash will also be costly in terms of development and parts replacement given the budget cap (which RBR probably runs close to the limit)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Both engine and gearbox are game over
"Life is about passions - Thank you for sharing mine" MSC

ispano6

turbof1 wrote:
yener wrote:
@Turbof1 im really sorry but this is really dirty. Seeing Hamilton celebraring like this is really disrespectfull and making a lot of people angry. I guess he just showed his real face today. The always "humble" Hamilton, the guh who always has such "respect" for everyone, always so sensitive showed his true face today. How can you celebrate like this when the one who is crashed is still in the hospital? That he was involved makes it even worse!

Without taking a stance pro Hamilton or pro Verstappen, is Hamilton celebrating a victory dirty?
Again, I think it was clear for Hamilton that Verstappen was ok. And unless it gets claimed Hamilton punted Verstappen off intentionally, I'd say there is no real reason to question morality of celebrating a victory in this instance.

Verstappen is in the hospital because it is a standard procedure in this instance. Again, Verstappen was quite fine when he got out of the car. Hamilton also asked about Verstappen's condition. Would Verstappen have been moved to the hospital in an uncontious state, I would firmly agree with you. That would be unethical. Instead, Hamilton celebrated knowing Verstappen is doing well.
I would have to respectfully disagree. You're not qualified to know if Max was quite fine when he got out of the car. Hamilton admitted he did not know Max was sent to the hospital. Hamilton is showing his true colors now, not even thinking he needs to apologize. I guess he is taking Kanye West's advice.

adrianjordan

yener wrote:
18 Jul 2021, 23:36
turbof1 wrote:
yener wrote:

Honestly im not pro Max or pro Lewis. But i cant stand the "made morality" morality of Lewis. With kneeling for BLM, concerning about Global warning, talking about senna's and Bianchi's crash and even Romain Grosjeans accident he was mad about F1 tv repeatedly showed the burning car and accident. How does causing an afwull collision and then celebrate in this way fits in his morality?

IMHO he is just fake. He is a real FAST and driver and thats all. Its really disgusting to see him celebrating like that.

10 seconds penalty is a joke. Michael Massi is also a joke.
You know Massi doesn't hand out penalties, the Stewards do, don't you? Massi can refer an incident to the Stewards, but that's where his involvement in that process ends.

You think Max wouldn't have celebrated had Lewis crashed instead of him?

Stop overpaying the precautionary visit to hospital. That is quite standard in the UK for high speed crashes where there is possibility of concussion. They can't have been that worried or he'd have been air lifted to the Major Trauma Centre at nearby Northampton.

BTW before you call me a Lewis fan boy, I'm not. I was hoping for a more severe penalty for him so that Norris could be in with a chance of a home victory lol
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

zibby43
zibby43

Glad to see that modern F1 safety has reached a point to where Max could walk away from a shunt like that.

Just saw Fernando Alonso weigh in on the incident:

“It is difficult from the outside. It looked quite close, Lewis had more than half a car alongside Max.”

“So, in a way, Lewis could not disappear from the inside line, it’s not that you can vanish.”

“It was an unfortunate moment of the race, but nothing intentional or nothing that any of the two drivers did wrong in my opinion.”

“That was an unlucky moment.”

Also, for those following Sergio’s race closely, he was moving rapidly through the field early on and then things went sideways. I saw the contact with Kimi, but was there anything else that arrested his progress?

I was thinking he was going to slice up into the top 10 with the benefit of that pit lane start and his tire whispering.

Ryar

ispano6 wrote:
18 Jul 2021, 23:46
turbof1 wrote:
yener wrote:
@Turbof1 im really sorry but this is really dirty. Seeing Hamilton celeu7braring like this is really disrespectfull and making a lot of people angry. I guess he just showed his real face today. The always "humble" Hamilton, the guh who always has such "respect" for everyone, always so sensitive showed his true face today. How can you celebrate like this when the one who is crashed is still in the hospital? That he was involved makes it even worse!

I would have to respectfully disagree. You're not qualified to know if Max was quite fine when he got out of the car. Hamilton admitted he did not know Max was sent to the hospital. Hamilton is showing his true colors now, not even thinking he needs to apologize. I guess he is taking Kanye West's advice.
This is what he had said when he crashed in Spa and crowd celebrated. Surely, he should have remembered it when he went on with celebration. Just like him, crowd in spa saw he was ok and celebrated his crash. That's just hypocrisy on his part. Why preach when you can't practice. That's why I wrote what I wrote.

https://www.racefans.net/2019/09/02/ham ... -comments/
Hamilton: Crowd reaction to practice crash prompted safety comments

Lewis Hamilton says the “cheering” after his crash in final practice at Spa led him to warn some fans do not appreciate the dangers of racing.

The Mercedes driver wrote a post on social media on Saturday evening following death of Anthoine Hubert in a Formula 2 crash saying: “All these drivers put their life on the line when they hit the track and people need to appreciate that in a serious way because it is not appreciated enough. Not from the fans nor some of the people actually working in the sport.”
Hakuna Matata!

dans79

ispano6 wrote:
18 Jul 2021, 23:46
turbof1 wrote:
yener wrote:

Nor are you qualified to know that he wasn't!
201 105 104 9 9 7