2021 AMG Mercedes F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
HungarianRacer
HungarianRacer

Re: 2021 AMG Mercedes F1 Team

jjn9128 wrote:
02 Sep 2021, 15:25
Is this legit?
Looks to me like the official twitter account... Damn, I didn't expect that.

Jolle
Jolle

jjn9128 wrote:
Is this legit?
It was, in 2020 (it’s a tweet from last year)

El Scorchio

HungarianRacer wrote:
02 Sep 2021, 15:29
jjn9128 wrote:
Is this legit?
Looks to me like the official twitter account... Damn, I didn't expect that.
It's from last year- look at the date.

HungarianRacer
HungarianRacer

Jolle wrote:
02 Sep 2021, 15:30
jjn9128 wrote:
Is this legit?
Sike, you are right #-o :lol: ... It isn't April Fools' yet, so I wonder if jjn9128 is as confused as I was just a second ago...

Mr.S
Mr.S

NathanOlder wrote:
02 Sep 2021, 09:58
Mr.S wrote:
02 Sep 2021, 05:42

Which still doesn't take away from the fact that LH had more than 2s speed in the dry vs Russel. He had much much inherent downforce in the car vs Russel. He had much better traction out of the corners.It was a superior car which was also quicker on the straight where he made tenths & his less wing was largely mitigated by having a much better car. It is not easy driving a crappy Williams in the rain even with more downforce !

So what your saying is Max and Lewis need to be sacked ? as they both have cars 2 seconds a lap quicker yet were all seperated by 3 tenths.

You really don't seem to grasp what the extra wing can do for a car in the wet.

My boy George is going to take the baton from Lewis and continue to run Mercedes dominance and continue to add to the British records. It's all good from where I am. =D>
Verstappen is the highest rated driver so far by everyone & has been superb unlike Lewis who has made many mistakes. And he was on pole, could have been a couple of tenths quicker even with less downforce than Russel but he didn't risk it.

I didn't call for anyone to be sacked unlike your ridiculous notion but if there was 1 guy based on this lap it probably wouldn't be Max. I think Lewis has some more races to win but not championships.

Mr.S
Mr.S

ringo wrote:
02 Sep 2021, 15:05
Mr.S wrote:
02 Sep 2021, 05:33
ringo wrote:
01 Sep 2021, 19:08
Rosberg got beaten soundly for 3 years before AMG tried their best to let him have 1 championship. Let's not get into that story again. But Lewis knew who was better and so did Rosberg and it wasnt an issue. At most Lewis was annoyed about his reliability and the driver coachin that Nico recieved.
George will just be a new teammate and Lewid will get on at doing his work.
In fact George will be easier to beat for the first 2 years because of his youth and lack of experience. He will want to learn more from Lewis than start a war.
Also i dont think any driver on the grid has Hamilton's race pace or clean overtaking abilities. George would be trying to beat Lewis while also learning from him. Lewis will return to hiding his tricks; which he has tried to do with Nico and Bottas.
By this logic, Hamilton should'd have won in 2014 & 2015 as Rosberg had more reliability issues than him. And even the 2016 Championship win should have been a much bigger loss considering Hamilton took out Rosberg when he was leading. Russel is 3 years in the sport,much more experienced than Hamilton who bottled the 2007 championship & almost the 2008 (till Glock spun). And we have seen the top class, best of the best like Alonso, fumble when a new star rises. It has happened time & again.

Anyways Hamilton had lost to Button on points over 3 years, barely squeezed past in 2012, got destroyed in 2011, tied with Alonso in 2007 & got beaten by Rosberg in 2016. I don't remember a Senna, Alonso or Schumacher level guy in their prime (not comeback in 40s) being beaten or drawing so many times with their team-mate.

With radical news rules in 2022, the cars will be more different that it has been in decades. The Pirelli tyres will also be different. Hamilton has absolutely no advantage except familiarity with Mercedes team. People are under-estimating the extent of 2022 rule changes - The way the car produces downforce & the way the tyres mesh with it will not be the same as 2021. Russel if he falls behind Hamilton will play a deligent No. 2 for 2022 (we have seen that he is a team-player). But will Hamilton play Russel's No.2 if he falls behind ?
Why are people so desperate to discredit Hamilton?
I do not have the energy to waste time responding really. Because nothing you said is facts.

Combining F1 seasons is nonsense.

I will just respectfully say Okay then and let you see what you want to see.

In fact... You wont be the first or the last waiting on Hamilton's demise. I have seen it too many times on this forum over the years. So now you are saying he will not excel because of the 2022 regs? Okay, not the first time i have heard that. See 2009, 2014, etc etc. Keep hoping and wishing!

Worst driver ever, but somehow is lucky to break almost every F1 record and beat the best of the best; and will likely win 2021 championship in not the best car.

Enjoy the season Mr.S!! :)
He has the best car consistently for the season except perhaps Austria Double Header & Baku-Monaco. In all the other races, atleast on race pace he had a quicker car or at par with RB (You can argue RB doing better in qualifying because Mercedes couldn't heat their tyres on a lap & sometimes needed 2). And him & Bottas had punted Vertsappen out twice & he is barely ahead. Otherwise he would have been 50 points behind. Vertsappen has his number & he knows it.

I didn't call him worst driver. I said he isn't anywhere near Senna, Prost & Schumacher level. But I will rate him with Alonso & ahead of Rosberg, Button, Vettel, Raikkonen & Mika. He is definitely the most lucky or one of the most lucky in the last 10 years atleast !

jjn9128

Jolle wrote:
02 Sep 2021, 15:30
jjn9128 wrote:
Is this legit?
Gosh darnit.
#aerogandalf
"There is one big friend. It is downforce. And once you have this it’s a big mate and it’s helping a lot." Robert Kubica

NathanOlder

jjn9128 wrote:
Is this legit?
God damn it that scared the --- outta me! Dont do that!!
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

kenshi_blind

Mr.S wrote:
02 Sep 2021, 16:09
ringo wrote:
02 Sep 2021, 15:05
Mr.S wrote:
02 Sep 2021, 05:33

By this logic, Hamilton should'd have won in 2014 & 2015 as Rosberg had more reliability issues than him. And even the 2016 Championship win should have been a much bigger loss considering Hamilton took out Rosberg when he was leading. Russel is 3 years in the sport,much more experienced than Hamilton who bottled the 2007 championship & almost the 2008 (till Glock spun). And we have seen the top class, best of the best like Alonso, fumble when a new star rises. It has happened time & again.

Anyways Hamilton had lost to Button on points over 3 years, barely squeezed past in 2012, got destroyed in 2011, tied with Alonso in 2007 & got beaten by Rosberg in 2016. I don't remember a Senna, Alonso or Schumacher level guy in their prime (not comeback in 40s) being beaten or drawing so many times with their team-mate.

With radical news rules in 2022, the cars will be more different that it has been in decades. The Pirelli tyres will also be different. Hamilton has absolutely no advantage except familiarity with Mercedes team. People are under-estimating the extent of 2022 rule changes - The way the car produces downforce & the way the tyres mesh with it will not be the same as 2021. Russel if he falls behind Hamilton will play a deligent No. 2 for 2022 (we have seen that he is a team-player). But will Hamilton play Russel's No.2 if he falls behind ?
Why are people so desperate to discredit Hamilton?
I do not have the energy to waste time responding really. Because nothing you said is facts.

Combining F1 seasons is nonsense.

I will just respectfully say Okay then and let you see what you want to see.

In fact... You wont be the first or the last waiting on Hamilton's demise. I have seen it too many times on this forum over the years. So now you are saying he will not excel because of the 2022 regs? Okay, not the first time i have heard that. See 2009, 2014, etc etc. Keep hoping and wishing!

Worst driver ever, but somehow is lucky to break almost every F1 record and beat the best of the best; and will likely win 2021 championship in not the best car.

Enjoy the season Mr.S!! :)
He has the best car consistently for the season except perhaps Austria Double Header & Baku-Monaco. In all the other races, atleast on race pace he had a quicker car or at par with RB (You can argue RB doing better in qualifying because Mercedes couldn't heat their tyres on a lap & sometimes needed 2). And him & Bottas had punted Vertsappen out twice & he is barely ahead. Otherwise he would have been 50 points behind. Vertsappen has his number & he knows it.

I didn't call him worst driver. I said he isn't anywhere near Senna, Prost & Schumacher level. But I will rate him with Alonso & ahead of Rosberg, Button, Vettel, Raikkonen & Mika. He is definitely the most lucky or one of the most lucky in the last 10 years atleast !
seems you can't keep track of your own goalposts that you keep moving
you've been asked to provide sources to back up your so called arguments and so far you have not provided any but kept on making up alternative facts to suits whatever opinions you have. this is a team thread for Christ's sake
Last edited by kenshi_blind on 02 Sep 2021, 16:29, edited 1 time in total.

jjn9128

NathanOlder wrote:
02 Sep 2021, 16:18
jjn9128 wrote:
Is this legit?
God damn it that scared the --- outta me! Dont do that!!
Sorry. I now see where the date is. No idea why that appeared on my feed. 😬
#aerogandalf
"There is one big friend. It is downforce. And once you have this it’s a big mate and it’s helping a lot." Robert Kubica

jjn9128

An announcement was nice though 😂 considering all the parties know where they’ll be I don’t get the holdup. Just announce it and we move on.
#aerogandalf

NathanOlder

jjn9128 wrote:
02 Sep 2021, 16:29
An announcement was nice though 😂 considering all the parties know where they’ll be I don’t get the holdup. Just announce it and we move on.
Yeah, I just feel Alfa will do it in Monza (home race) , Then Mercedes will wait a week and announce Russell.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

ringo

I do wonder why Alpha is being considered for Valteri. I dont think it's a good team at all for a multi year deal.
Something tells me he is going back to williams.
Capito may do well to turn that car into a good upper midfield car.

If George is coming to Mercedes he is more than welcome. I do not think he is a nasty driver, but i can see him playing politics just like Button has. Which is evident from how much he chats to the media. He is very talktative, and the British media and Sky will embrace him.
For Sure!!

Phil

Personally, I think Russel will have a rude awakening when he is finally measured against a known quantity. Battling team-mates like Latifi could have you believe you're top tier. Prior to that, Ricciardo has gone through that process (when beating Vettel, only to later encounter Verstappen and now Norris), Alonso (when encountering Lewis), Vettel (beating Webber & Kimi, then encountering Ricciardo and later Leclerc), Bottas, battling Massa and then encountering Lewis.

Not saying Lewis is the best, but I'm confident that Russel will only realize what he is up against when getting into that car next to the multiple world champion. My guess is that Russel is very good, but I am yet to be convinced he will be better than Bottas or Rosberg is/was. Both Bottas and Rosberg have beaten Lewis, but rarely and never consistently and convincingly over a season.

I'm nervous for this year, as I think it's going to be extremely close between Max and Lewis, but once this year is over, I'd say bring on the new challenge in new cars that hopefully will put even more focus on the drivers ability.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

ringo

Mr.S wrote:
02 Sep 2021, 16:09

Looks like all the F1 experts, and even retired drivers and Redbull team Principals see that Max has the best car. Only Max and his followers think otherwise. It's common knowledge so lets leave it at that. You can find any F1 related article, even from Ross Brawn that supports that observation.

What do you know of Senna or Shumacher? He has surpassed them. They are not gods and have been beaten. Check the history.
If Hamilton is lucky, then oh well, it gets him results. He may be lucky again this year and next year. As long as the racing is good i have no issue.
For Sure!!