2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Dunlay
Dunlay

Re: 2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

Il Leone wrote:
23 Mar 2024, 19:56
Dunlay wrote:
23 Mar 2024, 19:49
Il Leone wrote:
23 Mar 2024, 19:42

This is creating a narrative to find an excuse, Schumacher never showed any signs of not trying, he just no longer had it, it's now looking the same for Lewis. At the end of the day your benchmark is your teammate, if you can't beat him then I'm sorry it effects your legacy.
Legacy is not a seasonal commodity that affects with inflation. Once established, it's history.
No, Vettel is the prime example.
A 4 time WDC.

Il Leone
Il Leone

Dunlay wrote:
23 Mar 2024, 20:04
Il Leone wrote:
Dunlay wrote:
23 Mar 2024, 19:49
Legacy is not a seasonal commodity that affects with inflation. Once established, it's history.
A 4 time WDC.
Yes, who is not really that highly regarded anymore and is never in the discussion when talking about the greats.

Dunlay
Dunlay

Il Leone wrote:
23 Mar 2024, 20:05
Dunlay wrote:
Il Leone wrote:

A 4 time WDC.
Yes, who is not really that highly regarded anymore and is never in the discussion when talking about the greats.
History would be more kinder than the present. That's the general rule.

Il Leone
Il Leone

Dunlay wrote:
23 Mar 2024, 20:08
Il Leone wrote:
Dunlay wrote:
A 4 time WDC.
History would be more kinder than the present. That's the general rule.
Had he not lost out to Ricciardo & Leclerc history would have been kinder to him.

RonMexico
RonMexico

Zxeros wrote:
23 Mar 2024, 18:58
Toto is lucky to still have a job, what a disastarous job he has done.
Is he going to fire himself? He owns a third of the team.

It's an engineering issue and probably arrogance

Mosin123
Mosin123

Il Leone wrote:
Dunlay wrote:
Il Leone wrote:

A 4 time WDC.
Vettel is still considered one of the top 10 drivers in f1 history. MSC is still considered one too, even though he got easily beaten by Rosberg. History doesnt get deleted because some one ages.

RonMexico
RonMexico

Mosin123 wrote:
23 Mar 2024, 20:38
Il Leone wrote:
Dunlay wrote:
A 4 time WDC.
Vettel is still considered one of the top 10 drivers in f1 history. MSC is still considered one too, even though he got easily beaten by Rosberg. History doesnt get deleted because some one ages.
Depends who they are beaten by

Il Leone
Il Leone

Mosin123 wrote:
23 Mar 2024, 20:38
Il Leone wrote:
Dunlay wrote:
A 4 time WDC.
It doesn't get deleted but it certainly gets questioned, even Schumacher's legacy was harmed after getting defeated by Rosberg.

zibby43
zibby43

Dunlay wrote:
23 Mar 2024, 19:33
Comparing Hamilton and Russell's performances is a moot point. Hamilton is going through the period that Schumacher and Vettel already went through. These guys have been exceptional talents and then drove dominant machines. Once they landed into ordinary equipment, they don't have the desire to try harder as they will never be happy whether they get a 4th or 5th on the grid. Russell's situation is similar to that of Rosberg in 2010+, Daniel in 2014 and Charles in 2019/20. Young upstarts out there to prove themselves against illustrious team mates. I don't think Russell is better than Hamilton in any way, but he has everything to gain by trying his absolute best in a bad car. Hamilton less so. Russell is undeniably one of the best drivers on the grid.
Nailed it.

El_KaPpa
El_KaPpa

Marcedes' car is slow on straight line and stable as a one-legged duck in corners, the back end is all over the place – a crap combination. Without confidence in your machinery, it's not worth the effort and I'm convinced Hamilton's mind is elsewhere, no matter what he says about wanting to help. The situation is pretty tense, even if it doesn't let it show.
Of course I struggle. I just don’t quit.

zibby43
zibby43

El_KaPpa wrote:
23 Mar 2024, 21:06
Marcedes' car is slow on straight line and stable as a one-legged duck in corners, the back end is all over the place – a crap combination. Without confidence in your machinery, it's not worth the effort and I'm convinced Hamilton's mind is elsewhere, no matter what he says about wanting to help. The situation is pretty tense, even if it doesn't let it show.
I can’t imagine what it must be like to go from eating filet mignon every day to dog crap. Because that’s what has effectively happened. No way it doesn’t affect someone’s long-term motivation.

I think LH still attacks each weekend the best he can (races serve as evidence of that), but as he gets older and naturally probably loses a little bit of sharpness over a single timed lap, all of the car inconsistency, experiments, instability and paper-thin setup window do him no favors.

LH seems to be trying to mold the car into something he wants, and GR seems to be driving around/just coping with the inherent dog crap DNA to get the best time out of it as-is.

In the race, on heavier fuel, the cars’ (W13 to present) worst features are more tamed, and that’s where Hamilton’s experience has shown.

organic

Toto is getting down on one knee
Wolff: Looking back on that whole year [2021], it is clear that I made some mistakes. In the way I dealt with some things. I cannot take these things back.

If you look at Max's last two years, there is no-one even close to him
question: you want to wait until Verstappen's situation is clear before appointing a new driver?

Wolff: “Yes, I am certainly prepared to do that. I want to wait for that.”
https://www.telegraaf.nl/sport/10446825 ... verstappen

Cs98
Cs98

organic wrote:
23 Mar 2024, 23:03
Toto is getting down on one knee
Wolff: Looking back on that whole year [2021], it is clear that I made some mistakes. In the way I dealt with some things. I cannot take these things back.

If you look at Max's last two years, there is no-one even close to him
question: you want to wait until Verstappen's situation is clear before appointing a new driver?

Wolff: “Yes, I am certainly prepared to do that. I want to wait for that.”
https://www.telegraaf.nl/sport/10446825 ... verstappen
He's going to need a bigger ring than he gave Susie to land Max :lol:

Elite
Elite

Il Leone wrote:
23 Mar 2024, 21:25
zibby43 wrote:
23 Mar 2024, 21:19
El_KaPpa wrote:
23 Mar 2024, 21:06
I can’t imagine what it must be like to go from eating filet mignon every day to dog crap. Because that’s what has effectively happened. No way it doesn’t affect someone’s long-term motivation.

I think LH still attacks each weekend the best he can (races serve as evidence of that), but as he gets older and naturally probably loses a little bit of sharpness over a single timed lap, all of the car inconsistency, experiments, instability and paper-thin setup window do him no favors.

LH seems to be trying to mold the car into something he wants, and GR seems to be driving around/just coping with the inherent dog crap DNA to get the best time out of it as-is.

In the race, on heavier fuel, the cars’ (W13 to present) worst features are more tamed, and that’s where Hamilton’s experience has shown.
A lot of inventing there mate, why do we need a dossier every time Lewis is outperformed? Russell is just doing better this year with a new car, it's Hamilton's job to beat his teammate, he needs to sort himself out, if he actually can of course.
Are you finished?? I opened the website and was delighted to have a few pages of the Merc thread to read. I was disappointed to find it was primarily just you trolling. The account being made 10 days ago says it all. Can the mods do something about this person who is clearly trying to rile people up. Just make a thread called "George vs Lewis" if you really need the debate to happen so you can climax when someone says Lewis is washed. Rant over

arkbird
arkbird

I don't think Lewis is washed but I fear that when he'll truly needs to go to his top gear again it won't be there anymore because he hasn't tried to reach that limit in a long time.