2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Ground Effect
Ground Effect

Re: 2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

ALO_Power wrote:
04 Mar 2019, 16:28
Don't know why an owner of a big F1 Team feels the need to throw such j@cksh1t either for other teams or his ex-drivers or other drivers in general. Only makes things worse and seems immature af, sounds like school level stuff.
He's not even the owner, Dietrich Mateschitz owns the team. He's described as Red Bull team adviser, but he's extremely close to Dietrich and his word is more or less as good as law.... Except when it comes to Mark Webber... :D
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

Partymood
Partymood

the EDGE wrote:
03 Mar 2019, 21:52
charliesmithhd wrote:
03 Mar 2019, 21:46
With mission winnow reportably being removed from Ferrari, will the same happen with B.a.t sponsorship and mclaren?
I don’t think it’s been removed from the car, just the team name
https://mobile.twitter.com/Vetteleclerc ... 3918138368

Yes, they will.

KingHamilton01

Ground Effect wrote:
04 Mar 2019, 14:47
mclaren111 wrote:
04 Mar 2019, 13:41
GPToday:
Red Bull official Dr Helmut Marko thinks McLaren is at the bottom of the 2019 pecking order.

"Ferrari is ahead, then it's us in front of Mercedes. And then there is the big midfield, where it will be very tight," he told Speed Week.

"McLaren and Williams are at the back," said Marko.

I really, really hope we sort our balance issue before Australia and show this Marko Asshole how much better we are compared to last year...

Then, by the Spanish GP we can challenge RBR... [-o< [-o<
Carlos said that some issues they were having can't be rectified without upgrades, but he didn't specify what those issues were, the balance issues maybe? If it's the case, let's hope that these upgrades are already being prepared and also hope the make it in time for Melbourne.
Yeah could be a big ask depending on how many upgrades are needed and for both car's. Then they would need to try and find the right balance with all the upgrades and that's if they work? fingers crossed.
McLaren Mercedes

Shader

mclaren111 wrote:
04 Mar 2019, 13:41
GPToday:
Red Bull official Dr Helmut Marko thinks McLaren is at the bottom of the 2019 pecking order.

"Ferrari is ahead, then it's us in front of Mercedes. And then there is the big midfield, where it will be very tight," he told Speed Week.

"McLaren and Williams are at the back," said Marko.

I really, really hope we sort our balance issue before Australia and show this Marko Asshole how much better we are compared to last year...

Then, by the Spanish GP we can challenge RBR... [-o< [-o<
Mr. Marko is definitely suffering from delusion of grandeur. He will have a lot to take back once the season starts. It is quite interesting how these ex rivals are doing absolutely everything to keep McLaren at the back even if they don't compete anymore. They are so scared... so scared of even a possibility they might be back in the game.

Dipesh1995
Dipesh1995

Tbh, he's not gonna have many positive words for McLaren given the recent history between Red Bull and McLaren i.e Prodromou, Fallows, Key situations. But as a general guide, a giant spoon full of salt should always be taken when Marko has anything to say.

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

How's this for an intro, from Motorsport.com

After eight days of action, Formula 1 pre-season testing is over, but there's still questions to ask about the outright speed of Ferrari and Mercedes through to McLaren and Williams.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

Dipesh1995 wrote:
04 Mar 2019, 18:59
Tbh, he's not gonna have many positive words for McLaren given the recent history between Red Bull and McLaren i.e Prodromou, Fallows, Key situations. But as a general guide, a giant spoon full of salt should always be taken when Marko has anything to say.
McLaren should be more upset, they took Adrian Newey. Besides, Dan Fallows stayed on, Peter Prodromou was with McLaren, Newey took him when he left.

Dipesh1995
Dipesh1995

Ground Effect wrote:
04 Mar 2019, 19:27
Dipesh1995 wrote:
McLaren should be more upset, they took Adrian Newey. Besides, Dan Fallows stayed on, Peter Prodromou was with McLaren, Newey took him when he left.
True but the Fallows/Prodromou and Key situations weren’t as simple as you’ve put it in terms of the resultant animosity between Red Bull and McLaren.

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

Dipesh1995 wrote:
04 Mar 2019, 19:40
Ground Effect wrote:
04 Mar 2019, 19:27
Dipesh1995 wrote:
True but the Fallows/Prodromou and Key situations weren’t as simple as you’ve put it in terms of the resultant animosity between Red Bull and McLaren.
I understand your point, but the situations in each case, McLaren has more cause to be upset and bear a grudge. Dan Fallows signed a legal and binding contract with McLaren, before Red Bull turned his head. I always felt that affected McLaren badly, because Budkowski also left during that period. James Key actually had an exit clause for 2019, so they didn't do McLaren any favours.

McG

Not long to go now so let's see. Think Red Bull should be more worried about having the least powerful, least reliable and probably still the least fuel efficient engine in F1 rather than talking crap.

BTW what non Red Bull fans are actually reading what this idiot has to say. Also why repost it in here of all places.
Finally, everyone knows that Red Bull is a joke and Max Verstappen is overrated.

dr_cooke
dr_cooke

McG wrote:
04 Mar 2019, 20:27
...Think Red Bull should be more worried about having the least powerful, least reliable and probably still the least fuel efficient engine
Still I think the latter will be the most relevant aspect. Don’t really know why, but I think we’ll see a detuned Honda engine for most of the race most of the races. Maybe powerful enough for Qualy, achieving very good grid positions paired with RB exceptional chassis, but dropping back (or directly, smoking and oiling the track) thereafter

Bill
Bill

The season haven't yet started and you guys think you know something about Honda engine.
These are the facts
1 Renault used 5 engines for each team during testing
2 Renault had turbocharged reliability issues
3 Renault also has mguk clipping on a straight,effectively they run out of battery power on their race simulations which affect lap times.
Honda on the other side has used only 2 powerunit not withstanding Gasly crashes
Rbr thinks the engine is a rocket and the reliability have been supreme,they just need to make slight modifications to scale back from an aggressive packaging.

PhillipM
PhillipM

Where do you make this bullshit up Bill? Renault didn't even use 2 engines per team, never mind 5, Mclaren only had 3 shipped over.

What did they do, make them in the garage out by melting down spanners? #-o :lol:

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

PhillipM wrote:
04 Mar 2019, 21:04
Where do you make this bullshit up Bill? Renault didn't even use 2 engines per team, never mind 5, Mclaren only had 3 shipped over.

What did they do, make them in the garage out by melting down spanners? #-o :lol:
There's a story that's been doing the rounds, with quotes from Remi Taffin, (allegedly) saying that Renault F1 team used 5 engines. From what I understand, it was posted on Reddit, originating from the Spanish media. I have to mention that the name of the Spanish outlet that was quoted wasn't given, and from the comments, it appears the article was written in Dutch. (still following?) There was some dispute in interpretation saying it was Renault F1 team that used 5 engines, with no mention of McLaren. Another interpretation was that it was 5 engines between Renault works team and McLaren. Some went further with the quotes from Taffin that the engine changes was to check different variations, not for reliability. The authenticity of the article or the quotes is a big question.

McG

Is that you Helmut. :roll:
Bill wrote:
04 Mar 2019, 21:00
The season haven't yet started and you guys think you know something about Honda engine.
These are the facts
1 Renault used 5 engines for each team during testing
2 Renault had turbocharged reliability issues
3 Renault also has mguk clipping on a straight,effectively they run out of battery power on their race simulations which affect lap times.
Honda on the other side has used only 2 powerunit not withstanding Gasly crashes
Rbr thinks the engine is a rocket and the reliability have been supreme,they just need to make slight modifications to scale back from an aggressive packaging.
Finally, everyone knows that Red Bull is a joke and Max Verstappen is overrated.