2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
diffuser

Re: 2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Ground Effect wrote:
02 Mar 2019, 20:47
It seems to be that Renault and Mclaren are working together, arguably better than when the French marque was with Red Bull/Toro Rosso, and that can only be good for F1. However one thing for any new team or teams coming into F1 needs to see, is where those two new teams (rumoured for 2022) can do unlimited testing within Europe for a year before they hit F1 on the current Pirellis. It will give them a much better data bank and reference to come to F1 with, and a car that will not be stillborn that way the 2010 teams came into F1 with. All we would need to see is a third Honda powered car as this will give the grid symmetry on manufacturers. However if any new manufacturers come along, the 12th entry may be reserved for them, or a new team powered by them, as they may wish to take over a lower down team in F1 like Williams.
Where on Earth is all this information coming from? No way both teams are letting go of €30m EACH just for the supposed benefit of a B-team. Mclaren would kill to have that kind of investment for themselves.
[/quote]

I honestly don't know what to think of this. It sounds like something that Zak and Cyril could discuss, after a few glasses of expensive French wine or American whiskey. It's a makes for a good story, but I doubt it. McLaren is looking on how to spend less in F1.
[/quote]

€30m into McLaren would jut give you €30m. €30m into this B-Team is already 60m. Plus eventually a piece of the F1 pie ++++

It is really what McLaren needed when they brought Honda in. They should have stayed with Merc till Honda built a competitive PU with the B-Team.

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

I just realized that Carlos did a 1:17:144 on the C4 tyre, on day two of the second test. I had been thinking it was on the C5 tyre.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

bauc

Xero wrote:
01 Mar 2019, 19:13
bauc wrote:
01 Mar 2019, 19:02
That's it guys, next stop Race 1 @Melbourne.

Best preseason in the hybrid era by far, good job boys good job =D>
Absolutely. Exciting to know good progress has been made. There are plenty of unknowns with what looks to be the tightest field I can remember, should make for an epic season. If McLaren's car is as solid as a base as it appears, I'm confident they'll outdevelop the midfield through the course of the season. Finishing 4th has to be a realistic target, and would be a fantastic end result for the team. Who knows, a cheeky podium when the front runners trip over each other.
Yes I agree, and if they finish top 5 this year I will be happy, again great work by the team
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

charliesmithhd

With mission winnow reportably being removed from Ferrari, will the same happen with B.a.t sponsorship and mclaren?

the EDGE
the EDGE

charliesmithhd wrote:
03 Mar 2019, 21:46
With mission winnow reportably being removed from Ferrari, will the same happen with B.a.t sponsorship and mclaren?
I don’t think it’s been removed from the car, just the team name

_cerber1

Ground Effect wrote:
03 Mar 2019, 21:03
I just realized that Carlos did a 1:17:144 on the C4 tyre, on day two of the second test. I had been thinking it was on the C5 tyre.
https://soymotor.com/articulos/analisis ... ion-960921

C5 just does not live to the end of the circle

mclaren111

GPToday:
Red Bull official Dr Helmut Marko thinks McLaren is at the bottom of the 2019 pecking order.

"Ferrari is ahead, then it's us in front of Mercedes. And then there is the big midfield, where it will be very tight," he told Speed Week.

"McLaren and Williams are at the back," said Marko.

I really, really hope we sort our balance issue before Australia and show this Marko Asshole how much better we are compared to last year...

Then, by the Spanish GP we can challenge RBR... [-o< [-o<

_cerber1

Hope, Mclaren and Williams will make Marko take his words back.

bauc

mclaren111 wrote:
04 Mar 2019, 13:41
GPToday:
Red Bull official Dr Helmut Marko thinks McLaren is at the bottom of the 2019 pecking order.

"Ferrari is ahead, then it's us in front of Mercedes. And then there is the big midfield, where it will be very tight," he told Speed Week.

I really, really hope we sort our balance issue before Australia and show this Marko Asshole how much better we are compared to last year...

He must have seen the Autosport analysis where they say Mclaren is 2nd to last as they decided to go with size 0 in 2015 :lol: :lol: :lol:
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

Marko probably also knows what colour underwear Zak Brown is wearing at this very moment.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?

_cerber1

I wonder, the team itself probably already knows approximate layouts for the start of the season, where do they position themselves?

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

_cerber1 wrote:
04 Mar 2019, 14:30
I wonder, the team itself probably already knows approximate layouts for the start of the season, where do they position themselves?
Gil is resisting all efforts made by the media to make predictions or say where he thinks they are. You really can't fault that approach, it's a long road ahead, but it appears the first few steps are in the the right direction.

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

mclaren111 wrote:
04 Mar 2019, 13:41
GPToday:

Carlos said that some issues they were having can't be rectified without upgrades, but he didn't specify what those issues were, the balance issues maybe? If it's the case, let's hope that these upgrades are already being prepared and also hope the make it in time for Melbourne.

PowerandtheGlory
PowerandtheGlory

Mr Markko has consistently shown that when it comes to PR he took his lessons from a hand grenade. :D :D :D
“I don't believe in luck, luck is preparation and taking your opportunity” Ross Brawn

ALO_Power
ALO_Power

Don't know why an owner of a big F1 Team feels the need to throw such j@cksh1t either for other teams or his ex-drivers or other drivers in general. Only makes things worse and seems immature af, sounds like school level stuff.