2021 AMG Mercedes F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
the EDGE
the EDGE

Re: 2021 AMG Mercedes F1 Team

nzjrs wrote:
09 Sep 2021, 19:21
the EDGE wrote:
09 Sep 2021, 19:04
:roll: Other countries don’t have their own media?
F1 offers the extremely partisan and biased Sky (UK) feed to the world audience on its streaming service.
Oh… so it’s not the British media… just sky team?

Give 1 example of when sky have been ‘partisan’?

I wonder if people saying that would still say it if the the reigning 7x world champion wasn’t British?

on a side note, My favourite sky presenter (or guest) is German not British

Gillian
Gillian

I am not British and I like Sky. Crofty says dumb stuff but I don't mind. To be honest they are a bit biased at times, but not excessive in my opinion.

nzjrs

the EDGE wrote:
09 Sep 2021, 19:35
nzjrs wrote:
the EDGE wrote:
F1 offers the extremely partisan and biased Sky (UK) feed to the world audience on its streaming service.
Oh… so it’s not the British media… just sky team?
They are a prominent example of the British media that is foisted upon the rest of the world. I mentioned it because I wasn't sure if you were aware if that's what one gets as the default provided commentary stream when paying for F1TV 👍

the EDGE
the EDGE

Gillian wrote:
09 Sep 2021, 19:40
I am not British and I like Sky. Crofty says dumb stuff but I don't mind. To be honest they are a bit biased at times, but not excessive in my opinion.
Well I am British & I detest everything about it

The shows are boring & stuffy, and so is most of the presenting team too

The worst part is race commentary where they feel the need to constantly explain the rules, and how DRS works etc.

Could you imagine football presenters explaining what a corner is, or why a players off-side

What really irks me how Brundle tells with passion the advice once Murray Walker once have him about commentating… you do t have to be correct, you e just got to be exciting…

Just a pity Brundle decided to do the exact opposite of that. If you put a cardboard cut-out in his place you’d never notice

But that aside, I don’t think they’re anymore partisan than they… like everyone on this planet… has a right to be

They call things how they see it, as ex-racers… not partisans
nzjrs wrote:
09 Sep 2021, 19:45

They are a prominent example of the British media that is foisted upon the rest of the world. I mentioned it because I wasn't sure if you were aware if that's what one gets as the default provided commentary stream when paying for F1TV 👍
Yes I’m aware. More people outside of China speak English than any other language, so it’s an obvious choice

But, like if it was a German broadcasting company they would be a little German leaning, or Spanish or Italian lean a little towards Spain or Italy

You can’t be seriously blaming these people for that can you? Or accusing them of being partisan just because they’re British, or accusing the the British media of all being partisan… can you ?

maxxer
maxxer

the EDGE wrote:
09 Sep 2021, 20:01
Gillian wrote:
09 Sep 2021, 19:40
Well I am British & I detest everything about it

The shows are boring & stuffy, and so is most of the presenting team too

The worst part is race commentary where they feel the need to constantly explain the rules, and how DRS works etc.

Could you imagine football presenters explaining what a corner is, or why a players off-side

What really irks me how Brundle tells with passion the advice once Murray Walker once have him about commentating… you do t have to be correct, you e just got to be exciting…

Just a pity Brundle decided to do the exact opposite of that. If you put a cardboard cut-out in his place you’d never notice

But that aside, I don’t think they’re anymore partisan than they… like everyone on this planet… has a right to be

They call things how they see it, as ex-racers… not partisans
nzjrs wrote:
09 Sep 2021, 19:45

Yes I’m aware. More people outside of China speak English than any other language, so it’s an obvious choice

But, like if it was a German broadcasting company they would be a little German leaning, or Spanish or Italian lean a little towards Spain or Italy

You can’t be seriously blaming these people for that can you? Or accusing them of being partisan just because they’re British, or accusing the the British media of all being partisan… can you ?
Well i do like when Rosberg is in there , Brundle is too old for these cars i think

nzjrs

the EDGE wrote:
F1TV helpfully provides a second English stream called 'the pit lane channel'. This is also hosted by native English speakers so it provides a nice and direct comparison with the Sky crew - It's then that it becomes easier to really notice the difference in partisanship.

I encourage everyone to check it out, it's a shame it's not more widely watched.

the EDGE
the EDGE

nzjrs wrote:
09 Sep 2021, 20:14
the EDGE wrote:
F1TV helpfully provides a second English stream called 'the pit lane channel'. This is also hosted by native English speakers so it provides a nice and direct comparison with the Sky crew - It's then that it becomes easier to really notice the difference in partisanship.

I encourage everyone to check it out, it's a shame it's not more widely watched.
Thanks… I would, but ironically… F1TV Is not available in England

In English or any other language :lol:

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Ryar wrote:
09 Sep 2021, 19:19
dans79 wrote:
09 Sep 2021, 19:03
Zynerji wrote:
09 Sep 2021, 18:54

Id take the "kid" in any adaptation competition. The quickness that the 18-24 year-olds that I hire pick up, and even improve processes, is astounding. I simply don't find that when I deal with embedded and experienced people.
That might be specific to your industry then, because in my industry its the exact opposite. The young ones are still stuck in the "this is how you do it because it's what I learned in college" mode. In my industry what you learn in college is overly simplistic and not relevant to real world problems. The older people who have been working in the real world longer are much more adaptable/flexible.
Simple fact of elite sporting competition is, young talent always outshines old guards. Motorsport is even more demanding on the human reflexes that start waning in 30s and abundantly powerful in youth. No escaping that fact. Senna, Schumacher, Lewis, Seb, Max, Leclerc, Lando have all proved it. A driver, no matter how great the career has been, at 37 Vs a young, proven talent at 24, is no match. F1 is not a 8 to 5 desk job.
Lewis and Alonso may be proving that line of thought wrong, since both are well into their 30’s and still showing plenty of speed on track… Even though there is physicality related to the sport, it doesn’t play the role that it does in other sports.

Unf

the EDGE wrote:
If we talking about all media stuff - F1 belong to British. Politics dude, politics... it's always behind the scene.

PlatinumZealot

Ryar wrote:
09 Sep 2021, 19:19
Simple fact of elite sporting competition is, young talent always outshines old guards. Motorsport is even more demanding on the human reflexes that start waning in 30s and abundantly powerful in youth. No escaping that fact. Senna, Schumacher, Lewis, Seb, Max, Leclerc, Lando have all proved it. A driver, no matter how great the career has been, at 37 Vs a young, proven talent at 24, is no match. F1 is not a 8 to 5 desk job.
You could be right in theory. In theory.
George needs to get on top by the second year or face slight dent in his stock price. If he fails it shouldn't be that though if he can play a docile number 2 thereafter.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

PlatinumZealot

nzjrs wrote:
the EDGE wrote:
But I thought the driver interviews are not a part of the feed?
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

the EDGE
the EDGE

Unf wrote:
09 Sep 2021, 20:37
the EDGE wrote:
If we talking about all media stuff - F1 belong to British. Politics dude, politics... it's always behind the scene.
You know I really didn’t want to add more to this conversation, after all it is in the Merc thread… butI’m sorry, that is rubbish

Other than most of the (no British owned) teams, that are mostly run by non-British people are based in the U.K. & Ross Brawn… F1 has NOTHING to do with Britain

No teams are British owned (except 1/3 or Mercedes) only 1 team boss is British, the rights holders are American & their boss is Italian and the international governing body is based in France and led by an French man, the race director’s Australian, the stewards are multi-national

Unf

the EDGE wrote:
09 Sep 2021, 20:52
Unf wrote:
09 Sep 2021, 20:37
the EDGE wrote:
You know I really didn’t want to add more to this conversation, after all it is in the Merc thread… butI’m sorry, that is rubbish

Other than most of the (no British owned) teams, that are mostly run by non-British people are based in the U.K. & Ross Brawn… F1 has NOTHING to do with Britain

No teams are British owned (except 1/3 or Mercedes) only 1 team boss is British, the rights holders are American & their boss is Italian and the international governing body is based in France and led by an French man, the race director’s Australian, the stewards are multi-national
I am talking about media influence, you are talking about natonality of team's bosses. Right - we should stop spamming here.

ringo

What I notice with these young drivers is they spend a lot of time in the simulators; especially at home.
Lewis is a grown man and doesn't have much time for doing the same because he has his various engagements.
This may be a possible weakness and something he may need to adapt to keep sharp. He is part of the playstation generation, but young guys like Norris who are as sharp as a razor are part of the race sim generation.
They hone their skills all day on the sim, and it explains why they are so brave on track at high speed.. and sometimes foolish as well.
Lewis will need to make sure his reactions and stamina are at their best if he is to face George. Maybe he needs to put down the piano and buy a sim chair.
For Sure!!

PlatinumZealot

Lewis has started taking to the simulator this year after he realized upgrades will be few and far in between. He's not a simulator man like the twitch quartet and Max who have simulators at home.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028