2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
HPD

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

dans79

They hadn't reached the apex yet. Also what rule is that supposed to be illustrating? I don't know of an rule that's worded like that!
201 105 104 9 9 7

Goldwing
Goldwing

Lewis needs the whole track as "enough space". All drivers must give this respect to the "Sir". Joke.

ispano6

Chassis is probably a total loss but PU and some components might not be. Seriously, the allocation and cost should be waived in circumstances like this and also for crashes due to Pirelli's tire failures. Red Bull Honda will work extra hard and extra efficiently.

Honda F1 technical director Toyoharu Tanabe said he had feared the worst for the power unit when images of Verstappen's wrecked car were shown.

However, he says the initial post-race analysis has offered some optimism about the situation – although a full inspection will be needed in Japan to be totally sure.

"When I first saw the images of the car being lifted, I thought there was a lot of damage," said Tanabe.

"But in reality it seems that the damage is less than what we first saw. However, the actual damage cannot be known from its appearance when it is installed in the car.

"So we would like to send it back to HRD in Sakura and check it before making a decision."

Asked what the consequences were on an engine from a 51G impact, Tanabe said: "I honestly don't know because the damage varies depending on the location."

Tvetovnato
Tvetovnato

Kingshark wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 17:56
Now I’m hearing that Hamilton’s stupidity and amateur driving will probably result in an engine penalty for Max.

Amazing, you couldn’t make this up.

Max has been schooling Lewis on track all season, but through shear dumb luck, Lewis is back in the drivers seat for the WDC.
Hard to take a post like this seriously. The ONLY reason a similar incident has not occured earlier, even in this very race in the corners before the incident at Copse (but also in Barcelona), is because Hamilton has given Verstappen more space than he is entitled to. That is the ONLY reason. Spa 2016 could have been even worse for Kimi at the end of the Kemmel straight, with even higher speed than this, because of Verstappens dangerous driving, but luckily he had the reflexes to avoid it last second. You would have thought Verstappen would have learned something now that he is fighting for the title, but obviously not. Calling Hamilton an amateur driver is simply plainly wrong, and anyone with a sense of racing etiquette knows that. A two time world champion just called it a racing incident, which weighs far more than some garbage than any fanboy on any forum has to say about it all.

RZS10

dans79 wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 18:06
They hadn't reached the apex yet. Also what rule is that supposed to be illustrating? I don't know of an rule that's worded like that!
Shouldn't that be in the race thread in the first place?

Anyways ... It's from a 2014 blog post. In that particular image the attacking car was never fully alongside the other car so it's not even applicable in this case.

edit1: This is supposedly the actual F1 guideline for drivers and stewards sent to Masi by Wolff, recreated/translated to german, i haven't seen the original/english version anywhere yet:
The relevant part for an overtake on the inside says:
Where do i overtake? Inside. Am i significantly alongside?
Left image: The corner is yours if you get through it cleanly.
Right image:Yield (get off throttle) or it will be your fault should there be a collision.

edit2: Judging a highly dynamic situation by single screenshots never tells the full story, so it's useless to try to make a point using it. Does anyone know where i could find the overtake vs Leclerc from the external camera?
Last edited by RZS10 on 19 Jul 2021, 18:37, edited 2 times in total.

Kingshark
Kingshark

[...]

Excluding Baku and Silverstone, Verstappen has been averaging 23 points per race this season. That’s a phenomenal return in the equal-best car.

All Verstappen needs to do is keep doing what he’s doing and the title will come to him. My biggest concern remains unreliability. Verstappen has Hamilton covered driving wise.

Sieper

Hamilton can do this same thing in more races. He has already started building up more credits with the max “must show respect” rhetoric. This is now where we are talking about, what Max must do to facilitate Lewis. After he has just been put into the wall nicely.

max_speed
max_speed

I am more frustrated with perez .if he qualify close to lewis then he can teach lewis same trick he has been doing to others for long and getting away with. I do not mind perez taking lewis out just to teach him respect he has been asking for.
I just hope redbull wipe out that bloody smile from toto's face post silverstone win but situation has changed now and max and redbull are on backfoot.

Marti_EF3

Sieper wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 18:46
Hamilton can do this same thing in more races. He has already started building up more credits with the max “must show respect” rhetoric. This is now where we are talking about, what Max must do to facilitate Lewis. After he has just been put into the wall nicely.
If that is his strategy, then Max should do a Sennesque move, to made clear the respect earned with that dirty driving showed yesterday. Tooth for tooth, eye for eye :wink:

Sieper

If Max does the same it will be very harshly punished. This is just the disadvantage he is at. Lewis is great with PR. Max is the challenger.

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Sieper wrote:
diffuser wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 17:19
Sieper wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 15:45
Max has twice done it in his whole career. Lewis twice to Albon alone, forget even about Max. With Vettel he was making a dumb mistake there in China (by the way, I hated that Hamilton did “not show respect” to Max in that very race and had a small twitch causing Max to leave the track as to not collide with Ham when Max tried to overtake him on the outside with his brand new tires after Mercedes did not do the pit under VSC. And in Hungary on Ric. In Hungary ric waved the finger, while Max was totally locked up, a clear mistake. Lewis was not locked up yesterday. Max did not wave him the finger even after being dumped in to the wall with 51g. Only after Lewis did nothing to acknowledge his own role (he actively shifted the blame rather) and didn’t care for Max at all he gave a reply.

To me Max is much more mature than Lewis. I found it mean how Lewis played it.
None of that really matters. It shouldn't. Every case should be treated individually. You could add that big collision Hamilton and Roseberg had ...was it Spain? or even In Canada when Hamilton made front wheel contact with Roseberg in the first corner knocking Rosberg off the track on to the run off, you should NOT get gain cause you made a mistake and went to deep into a corner.

What is kind of odd is that with the lead RBR and Max had, Hamilton would have had to Finish first in every race between Silverstone and the end of year to even come close to closing the Gap. Probably would have needed a DNF from Max....

Now Max is up only 8 points with the prospect of the Silverstone PU being toast? There are alot of races left.
The DNF he now has. Like Toto also mentioned a few times. We need a DNF. I don't think it was needed. 33/7 = not even 5 races (and no fastest laps for Max in those). Lewis took a small risk of it ending wrongly for a huge gain. If engine is toast then the last 8 points are also off the table. It really stinks.
The RBR in Max’s hands is strong enough than even with penalties, in the right track (Spa, Monza, Mexico for example)… He could take all the penalties, start from P20 and most probably finish “at least” P3 in that race.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

aMessageToCharlie
aMessageToCharlie

SmallSoldier wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 18:58
Sieper wrote:
diffuser wrote:

None of that really matters. It shouldn't. Every case should be treated individually. You could add that big collision Hamilton and Roseberg had ...was it Spain? or even In Canada when Hamilton made front wheel contact with Roseberg in the first corner knocking Rosberg off the track on to the run off, you should NOT get gain cause you made a mistake and went to deep into a corner.

What is kind of odd is that with the lead RBR and Max had, Hamilton would have had to Finish first in every race between Silverstone and the end of year to even come close to closing the Gap. Probably would have needed a DNF from Max....

Now Max is up only 8 points with the prospect of the Silverstone PU being toast? There are alot of races left.
The DNF he now has. Like Toto also mentioned a few times. We need a DNF. I don't think it was needed. 33/7 = not even 5 races (and no fastest laps for Max in those). Lewis took a small risk of it ending wrongly for a huge gain. If engine is toast then the last 8 points are also off the table. It really stinks.
The RBR in Max’s hands is strong enough than even with penalties, in the right track (Spa, Monza, Mexico for example)… He could take all the penalties, start from P20 and most probably finish “at least” P3 in that race.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Too bad Perrez cant do the same.

etusch

It would be fair to give Verstappen a brand new pu by deal of -3 race usage (how many races his 2nd pu used )

diffuser

Sieper wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 17:31
diffuser wrote:
Sieper wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 15:45
Max has twice done it in his whole career. Lewis twice to Albon alone, forget even about Max. With Vettel he was making a dumb mistake there in China (by the way, I hated that Hamilton did “not show respect” to Max in that very race and had a small twitch causing Max to leave the track as to not collide with Ham when Max tried to overtake him on the outside with his brand new tires after Mercedes did not do the pit under VSC. And in Hungary on Ric. In Hungary ric waved the finger, while Max was totally locked up, a clear mistake. Lewis was not locked up yesterday. Max did not wave him the finger even after being dumped in to the wall with 51g. Only after Lewis did nothing to acknowledge his own role (he actively shifted the blame rather) and didn’t care for Max at all he gave a reply.

To me Max is much more mature than Lewis. I found it mean how Lewis played it.

My point was... Hamilton, from a points perspective, was justified to take the risk he needed the points. From a Max points perspective, Max should have given up the corner to Hamilton. He could have tried to take Hamilton somewhere else OR just finish 2nd. To win a championship in F1 when you're ahead, especially by a large margin, Rule #1 is always bring home the points.