Mclaren Honda 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
GoranF1
GoranF1

Re: Mclaren Honda 2015

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

Thunder

So new PU's for both drivers.

Let's see if Buttons PU is "in the Mood" this Wekend. :D
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

Thunder

There is an Autosport+ Interview with Eric Boullier, which i sadly don't have access too, but according to a Poster on the Autosport Forum this was said.... (maybe someone with Access can confirm)
-The power unit is not yet mature enough in terms of technology, so definitely we are behind Ferrari and Mercedes in power terms. But still, what Honda have achieved in only two years is very impressive as we are not far from Renault.
In terms of chassis, we have a good chassis, the car is good, it's good to drive, the drivers love it. It’s even very good in slow corners but it still needs some new development.
It's a new aero concept, a new philosophy, and we've spent the first three months of the season focusing more on R&D. We have brought upgrades to every race, but we didn't bring the 'big one' because we decided to focus more time in the factory on CFD and the windtunnel, to fine-tune what we are doing. Between now and the next few races you'll see a lot of changes, so the performance should grow massively.

-Who knows, in Singapore an engineer might wake up with the magic solution to find one second of performance, then we can perhaps be on the podium and win races. We do more than our best and everyone is 100 per cent working flat-out, so let's see what happens by the summer shutdown.
Especially the bolded Part sounds really good. ^^
Last edited by Thunder on 23 Jul 2015, 19:04, edited 2 times in total.
#aerogollum

vantage87
vantage87

Button before Hungarian GP:

"We have some parts that will help the weaknesses we have in certain speed corners"
"You'd have to say that we're hoping for points; the last time I scored was Monaco, and it's the last time I finished the race."

Source: http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/328341/

kaepernickus

Thunders wrote:There is an Autosport+ Interview with Eric Boullier, which i sadly don't have access too, but according to a Poster on the Autosport Forum this was said.... (maybe someone with Access con confirm)
Yes that's correct.

It's a good read. Boullier seems to be a rather fun guy (didn't know that) with great technical knowledge and enthusiasm for racing (that I already knew).

iotar__

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula1/33479911 Article by McNish (BBC) that should be treated as another piece of McLaren's media offensive. Tailor made for the message, timing and demography. Although the title says "Cracks appearing between Honda and McLaren" there's little about nature of said cracks except for obvious engine performance:
"It is quite clear to everyone in F1 that the Honda engine is responsible for the vast majority of McLaren's performance shortfall to Mercedes."
Vast majority is not very specific, I wonder if packaging that was a joint effort of engine and chassis makers with all the pros and cons is included or divided from this ;-)

There's nothing about McLaren but everything about Honda including: "cultural" aspect, a lot of history and an interesting information that has zero relevance to F1: "In the road car marketplace, Honda has been overtaken by Nissan and is now the third-biggest Japanese manufacturer, not the second". What if they were second, would the engine be better then? No. Makes you wonder why this kind of article didn't appear before the season. I guess they were waiting for under-performing and unreliable engine to shed a light on history, Honda's market position and warn:
"If you look across motorsport, Honda is struggling everywhere except the British Touring Car Championship, Honda does not seem to be the same company with the same racing spirit it had in the past."
No thoughts about McLaren, I guess unlike Honda it's the same company like in the 90s and seasons with a different engine like 2007, 2009, 2012-2014 didn't happen. As if using 90s as a benchmark for 2015 F1 and hybrid engines wasn't at best questionable.

GoranF1
GoranF1

2014 Hungarian GP FP1
MAG 1m27.357s
BUT 1m27.804s

2015 Hungarian GP FP1
ALO 1m27.272
BUT 1m27.308

Jef Patat
Jef Patat

considering the rest of the season this is not bad

Vasconia

Jef Patat wrote:considering the rest of the season this is not bad
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CKq3ii6W8AA5hAe.jpg
A normal FP1 which taking into account Mclaren´s standards during the season its more than good. As far as I know they have new aerodinamic pieces to check so I hope they can be not so far from Q3 this time, though I dont expect to see them there. Thoses positions(11,12) tomorrow would be a good basis to achieve some points on Sunday.

Mui
Mui

What does andrea stella do at mclaren?

Jef Patat
Jef Patat

Isn't he Fernando's race engineer?

Edit: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=andrea+stella+mclaren

Thunder

So nothing much to moan about this Day. I take it. ^^
#aerogollum

Jef Patat
Jef Patat

It feels good, almost too good? It scares me a little :lol:

GoranF1
GoranF1

Jef Patat wrote:It feels good, almost too good? It scares me a little :lol:
P8 is good but its 1.8 gap that is too big,and usually everyone else improves for Q except Mclaren

bauc

ajnšpric_pumpa wrote:
Jef Patat wrote:It feels good, almost too good? It scares me a little :lol:
P8 is good but its 1.8 gap that is too big,and usually everyone else improves for Q except Mclaren
For me, most important for the team this week is for both cars to finish the race so they can obtain more data before the summer break. If in any case we get into the points, that will be just a bonus.

GO MCL!
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg