2021 AMG Mercedes F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
PlatinumZealot

Re: 2021 AMG Mercedes F1 Team

If George and Lewis is the strongest pairing? I don't know. The strongest right now is Charles and Carlos IMO. George race craft is a bit unproven. I do wish him to be stronger than Bottas in race eventually though.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

Shrieker

PlatinumZealot wrote:
08 Sep 2021, 00:09
If George and Lewis is the strongest pairing? I don't know. The strongest right now is Charles and Carlos IMO. George race craft is a bit unproven. I do wish him to be stronger than Bottas in race eventually though.
His overtake on Bottas @bahrain was 👌 It was a setup, shades of Lewis there. I believe this guy has what it takes. Although I would still be very surprised if he beat Lewis over a full season first attempt.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

PlatinumZealot

that pass was more down to an error on Bottas' part; he overcooked the throttle application and George slipped by.

George is good dont get me wrong. I am one his first fans on here. But we must be objective and keep our feet on the ground.

George is quick, but hasn't got the chance to show brilliance in the race yet. I don't feel his "completion" yet, as I do feel now for guys like Gasly, Sainz. You know that coming of age feeling? Yeah. Even Max had that time in 2019 where I thought, yes, he has matured as a driver. But for George I am not getting that.

I have posted the Hamilton overtakes video to show what George will be up against. Someone keeps reporting the video when I post it so I wont post it again. Maybe it's like showing off :lol: But head to head against Lewis is extremely tough even for the best of the best. Let's not pressure George too much.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

Chuckjr

I think the pairing will be a strong one as far as raw talent is concerned, but I think Russell will give Ham fits, and it will be interesting to see how Toto handles this. That said, I don’t get the killer instinct when I see Russell interviewed and in his overall demeanor. Maybe he is a lion on track, but man I don’t see it. I sense he is a bit to nice, and that won’t do him any good.

Can I just say I don’t understand why there is such renown for winning in a car that is on average 1.25-2 seconds or more faster than any on the field for some 7 years. Why is it a big deal to win races and set all kinds of records, if your car is faster than all other punters save one for more than half your F1 career? Just saying that doesn’t make sense not trying to troll or be unreasonable.

Anyway, glad to see Bottas go. The fork was in that guy some time ago.
Watching F1 since 1986.

xaero
xaero

Chuckjr wrote:
08 Sep 2021, 07:17
I think the pairing will be a strong one as far as raw talent is concerned, but I think Russell will give Ham fits, and it will be interesting to see how Toto handles this. That said, I don’t get the killer instinct when I see Russell interviewed and in his overall demeanor. Maybe he is a lion on track, but man I don’t see it. I sense he is a bit to nice, and that won’t do him any good.

Can I just say I don’t understand why there is such renown for winning in a car that is on average 1.25-2 seconds or more faster than any on the field for some 7 years. Why is it a big deal to win races and set all kinds of records, if your car is faster than all other punters save one for more than half your F1 career? Just saying that doesn’t make sense not trying to troll or be unreasonable.

Anyway, glad to see Bottas go. The fork was in that guy some time ago.
Hopefully you will have the same feeling about Verstappen wining this year considering how less RB lost due to random regulation change compared to Merc and a second rate qualifier being his teammate (who can't even challenge at the start) :|
We need a miracle. We need only one racing lap.

selvam_e2002
selvam_e2002

PlatinumZealot wrote:
Ferrari Drivers stronger to crash each race alternatively. :D :D :D

F1NAC

selvam_e2002 wrote:
08 Sep 2021, 10:14
PlatinumZealot wrote:
Ferrari Drivers stronger to crash each race alternatively. :D :D :D
When did they crash during the race?

Jolle
Jolle

Russell/Hamilton feels a bit like Prost/Lauda in ‘84/‘85. Such a shame the master himself isn’t around anymore to see/manage this.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Chuckjr wrote:

Can I just say I don’t understand why there is such renown for winning in a car that is on average 1.25-2 seconds or more faster than any on the field for some 7 years.
Ah, that tired old rubbish again. :roll:
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

NathanOlder

Just_a_fan wrote:
08 Sep 2021, 10:30
Chuckjr wrote:

Can I just say I don’t understand why there is such renown for winning in a car that is on average 1.25-2 seconds or more faster than any on the field for some 7 years.
:lol: indeed.

Fun fact,

In 1957 Fangio took 5 poles out of 7 races. The gaps to 2nd place in those 5 races he took pole were -

1.1 seconds
0.6 seconds
1.1 seconds
2.8 seconds
10.1 seconds

So an average of 3.14 seconds!
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

El Scorchio

Just_a_fan wrote:
Chuckjr wrote:

Also factually wrong. People will just shamelessly throw any old rubbish out there.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

El Scorchio wrote:
08 Sep 2021, 11:11
Just_a_fan wrote:
Chuckjr wrote:

Also factually wrong. People will just shamelessly throw any old rubbish out there.
Indeed. I'd respect them more if they were just honest about why they don't like the man. People can like / dislike whomever they choose, but at least be honest about the reasons.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Phil

I find the (multiple year) signing of Russel far more interesting in regards of Verstappen hoping to drive for Mercedes in the forseable future.

Unless Russel proves to be another Bottas - big prospect, at least qualifying, but cant quite cut it in the race - then of course they have all options for an adequate replacement once Hamilton resigns.

Of course, multiple year could mean just two, like Lewis, but it feels like at least 3 years.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

SiLo

I think Merc bringing Russel in for 2022 is pretty smart, because it's an entirely new platform to learn from day 1. So from a car perspective he should be getting up to speed fairly quickly compared to Hamilton.
Felipe Baby!

El Scorchio

Phil wrote:
08 Sep 2021, 12:29
I find the (multiple year) signing of Russel far more interesting in regards of Verstappen hoping to drive for Mercedes in the forseable future.

Unless Russel proves to be another Bottas - big prospect, at least qualifying, but cant quite cut it in the race - then of course they have all options for an adequate replacement once Hamilton resigns.

Of course, multiple year could mean just two, like Lewis, but it feels like at least 3 years.
I think if Russell performs as expected, he's there for most of the next decade- assuming the team carries on at the top.