2021 AMG Mercedes F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
PlatinumZealot

Re: 2021 AMG Mercedes F1 Team

The RedBull drivers are filling up the grid and they rarely take outsiders to their team. So GAS is fine staying where he is.

Mercedes have their own drivers to deal with.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

Marty_Y
Marty_Y

Shrieker

Can't wait for Lewis to make his new team mate look like another Bottas. And the trolls to come out from their caves screaming favouritism and sabotage lmao :lol:
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

LM10
LM10

Shrieker wrote:
06 Sep 2021, 16:13
Can't wait for Lewis to make his new team mate look like another Bottas. And the trolls to come out from their caves screaming favouritism and sabotage lmao :lol:
If it's Stroll, yes. If it's Russell, I have my doubts.

Zynerji

Stroll would be a great choice to put alongside Hamilton for an ez #2. Russell is going to give Lewis fits, i believe.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

I think Mercedes 2022 is going to be a repeat of McLaren 2007. I think the young charger is going to upset the applecart. George has nothing to lose really - if he doesn't beat Hamilton, well Hamilton is statistically one of the greats so no great surprise. If he does beat him then he's made himself a legend. Win, win for Russell. For Hamilton it's a win, lose situation. If he beats Russell, well he jolly well should, etc.! If he gets beaten then he's going to be feeling like he should retire while he can.

If it is like 2007, then someone else is going to take the title, just as Kimi did.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Starkblood80
Starkblood80

Zynerji wrote:
06 Sep 2021, 16:47
Stroll would be a great choice to put alongside Hamilton for an ez #2. Russell is going to give Lewis fits, i believe.
Why? no other teammate has given lewis "fits"

Shrieker

LM10 wrote:
06 Sep 2021, 16:31
Shrieker wrote:
If it's Stroll, yes. If it's Russell, I have my doubts.
Bottas had put it in 3rd place in qualifying for the 2013 Canadian GP in the wet, in a shitbox of a Williams. His performances in the Williams granted him the Merc seat, but not guaranteed beating Lewis. That is a tall order. Which I suspect, Russell will swiftly find out too.
Last edited by Shrieker on 06 Sep 2021, 17:14, edited 1 time in total.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

Pany
Pany

Nope. In this case they are both british drivers
Just_a_fan wrote:
06 Sep 2021, 17:00
I think Mercedes 2022 is going to be a repeat of McLaren 2007. I think the young charger is going to upset the applecart. George has nothing to lose really - if he doesn't beat Hamilton, well Hamilton is statistically one of the greats so no great surprise. If he does beat him then he's made himself a legend. Win, win for Russell. For Hamilton it's a win, lose situation. If he beats Russell, well he jolly well should, etc.! If he gets beaten then he's going to be feeling like he should retire while he can.

If it is like 2007, then someone else is going to take the title, just as Kimi did.

Big Tea

I have said several times, I think it would be better to put Russell in the AM and Seb or Stroll to Merc, at least for one season. Incidentally, I dont think either would do as good a job as Bottas, but things are changing so a driver fighting at the front may be a better option
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Jolle
Jolle

Big Tea wrote:
06 Sep 2021, 17:18
I have said several times, I think it would be better to put Russell in the AM and Seb or Stroll to Merc, at least for one season. Incidentally, I dont think either would do as good a job as Bottas, but things are changing so a driver fighting at the front may be a better option
Vettel is vital for AM, not (just) for his driving, but most of all due to his presence. Having Vettel raised the image of AM above “just another former Jordan” team.

Unf

Shrieker wrote:
I swear - if Hamilton will do the same with Russell, what he did with Bottas - I will take back everything I wrote here ;)

ringo

Russel will be like the rest. People may understand better the high level Bottas was operating on.
Nico Rosberg suffered the same lack of race pace as Bottas relative to Hamilton.
Russel will be the same.
All three were very quick in qualifying and had reasonable race craft, maybe not so strong defense.
George is not anymore talented than any of the previous Williams's drivers.
Coicidentally they all made their william's teammates look ordinary before stepping up to mercedes.
As someone said earlier, there will be complaints and excuses about Hamilton still performing better than his prodigy/ace teammate.

The main focus now by the team should be beating Max. Valteri needs to be paid a bonus for fighting a little harder to spoil Max's race. He is doing a better job of spoiling Lewis'.
For Sure!!

ringo

Unf wrote:
06 Sep 2021, 17:35
Shrieker wrote:
I swear - if Hamilton will do the same with Russell, what he did with Bottas - I will take back everything I wrote here ;)
Ok sir. If it takes you 14 years to understand.. i guess better late than never.
For Sure!!

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Pany wrote:
06 Sep 2021, 17:14
Nope. In this case they are both british drivers
Just_a_fan wrote:
06 Sep 2021, 17:00

So long as Hamilton doesn't try to blackmail Toto, it'll probably all be ok... :wink:
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.