2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Wouter

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Big Tea wrote:
16 Aug 2021, 15:38
bonjon1979 wrote:
16 Aug 2021, 13:57
He comes across really well in that
His Dad would have kicked the driver before they arrived at the destination. :mrgreen:
Hahaha, how funny! #-o
His father would kindly ask him to sh*t up after a while.
He does the same with annoying journalists.
The Power of Dreams!

DChemTech
DChemTech

Wouter wrote:
16 Aug 2021, 16:11
Big Tea wrote:
bonjon1979 wrote:
16 Aug 2021, 13:57
He comes across really well in that
His Dad would have kicked the driver before they arrived at the destination. :mrgreen:
Hahaha, how funny! #-o
C'mon, unlike Jos Verstappen, a bit of banter doesn't harm anyone ;)
We should not be taking everything too serious.

Wouter

DChemTech wrote:
16 Aug 2021, 17:25
Wouter wrote:
Big Tea wrote:
Hahaha, how funny! #-o
You can of course think that, but it's starting to get annoying that Max is repeatedly compared to the behavior his father showed in the past. His father has also become a bit calmer in the meantime.
A few weeks ago a number of posts were removed here with articles about Jos' past. This is about RBR and Max and Sergio, not their fathers.
The Power of Dreams!

DChemTech
DChemTech

Wouter wrote:
16 Aug 2021, 18:09
DChemTech wrote:
16 Aug 2021, 17:25
Wouter wrote:

Hahaha, how funny! #-o
You can of course think that, but it's starting to get annoying that Max is repeatedly compared to the behavior his father showed in the past. His father has also become a bit calmer in the meantime.
A few weeks ago a number of posts were removed here with articles about Jos' past. This is about RBR and Max and Sergio, not their fathers.
Sure, but those posts weren't obvious jokes like Big Tea's comment. They were serious comments on how past behaviours of Jos were somehow 'proof' that Max was to blame for certain situations, which makes absolutely no sense for an argument, and those posts were rightfully deleted. And yes, this thread is about RBR - but that doesn't mean every contribution needs to be 100% serious, right? There should be some room in forum interactions for a bit of joking around, as long as it's clear they are jokes.

Wouter

DChemTech wrote:
16 Aug 2021, 18:15
Wouter wrote:
16 Aug 2021, 18:09
Sure, but those posts weren't obvious jokes like Big Tea's comment. They were serious comments on how past behaviours of Jos were somehow 'proof' that Max was to blame for certain situations, which makes absolutely no sense for an argument, and those posts were rightfully deleted. And yes, this thread is about RBR - but that doesn't mean every contribution needs to be 100% serious, right? There should be some room in forum interactions for a bit of joking around, as long as it's clear they are jokes.
I totally agree with that.
The Power of Dreams!

Sieper

There are certain jokes I will never make about Lewis or his lineage. However funny some people might think they are.

And what is a fun joke? For me all is on the table, there is only one legit question. Is the joker making that joke honoustly, or with an intent to hurt. Second part is not fun and shouldn’t be done.

Jolle
Jolle

Sieper wrote:
17 Aug 2021, 14:05
There are certain jokes I will never make about Lewis or his lineage. However funny some people might think they are.

And what is a fun joke? For me all is on the table, there is only one legit question. Is the joker making that joke honoustly, or with an intent to hurt. Second part is not fun and shouldn’t be done.
There is a difference in jokes that makes fun of someone’s behaviour or joking of someone’s heritage or disabilities.

Sieper

You can make fun of my disabilities (of which there are a lot) there is just one reason (for me) not to do it, and that is when you legitimately are trying to hurt me, not making a joke on which we both can laugh. So it is a question of intent to me. But it is s thin line, and like with so many things in real life, proving intent is impossible. So best stay away from certain actions and comments if you are, or aim to be, an honorable person.

Wouter

Sieper wrote:
17 Aug 2021, 15:14
You can make fun of my disabilities (of which there are a lot) there is just one reason (for me) not to do it, and that is when you legitimately are trying to hurt me, not making a joke on which we both can laugh. So it is a question of intent to me. But it is s thin line, and like with so many things in real life, proving intent is impossible. So best stay away from certain actions and comments if you are, or aim to be, an honorable person.
It is striking that it is never the RBR/Honda supporters who make "jokes" about Jos in this topic.
They only post about RBRH and their drivers.
The Power of Dreams!

ringo

Do redbull have a schedule for their next updates? or will they just focus on impriving setup and wing selection for the rest of the season?
For Sure!!

Wouter

ringo wrote:
19 Aug 2021, 04:12
Suzuka is out.. high potential redbull winning track.
Things are falling into place nicely. Mercedes need to focus on using Valteri to spoil Max's races.
ringo wrote:
19 Aug 2021, 04:14
Do redbull have a schedule for their next updates? or will they just focus on impriving setup and wing selection for the rest of the season?
They will be smart enough at RBR to come up with upgrades every time, now that Toto has said Bottas has agreed to help Lewis to the title, now that he no longer has a chance at the title himself.
The Power of Dreams!

etusch

Wouter wrote:
19 Aug 2021, 08:43

They will be smart enough at RBR to come up with upgrades every time, now that Toto has said Bottas has agreed to help Lewis to the title, now that he no longer has a chance at the title himself.
When bottus agreed to help Lewis ? Before Hungary or after Hungary ? :lol:

Wouter

etusch wrote:
19 Aug 2021, 08:44
Wouter wrote:
19 Aug 2021, 08:43
When bottus agreed to help Lewis ? Before Hungary or after Hungary ? :lol:
Bottas is a very bad driver in the rain, that is well known.
The Power of Dreams!

godlameroso

Back to the team, I think ridiculous questions deserve ridiculous answers. This is an alpha move because 1 it shows you're listening, 2 it shows you have creativity, and 3 you're taking the lead. Make the interviewer appear as you want, not the other way around. You make the whole premise seem ridiculous, you balance it out with a bit of self deprecation by playing dumb, everyone has a good laugh.

It's like your ability as a race car driver is also reflected in how you deal with the media, after all, a good race car driver has a good feel for the limits.
Saishū kōnā

langedweil

You talk in riddles my friend ..
WaddayatalkingaboutWillis ?
HuggaWugga !