2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
makecry
makecry

Re: 2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

AR3-GP wrote:
07 May 2023, 01:54
Lance was a liability today.
I wont say that. They took a gamble to save tires for q2/q3. Fernando made it works, barely, Lance could not.

NAPI10
NAPI10

AR3-GP wrote:
AM tried to squeeze to Q2 on one set of Softs that strategy failed for Lance.
Anyways ,he scored 10th starting from pit lane last year so not to worry :D :D

Redragon

AR3-GP wrote:
07 May 2023, 01:44
Redragon wrote:
07 May 2023, 01:40
Sky reported that his lap that gave him P2 was on used tyres, so he had more to squeeze from the car
Why didn't they have any tires left?

They only used 1 set in Q1.
Sky reported his first attempt was on used tires, which was the lap that gave him P2 and was only .300 tenths from pole. His second attempt was going to be on news but we know what happen. If Sky was right the pace on this track and full potential wasn’t shown. So it means that they are much better than some are stating

Redragon

NAPI10 wrote:
07 May 2023, 02:41
AR3-GP wrote:
AM tried to squeeze to Q2 on one set of Softs that strategy failed for Lance.
Anyways ,he scored 10th starting from pit lane last year so not to worry :D :D

Seeing how good they were on hards on Friday. Points for stroll is possible

NAPI10
NAPI10

If Lance survives the first lap; he will make it to the Top 10 eventually. He always makes a lot of places on the first lap; that's what AM must be hoping for.

CaribouBread
CaribouBread

I saw a tweet from Duchessa claiming that the new rear wing is giving Red Bull-esque DRS advantage, has anyone checked the numbers on that?

FW17

CaribouBread wrote:
07 May 2023, 05:22
I saw a tweet from Duchessa claiming that the new rear wing is giving Red Bull-esque DRS advantage, has anyone checked the numbers on that?
Maybe it does, but the Mercedes engine at the back of it is no match for the Honda

CaribouBread
CaribouBread

FW17 wrote:
07 May 2023, 05:31
Maybe it does, but the Mercedes engine at the back of it is no match for the Honda
I do not care for the top speed, just interested if the DRS on/off delta has changed.

diffuser

CaribouBread wrote:
07 May 2023, 05:37
FW17 wrote:
I do not care for the top speed, just interested if the DRS on/off delta has changed.
RBR tend to run a big flap. So when they open it....

makecry
makecry

CaribouBread wrote:
The official FIA document says they only brought new cooling louvers to the race. Where is this new Rear Wing talk coming from. I mean I Saw them running flowviz but if its a new RW, why does FIA document not reflect that?

McG

FW17 wrote:
CaribouBread wrote:
Engine power differences have been negligible for at least 2 years. Red Bull's dvantage comes from elsewhere.
Finally, everyone knows that Red Bull is a joke and Max Verstappen is overrated.

peewon

Redragon wrote:
07 May 2023, 02:57
AR3-GP wrote:
07 May 2023, 01:44
Redragon wrote:
07 May 2023, 01:40
Sky reported that his lap that gave him P2 was on used tyres, so he had more to squeeze from the car
Why didn't they have any tires left?

They only used 1 set in Q1.
Sky reported his first attempt was on used tires, which was the lap that gave him P2 and was only .300 tenths from pole. His second attempt was going to be on news but we know what happen. If Sky was right the pace on this track and full potential wasn’t shown. So it means that they are much better than some are stating
There's also the case that some of the fastest laps were set on used softs. Max's time in Q2 was on used softs. Even in practice sessions, some the personal bests were on used softs. Including Fernando who set one of his practice personal bests on the 8th lap of used softs.

Hard to say how it would have shaken out without the red flag. I think RB and Ferrari were definitely faster on one lap pace.

KimiRai
KimiRai

makecry wrote:
07 May 2023, 06:01

The official FIA document says they only brought new cooling louvers to the race. Where is this new Rear Wing talk coming from. I mean I Saw them running flowviz but if its a new RW, why does FIA document not reflect that?
They mean Baku's rear wing.

AR3-GP wrote:
It was the team's mistake, not him. You could blame him for not being at Fernando's level but that's it. The team should've seen that he needed a second set of softs but they were too greedy and he was knocked out, not really his fault.

Andy Stevenson said Fernando was improving two tenths in the first sector before the red flag so he was likely going to improve. Something Ive seen is that Fernando has always been very fast in turn 17 after the long back straight, for some reason the Aston works well there in traction.

We need to be careful though, as Fernando starts in the dirty side in one of the dirtiest tracks outside of the racing line in the whole calendar. But maybe we are lucky because apparently it has been raining in the circuit so it could even the things a bit. Regardless the objective for me is more to not lose the position against Sainz, Fernando is not fighting for P1/P2 but for P3.

Redragon

makecry wrote:
CaribouBread wrote:

Is the RW they brought on Baku. The new wing are referring to.

Redragon

KimiRai wrote:
07 May 2023, 06:51
makecry wrote:

They mean Baku's rear wing.

AR3-GP wrote:
It was the team's mistake, not him. You could blame him for not being at Fernando's level but that's it. The team should've seen that he needed a second set of softs but they were too greedy and he was knocked out, not really his fault.

Andy Stevenson said Fernando was improving two tenths in the first sector before the red flag so he was likely going to improve. Something Ive seen is that Fernando has always been very fast in turn 17 after the long back straight, for some reason the Aston works well there in traction.

We need to be careful though, as Fernando starts in the dirty side in one of the dirtiest tracks outside of the racing line in the whole calendar. But maybe we are lucky because apparently it has been raining in the circuit so it could even the things a bit. Regardless the objective for me is more to not lose the position against Sainz, Fernando is not fighting for P1/P2 but for P3.
I think how good they were with hards on Friday. It is a one stop and with a bit of luck could be Alonso win. Overtaking is going to be difficult but a couple of SCs if on right time and obviously if race goods are with Alo, might be the 33th this weekend