2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

langedweil wrote:
02 Sep 2021, 19:25
Just_a_fan wrote:
02 Sep 2021, 17:56
Confusion will start if it's used other than when referring to the Dutch track. It means something else when not being said in Dutch. :lol:
It exists in Irish, right ?
And Scottish too, I believe. In Irish it means "poor" or a poor person apparently with the Scottish being the same. I guess it's a case of words that sound similar but have no historic links. Irish and Scottish Gaelic are obviously closely linked, unlike the Germanic languages and Gaelic.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

godlameroso

Cleanup on isle 219.
Saishū kōnā

langedweil

godlameroso wrote:
02 Sep 2021, 21:10
Cleanup on isle 219.
Time to roll some wheels ..
HuggaWugga !

Slo Poke
Slo Poke

Due to the ‘Power on, Compressive nature of Corner 14’, it would be a wise precaution indeed to periodically remove (both) rear wheels and deliver them to Pirelli for continued inner surface, tyre integrity.

Perfectly feasible assumption that Banked cornering, in the heat of the moment, was possibly not considered...

godlameroso

Anything strange showing up? Thinking about the exit of 11/12 I noticed the banking on the outside transitions to slight downhill and off camber. Dynamically the car goes light after it comes off the banking. So maybe it's just a matter of power delivery in that part of the corner, as much as timing the suspension extension on the rear right.

There may be an issue with alignment, when cars behave in funny non predictable ways it's often due to alignment at the extremes of suspension travel.

It's the team's time to shine, make sure the bump-steer curve isn't misaligned, through off camber left handers, doing amazing inertial drifts but for 33 it's standard.
Saishū kōnā

Jolle
Jolle

godlameroso wrote:
03 Sep 2021, 17:22
Anything strange showing up? Thinking about the exit of 11/12 I noticed the banking on the outside transitions to slight downhill and off camber. Dynamically the car goes light after it comes off the banking. So maybe it's just a matter of power delivery in that part of the corner, as much as timing the suspension extension on the rear right.

There may be an issue with alignment, when cars behave in funny non predictable ways it's often due to alignment at the extremes of suspension travel.

It's the team's time to shine, make sure the bump-steer curve isn't misaligned, through off camber left handers, doing amazing inertial drifts but for 33 it's standard.
The exit from the Audi S (11&12) is all about using the banking to let the car grip. It takes a while to get the hang of it. Normally they should exit with just dipping their wheels in the dirt before the exit curb. I noticed they are working up to that, taking a much less wide line out of there to begin with.

godlameroso

Having looked at the long runs, I think the team is taking the correct approach to the weekend. Eventually everything will fall into place.
Saishū kōnā

Slo Poke
Slo Poke

godlameroso wrote:
03 Sep 2021, 17:33
Having looked at the long runs, I think the team is taking the correct approach to the weekend. Eventually everything will fall into place.
Just so long as they’ve had a proper look at the long runs, as that’s where anything detrimental will show up.

I’ll continue to Wish them Well towards a Win.

TNTHead

godlameroso wrote:
As far as I could see they only did long runs on softs? Or am I mistaking? Only soft long run would seem strange to me.

godlameroso

TNTHead wrote:
03 Sep 2021, 19:07
godlameroso wrote:
As far as I could see they only did long runs on softs? Or am I mistaking? Only soft long run would seem strange to me.
They already have a rough idea of what the other tires can do maybe. They probably just wanted to see how the softs would degrade, I'm seeing 20 laps out of them, so not quite enough to do a one stop if they do soft medium, but it will be possible with soft hard, although the hard is not nice to drive on. Medium Hard is an easy one stop, but the soft tire has a significant pace advantage over the medium and hard.

SMS or SSM is likely just as fast as a one stop because of the short pit lane. Track position will be very important for the race. 20 laps on softs and 31 laps on the medium.
Saishū kōnā

NathanOlder

2 stop almost certainly the way to go. Soft Medium Soft. Purely because any break down or crash will cause a safety car guaranteed. So the extra stop won't hurt at all.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

adrianjordan

Just_a_fan wrote:
02 Sep 2021, 19:32
langedweil wrote:
02 Sep 2021, 19:25
Just_a_fan wrote:
02 Sep 2021, 17:56
Confusion will start if it's used other than when referring to the Dutch track. It means something else when not being said in Dutch. :lol:
It exists in Irish, right ?
And Scottish too, I believe. In Irish it means "poor" or a poor person apparently with the Scottish being the same. I guess it's a case of words that sound similar but have no historic links. Irish and Scottish Gaelic are obviously closely linked, unlike the Germanic languages and Gaelic.
If you're pronouncing it as botched then it's in English too.

It's an adjective meaning carried out badly or carelessly.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Juzh

verstappen's fp3 lap 1.09.623
https://streamable.com/6axtnc

dxpetrov
dxpetrov

Max didn't have DRS open in the last sector. Hemce such close times.

DChemTech
DChemTech

Would they be allowed to fix a potential DRS failure?