2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
dtro
dtro

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

diffuser wrote:
04 Aug 2021, 23:39
dtro wrote:
04 Aug 2021, 21:01
Too early to lose hope. RB ended up picking up a lot of steam in the second half of last season. They won the last race, and this year they ended the stranglehold Merc had on a lot of tracks. Of course things could have been different at this point and Max would still be in the lead/RB might still lead the ship. The break is well deserved by all the teams and hopefully we can recharge and bring the fight to the Mercs. Lots of question marks ahead, but one thing is certain, it's not a done deal as of yet. It's been so long since anyone has been within striking distance of Hamilton and I see a lot of doom and gloom. Could see them taking the engine penalties at strategic venues like Monza where recovery drives aren't as unlikely as tracks with less overtaking opportunities.
It's just getting started.
Hell yeah!

NL_Fer
NL_Fer

So the Italian GP is the second race with a sprint qualifying. How are powerunit penalties applied? If it is applied on the sprint starting grid, both drives could take them, overtake the others during sprint qualifying and have a race start from a better position.

Jolle
Jolle

NL_Fer wrote:
07 Aug 2021, 10:49
So the Italian GP is the second race with a sprint qualifying. How are powerunit penalties applied? If it is applied on the sprint starting grid, both drives could take them, overtake the others during sprint qualifying and have a race start from a better position.
The sprint is part of qualifying, so after the sprint and before the race.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

NL_Fer wrote:
07 Aug 2021, 10:49
Grid penalties apply to the race starting positions. The sprint isn't the race, it's the second part of qualifying. It's "sprint qualifying" not "sprint race".

If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

godlameroso

Wouter wrote:
06 Aug 2021, 18:07
On this episode of Talking Bull we sit down with F1 maestro Adrian Newey to talk title charges, 2022 regs
and his unwavering passion for engineering and design.
Plus Max and Checo answer your questions as we sign off for the summer break.
https://www.redbull.com/int-en/redbullr ... experience
Mr.Newey is certainly an inspiration, dedication and honest intent are worth a lot in life. Even if you don't have the fanciest or newest tools at your disposal, you can still be very effective with an open mind. It's about improvising, adapting, and overcoming. =D> I look up to people like that, he's all about making whatever go faster, that's the mission.
Saishū kōnā

Sieper

Passion is what counts, try to find it and keep it alive. Newey clearly has it for racecar design. His valkyrie is a thing of beauty, although I don’t (100%) like what Aston has done to it the design is just breathtaking.

LM10
LM10

Off-topic, but as I don’t know if I’m allowed to start a thread for this, I’m asking here, if someone might be interested in two Gold 1 weekend tickets for Spa (start-finish-line). If yes, PM me.

langedweil

Kingshark wrote:
05 Aug 2021, 09:25
Hamilton’s mistake in Baku truly is a giant blessing.
But the blown tire lied in a flawed tire-construction, so those points without the brake-issue would not be earned but inherited.
The latter was just Karma roaring it's ugly head .. nothing should be for free this year.
HuggaWugga !

flmkane
flmkane

godlameroso wrote:
07 Aug 2021, 15:49
Wouter wrote:
06 Aug 2021, 18:07
On this episode of Talking Bull we sit down with F1 maestro Adrian Newey to talk title charges, 2022 regs
and his unwavering passion for engineering and design.
Plus Max and Checo answer your questions as we sign off for the summer break.
https://www.redbull.com/int-en/redbullr ... experience
Mr.Newey is certainly an inspiration, dedication and honest intent are worth a lot in life. Even if you don't have the fanciest or newest tools at your disposal, you can still be very effective with an open mind. It's about improvising, adapting, and overcoming. =D> I look up to people like that, he's all about making whatever go faster, that's the mission.
That's true. Someone said Newey has such talent that it's like he can see the air.

I've heard the exact same quote about Kelly Johnson of Lockheed.

godlameroso

The whole engine situation, and the fight with Mercedes is starting to resemble a heated chess game, not just on track but off track behind the scenes as well. I can't imagine what both camps are going through, plotting all their moves assessing the give and take aspect of everything.

This season's drama I feel is just getting started, I honestly can't believe what I'm watching, like a cot dang soap opera.
Saishū kōnā

Wouter

A nice long interview with Max on The Race this morning.

'The aggressive approach is out' Max Verstappen interview

By Scott Mitchell

Max Verstappen is a tough racing driver. But he insists he is not aggressive. There's something about that term he doesn't like.

"I feel like I just race hard," Verstappen tells The Race in an exclusive interview.

"I don't feel like I race aggressive. Of course, I will make it difficult if people will try to pass me. I will always try to make it difficult for them, to put them in difficult positions.

Max Verstappen Red Bull Lewis Hamilton Mercedes Imola 2021

"But I think my awareness of where I can position my car is really good and I haven't been involved in having another car off the track. I have zero penalty points. I think that says quite a lot.

"I have been racing hard my whole career. And the last few years, the aggressive approach is out. I'm just making it more difficult for people.

"Of course, some people might think a bit different about that, but I actually think that the racing side is a really strong point of mine and I also really know how to stay out of trouble.

"But that is not always in your hands if other people drive into you."

[ ..... ]
https://the-race.com/formula-1/the-aggressive-approach-is-ou t-max-verstappen-interview/
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

No pictures or photo's from Perez, but Max just posted this from St Barth.

The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

When Max had landed for the Silverstone GP at Cranfield Airport, near Milton Keynes, where he had an appointment
with the Channel 4 crew for an in-depth F1 interview (which has already been posted here),
a taxi was waiting for him to take him there.
Short images were released shortly after the Silverstone GP of Steve Jones, disguised as a taxi driver, and the crew fooling Max. Steve Jones was great with his accent! :lol:
Here's the full version, including Steve Jones disguising/face painting and mounting the cameras in the taxi and the unveiling. Enjoy!

The Power of Dreams!

bonjon1979
bonjon1979

He comes across really well in that

Big Tea

bonjon1979 wrote:
16 Aug 2021, 13:57
He comes across really well in that
His Dad would have kicked the driver before they arrived at the destination. :mrgreen:
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.