Ferrari all set to showcase 599 Hybrid and GTO

Breaking news, useful data or technical highlights or vehicles that are not meant to race. You can post commercial vehicle news or developments here.
Please post topics on racing variants in "other racing categories".
JohnsonsEvilTwin

Re: Ferrari all set to showcase 599 Hybrid and GTO

I agree Hybrids need to be more efficient, I doubt very much wether this Ferrari has an off the shelf Ferrari system.
Car like the Prius and now the Honda CRZ are cars with supposed green credentials, but when driven in the real world they lose the plot.

Stop start is about the only difference.

But, I think with refinement, Car makers will learn to use the tech alot better.

Its interesting that Luca DM has said this is not to get Ferrari "green". He wants it to be used in addition to the power of fossil fuels, much like KERS.
Personally I think this is flawed.....much like the 599 hybrid
More could have been done.
David Purley

benjabulle
benjabulle

I saw the 599XX 2 days ago and had a close look at one of the most interesting feature on this car, the "actiflow", some photos of the device on this page I just uploaded :

http://www.gurneyflap.com/ferrari599xx.html

autogyro
autogyro

JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote:I agree Hybrids need to be more efficient, I doubt very much wether this Ferrari has an off the shelf Ferrari system.
Car like the Prius and now the Honda CRZ are cars with supposed green credentials, but when driven in the real world they lose the plot.

Stop start is about the only difference.

But, I think with refinement, Car makers will learn to use the tech alot better.

Its interesting that Luca DM has said this is not to get Ferrari "green". He wants it to be used in addition to the power of fossil fuels, much like KERS.
Personally I think this is flawed.....much like the 599 hybrid
Dear ol Luca, he does try poor soul. He should ask Briatorre how to be devious.
Ferrari has got to make their cars more green because otherwise they will not meet European regulations.
Bolting on electric motors and extra gears at huge cost penalties and turning their cars into blocks of flats is the only way anyone will be able to use big thirsty engines soon and they will be turned off in built up areas.
Luca would be better off sitting at home with his crashgate mate going vroom vroom.

WhiteBlue

benjabulle wrote:I saw the 599XX 2 days ago and had a close look at one of the most interesting feature on this car, the "actiflow", some photos of the device on this page I just uploaded :

http://www.gurneyflap.com/ferrari599xx.html

The return of the fan car. 8) :lol:
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

autogyro
autogyro

I bet that gets hot in there. :lol: :lol: :lol: