2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Mr.S
Mr.S

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Tvetovnato wrote:
05 Sep 2021, 17:36
Mr.S wrote:
05 Sep 2021, 17:16
Perez has a great race but shouldn't have been given the extension. Also Tsusonda has no business racing. Replace him was Albon. He is a total flop. He has 0 qualifying win over Gasly I think. The guy is a joke.

Perez's qualifying is so bad that he puts him in incredible pressure situation & does well too many a times. His race pace, tyre management, overtaking is top notch but he is starting too far back to make a difference. Gasly definitely deserves the RB seat !
The problem with replacing Perez would be that they start all over again, with the new guy trailing Ves just as much. A strategy that has not worked so far, so it’s better to give him a real shot now that they signed him, instead of a half-ass chance with unbearable pressure, as the other No2s at RB has had so far. Just imagine being new to the team, with a team mate like Max, and a Marko who is telling you how terrible you are after the slightest mistake you make. The key to progress is stability, mental safety, and getting to know the team and the car fully, as Bottas has done in Mercedes for example. Besides, next year the cars will be totally different without the high rake instability, which should help Perez. At least a little bit, so he can get into the Bottas-window where RB wants him in order to support Max. Bottom line is that RB have tried the ”replace the no2 after a season or less” for some years now without any result, so it’s time to try something else.
Yea but RB car had an issue with Gasly & Albon. The rear suspension has been changed & the car is easier to dry. Besides Gasly of 2021 is not Gasly of 2019. Like Verstappen isn't the Verstappen who lost to Ricciardo.

No harm in trying him. He will not do worse than Perez. Anyways Perez is good in the race but has to fix his qualifying - Even Ocon used to outqualify him many times earlier !

JordanMugen

Mr.S wrote:
05 Sep 2021, 17:38
No harm in trying him. He will not do worse than Perez. Anyways Perez is good in the race but has to fix his qualifying - Even Ocon used to outqualify him many times earlier !
Ocon isn't that bad, Ocon is quite good even! On the one hand Perez is a good fit to the team and brings sponsorship, on the other hand perhaps the decision was rushed and it could have RB-Gasly and AT-Albon for 2022. I don't know.

Now RB have to find a place for Albon elswhere and could lose Gasly -- the latter would be a shame if Gasly turns out to be a top level driver, just as Red Bull already lost top level driver Sainz from their driver program. :|

Tvetovnato
Tvetovnato

Mr.S wrote:
05 Sep 2021, 17:38
Tvetovnato wrote:
05 Sep 2021, 17:36
Mr.S wrote:
Perez has a great race but shouldn't have been given the extension. Also Tsusonda has no business racing. Replace him was Albon. He is a total flop. He has 0 qualifying win over Gasly I think. The guy is a joke.

Perez's qualifying is so bad that he puts him in incredible pressure situation & does well too many a times. His race pace, tyre management, overtaking is top notch but he is starting too far back to make a difference. Gasly definitely deserves the RB seat !
The problem with replacing Perez would be that they start all over again, with the new guy trailing Ves just as much. A strategy that has not worked so far, so it’s better to give him a real shot now that they signed him, instead of a half-ass chance with unbearable pressure, as the other No2s at RB has had so far. Just imagine being new to the team, with a team mate like Max, and a Marko who is telling you how terrible you are after the slightest mistake you make. The key to progress is stability, mental safety, and getting to know the team and the car fully, as Bottas has done in Mercedes for example. Besides, next year the cars will be totally different without the high rake instability, which should help Perez. At least a little bit, so he can get into the Bottas-window where RB wants him in order to support Max. Bottom line is that RB have tried the ”replace the no2 after a season or less” for some years now without any result, so it’s time to try something else.
Yea but RB car had an issue with Gasly & Albon. The rear suspension has been changed & the car is easier to dry. Besides Gasly of 2021 is not Gasly of 2019. Like Verstappen isn't the Verstappen who lost to Ricciardo.

And what if they try him again, and he fails again? What then? I am not convinced about that Gasly is different. There is simply no way of knowing. The reason is that he is no longer measured against Max, but to a rookie that has not been impressive to say the least. I never regarded Perez as a top driver either, but now they have him and need to work with him.

etusch

I think Perez could finish front of Bottas if he is not that behind in Q.
He just need to work on Q laps more during fp sessions. Especially at fp2. I think he and Redbull has to work on for Q at whole fp2 sessions.

PlatinumZealot

Mr.S wrote:

Agree with Tsunoda. I was really looking forward to another Japanese driver. I think it's at the point now where even the Haas Rookies look more stable than him in terms of rookie errors.

Perez does deserve another shot I think. He should have some input into next years car.. aaaand the new regs limit how much "weirdness" Newey can put into the cars aerodynamics so he should be closer next year hopefully.

Replace Tsunoda with Albon I would say, but It seems RB are looking externally for him, so likley Yuki will be with us next year.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

ispano6

Perez has a fair number of years of experience over Gasly who is also in his 4th year of F1 compared to Yuki in his first year who is also the youngest current F1 driver. Driver line up is set for next year, though Albon probably should be in Alpha Tauri if for points reasons. Seem AT is still meant to develop future RedBull drivers, and Yuki does have Honda backing going for him.

Big Tea

PlatinumZealot wrote:
05 Sep 2021, 18:22
Mr.S wrote:

Agree with Tsunoda. I was really looking forward to another Japanese driver. I think it's at the point now where even the Haas Rookies look more stable than him in terms of rookie errors.

Perez does deserve another shot I think. He should have some input into next years car.. aaaand the new regs limit how much "weirdness" Newey can put into the cars aerodynamics so he should be closer next year hopefully.

Replace Tsunoda with Albon I would say, but It seems RB are looking externally for him, so likley Yuki will be with us next year.
I agree replace Tsunoda with Albon, but if they keep Tsunoda in the main RBR team as driver 2 he can gain lots of experience of race driving. He is not going to score many points, but he is not now. He can do the 'job' Perez seems to be given as it is not really 'go out and be a racing driver'.

The flip side of that of course is would Perez not be a better fit in the AT seat? I am looking at it from the angle of AT being a place to train up drivers for RBR.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

_cerber1

ispano6 wrote:
05 Sep 2021, 16:41
Looks like everything I said was true!
Thank you Max for proving me right!
It looks like everything you said is complete nonsense and Hamilton proved it. He missed the most important second workout and had a much lower mileage on that track. As a result, he lost 0.038 seconds to Max in qualifying and was close to him in the race, following your theory, this is not possible in principle. Thank you Lewis for refuting any ridiculous nonsense =D>.

Wouter

That crowd!!

Max wins his home GP!

The Power of Dreams!

ringo

ispano6 wrote:
05 Sep 2021, 18:46
Perez has a fair number of years of experience over Gasly who is also in his 4th year of F1 compared to Yuki in his first year who is also the youngest current F1 driver. Driver line up is set for next year, though Albon probably should be in Alpha Tauri if for points reasons. Seem AT is still meant to develop future RedBull drivers, and Yuki does have Honda backing going for him.
Will there be backing even when Honda engine will now be a Redbull engine?
For Sure!!

BassVirolla

ringo wrote:
05 Sep 2021, 22:56
ispano6 wrote:
05 Sep 2021, 18:46
I'd dare to say that such engine is the only reason for which Yuki is driving that AT.

i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

My understanding is that all RB drivers have a clause in their contract that allows RB to swap them between the two teams. This means should RB want to, they could swap Perez into AT and bring Gasly up to the main team. I fully expect that is what Red Bull will do when they decide Perez is not doing the job and Gasly is ready.

PlatinumZealot

Yup. There is only one contract. A RedBull driver contract. You work for RedBull and they put you to drive whereever.

It has nice quirks that Marko can switch drivers in and out pretty quickly. It would be interesting to see a history of all the mid season switches ever done at RedBull.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

ispano6

_cerber1 wrote:
05 Sep 2021, 20:57
ispano6 wrote:
05 Sep 2021, 16:41
Looks like everything I said was true!
Thank you Max for proving me right!
It looks like everything you said is complete nonsense and Hamilton proved it. He missed the most important second workout and had a much lower mileage on that track. As a result, he lost 0.038 seconds to Max in qualifying and was close to him in the race, following your theory, this is not possible in principle. Thank you Lewis for refuting any ridiculous nonsense =D>.
Nice try, but Max won pole without DRS. You just proved my point that Max had an advantage because Hamilton had limited running. I made the point that red flags and offs will compromise others from being able to get into a rythym and Team Hamilton and a Mercedes engine failure caused both, as did the two Mercedes powered Williams, go figure. Max had limited running this time but made the point that he avoided the simulator on PURPOSE. Why? Because he knew the track first hand and you refuted the limited running he already had wouldn't give him an advantage. I thoroughly enjoyed this race and it went exactly according to how it should have.
Last edited by ispano6 on 09 Sep 2021, 00:43, edited 2 times in total.

ispano6

BassVirolla wrote:
05 Sep 2021, 23:16
ringo wrote:
05 Sep 2021, 22:56

I'd dare to say that such engine is the only reason for which Yuki is driving that AT.
The 2022 engine is being developed by Honda and will be manufactured and assembled by the Honda factory in Sakura throughout the 2022 season. This shouldn't guarantee a drive for Yuki though, he should be striving to be better and improve his craft. I'm a big fan of Albon and would completely understand if he replaced Yuki, I wouldn't have any issue with that. Honda brass might, however.