2022 Alpine F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
diffuser

Re: 2022 Alpine F1 Team

ringo wrote:
01 Aug 2022, 19:51
Alonso leaving is a sign that Alpine will be a very good car next year.
Alonso's luck is that every time he moves from a team the car gets better.
Alpine have a good car, the engine is new but seems reliable and powerful enough.
The enstone guys make good chassis.
Alonso may be leaving at the wrong time.
I see Apline as a better tem than Aston Martin now and a better team next year
Yep, Ferrari have one every championship since he left. When he went from Minardi to Renault was a move to a shitty car too? Oh and when he jumped from Renault to McLaren that was a shiity car in that year with Hamilton? He had good cars in many of the Ferrari years. You don't come close to winning if you don't.

Facts are
1 Alpine are having Money issues. They're selling off some stocks that they bough back last year...Could be why they couldn't resign Alonso. Budget Cap will likely go up next year. They haven't been able to meet it this year, they will likely not be able to do it next.

2 - Most of the technical people that AMR have been picking up, 2023 will be their first car @AMR.

3 - AMR has money is spades

After that, it's just a cr@p shoot which car will be better in the years to come.

For me being a Canadian having my Favourite driver come to a Canadian team, it's a dream come true! I just hope he teaches Lance a few things and just doesn't Vandoorne him!

I love "Paella Valenciana".
Last edited by diffuser on 01 Aug 2022, 20:22, edited 1 time in total.

The Prodigy
The Prodigy

ringo wrote:
Alpine have a good car, the engine is new but seems reliable and powerful enough.
Engine is good and not the bottleneck but still nobody wants it on the grid. Chassis is definitely a very good foundation and I am impressed with their work. They understand the car and their updates are doing what they should do.

But the team is like a poor version of Ferrari when it comes to strategy and execution.

Ocon has not the potential to be a world champion and he is definitely not Norris/Russel/Leclerc material.

If they really believe in Piastri then they should have signed him and gave Alonso a two year + one contract. In this case Piastri would benefit from Alonso’s massive experience. You can complain about Alonso not being a team player in the past and so on. But we also have to admit that he was a big team player since he joined Alpine.

Fernando was even to nice in my opinion with all the bullshit that the team has fabricated on track. On top of that Ocons stupid behavior. The only reason Ocons driving has not resulted in crash’s (like Perez for example) is because of Alonso’s magical car control.

draghixa
draghixa

ringo wrote:
Please tell me which car/team get better after Alonso left? Minardi? No. Renault07? No. Mclaren08? Not really. Renault10? No. Ferrari15? Not really. Mclaren19? No.

NAPI10
NAPI10

Alonsismo wrote:
01 Aug 2022, 14:28
Otmar turned alpine from a promising team, into Force India 2.0.
a mediocre team that will be for years a mediocre midfield team...

This is very bad for alpine...
Otmar is neither a 'Visionary' nor a 'Task Master'; he is more of a 'Care-Taker' kind of character.
He can't take this team any forward.

ringo

draghixa wrote:
01 Aug 2022, 20:22
ringo wrote:
Please tell me which car/team get better after Alonso left? Minardi? No. Renault07? No. Mclaren08? Not really. Renault10? No. Ferrari15? Not really. Mclaren19? No.
Okay:
Mclaren - 2008 Car, better than Renault car
Ferrari - 2015 car better than Mclaren car
Mclaren -2020 car better than no car
Alpine - 2023 car will be better than Aston Martin 2023 car
For Sure!!

Jolle
Jolle

ringo wrote:
01 Aug 2022, 21:52
draghixa wrote:
ringo wrote:
Okay:
Mclaren - 2008 Car, better than Renault car
Ferrari - 2015 car better than Mclaren car
Mclaren -2020 car better than no car
Alpine - 2023 car will be better than Aston Martin 2023 car
Even worse, good chance that all of his former teams are in front of AM next year.

ringo

:lol:
Alonso will be at Williams or Andreti F-1 team fighting to get out of Q1 by the time he is 45.
For Sure!!

Big Tea

ringo wrote:
01 Aug 2022, 22:27
:lol:
Alonso will be at Williams or Andreti F-1 team fighting to get out of Q1 by the time he is 45.
OR, he may be the lead driver for team Alonso. (he can do it)
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

JPower
JPower

draghixa wrote:
ringo wrote:
The SF-15 and MCL34 were absolutely better than the year before. Seb won 3 races with the former, and Sainz powered McLaren to best of the rest in the latter. While the '08 McLaren wasn't "better", he likely would've been in contention for another championship given the mistakes Lewis and Massa made that year.

JordanMugen

The Prodigy wrote:
01 Aug 2022, 20:19
If they really believe in Piastri then they should have signed him
Who's to say they are not going to do that? :D

The rumours of Piastri to McLaren (and Ricciardo to Alpine) seem unlikely, so the most likely outcomes seem like Piastri to Alpine and Sargeant to Williams.

Alonsismo wrote:
01 Aug 2022, 15:57
i had a lot of hope in december 2020.
but sinve de arrival of Otmar and the leaving of Prost... ive been losing all hope.
The important technical people like Pat Fry are still there however, even if Prost, Alonso & Abiteboul are not, and the developments are trucking along nicely, so it is not a disaster for Alpine by any means. :)

diffuser

JordanMugen wrote:
02 Aug 2022, 02:06
The Prodigy wrote:

The rumours of Piastri to McLaren (and Ricciardo to Alpine) seem unlikely, so the most likely outcomes seem like Piastri to Alpine and Sargeant to Williams.

Alonsismo wrote:
but sinve de arrival of Otmar and the leaving of Prost... ive been losing all hope.
The important technical people like Pat Fry are still there however, even if Prost, Alonso & Abiteboul are not, and the developments are trucking along nicely, so it is not a disaster for Alpine by any means. :)
Depends on who the driver is and how well he does. If it's Piastri, there is a 50% chance or more that he will struggle at many tracks the first year, just cause he hasn't driven at them. It also depends on how well Ocon can lead.

JordanMugen

diffuser wrote:
02 Aug 2022, 02:33
If it's Piastri, there is a 50% chance or more that he will struggle
Just because there are two options (a rookie excelling or struggling), doesn't make it a 50% (or less!) probability of excelling. :wink:

Alpine will have Piastri's data to guide their view on the probability of Piastri's driving being competent and Piastri has (as permitted) been testing the older-generation Alpines which presumably have similar driving characteristics to the new-generation one. :)

diffuser

JordanMugen wrote:
02 Aug 2022, 02:37
diffuser wrote:
02 Aug 2022, 02:33
If it's Piastri, there is a 50% chance or more that he will struggle
Just because there are two options (a rookie excelling or struggling), doesn't make it a 50% (or less!) probability of excelling. :wink:

Alpine will have Piastri's data to guide their view on the probability of Piastri's driving being competent and Piastri has (as permitted) been testing the older-generation Alpines which presumably have similar driving characteristics to the new-generation one. :)
Name the last rookie that didn't struggle in his first year besides Hamilton. Example, Norris had half the points that Sainz had in 2019. Then count all the ones that did and of those how few were still driving in F1 at 30.
Last edited by diffuser on 02 Aug 2022, 05:28, edited 1 time in total.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

JordanMugen wrote:
02 Aug 2022, 02:06
The Prodigy wrote:

Alonsismo wrote:
This is a bit of revisionism considering them throwing away 3 years of the previous regs cycle just for this season.
A lion must kill its prey.

Spoutnik
Spoutnik