Cadillac racing in F1 with Andretti

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Zynerji

Re: Cadillac racing in F1 with Andretti

Of course it's for the money.... And advertising... and Merch sales.... and ticket sales... OMG.

FW17

Mosin123 wrote:
31 May 2024, 16:47
FW17 wrote:
31 May 2024, 12:21
Mosin123 wrote:
31 May 2024, 10:16

Is money not the reason Andretti wants in? i didnt see him kicking up a fuss when teams was losing a fortune and walking a tight line between competing and bankruptcy - now they all make a nice sized profit he wants in..

its a new found dedication now f1 is in a little golden age.
That is BS, if it was the case FOM could have stipulated a no sale clause for a certain number of years.
Whats BS? that he only wants in for money? Show me where before F1 started its little golden age, Andretti trying to get into F1?
He was one of the bidders of force india. He lost out because the entire process was tailored for stroll to take over.

Zynerji

FW17 wrote:
01 Jun 2024, 02:12
Mosin123 wrote:
FW17 wrote:

That is BS, if it was the case FOM could have stipulated a no sale clause for a certain number of years.
Whats BS? that he only wants in for money? Show me where before F1 started its little golden age, Andretti trying to get into F1?
He was one of the bidders of force india. He lost out because the entire process was tailored for stroll to take over.
I bet the US DoJ that is currently investigating the matter will seriously use that as a weapon against the FIA...

cheeRS
cheeRS

RBR, Merc, and the rest of the teams want Andretti to buy an existing team for one reason: setting a comparative value for their own worth. There are estimates, but no one really knows what the teams are worth. Were Andretti to buy Williams, just for example, for $1B, it gives Horner and Wolff the ability to show that their teams are worth $3-5B. They’re both businessmen as much as team principals. And it’s a good strategy. It takes team value out from the shadows right when F1 is at its most popular. They don’t get that if Andretti just comes in as a new team. It’s just like the housing market in the US. It’s difficult to know what a home is worth if nothing has sold in your neighborhood for 10 years, so you’d love to have your neighbor’s house sell for double what you bought yours for.

Btw, the values I mentioned are example only, I’m not saying that’s what they’re actually worth.
🤭 wrote:
“Being the 'most successful statistically' has nothing to do with being the 'best'. neither when it comes to the cars, nor when it comes to the drivers” 😂

Cs98
Cs98

Zynerji wrote:
01 Jun 2024, 02:44
FW17 wrote:
Mosin123 wrote:

I bet the US DoJ that is currently investigating the matter will seriously use that as a weapon against the FIA...
The DoJ? :lol: :lol: Yeah, I'm sure they'll be all hot and bothered about F1 adopting a franchise style system. It's not like every major sports league in America does it. Or maybe they should investigate the NBA, NFL, NHL and MLB as well?

Mosin123
Mosin123

FW17 wrote:
Mosin123 wrote:
FW17 wrote:

Isnt that when f1 started its path to its current golden era? After Liberty made its plans for f1 known and values of teams, income for teams and so on started growing strongly? after budget caps and so on was introduced........ it wasnt tailored for Stroll, a good few on the grid didnt want stroll in, Andretti failed to make an acceptable offer. eg tried to get force india on the cheap. he then tried the same with Sauber, offering just half of what Audi paid........... Not a lot of determination here for some one so so keen to get into f1. and 0 intrest before teams value started to growing..........

PapayaFan481
PapayaFan481

Zynerji wrote:
FW17 wrote:
Mosin123 wrote:

The FIA?? You mean FOM surely??

taperoo2k
taperoo2k

Zynerji wrote:
FW17 wrote:
Mosin123 wrote:

No. It'll be FOM not the FIA. If anything, the FIA will see this as a chance to extract more cash out of
FOM.