2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
DoctorRadio
DoctorRadio

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

So Leclerc’s gap would have been 0.3s/lap, with a normal car.

politburo
politburo

At least we know the car is not slow, despite the tough luck in the first race we still had a double top 5 finish. It is important for now to race Perez hard for 2nd place until able to fight for wins.

I like that Vasseur really represents the team well and has reassured us.

https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-fe ... /10582466/

Let’s just have some hope.
"Nosotros diferimos, pero nosotros todos son iguales"

Vanja #66

DoctorRadio wrote:
04 Mar 2024, 13:03

So Leclerc’s gap would have been 0.3s/lap, with a normal car.
That's just linear multiplication. What about Leclerc using DRS, undercut and forcing Max to push more in his 1st stint than he did? How would that have affected his strategy? Would he still be carelessly racing himself at the front?

From Q and race telemetry it was clear Max had superior acceleration in T1-2-3, this was a good defensive PU deployment strategy in anticipation of a DRS attack between T3 and T4. They understood they will need to defend and wanted to avoid the situation from 2022 when Leclerc beat him even with slower car on straights.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Xyz22
Xyz22

I'm really upset about this mistake.

I still don't think that Leclerc would have been able to win, but I checked the laptimes from the 2023 Bahrain race and Leclerc in the first stint on the soft tyres (the most critical as you need to be quick without destroying the tyres) built a 9.7s gap in 12 laps on Sainz. Of course, we don't know what would have happened in this race as the car is indeed completely different, but yeah...
Last edited by Xyz22 on 04 Mar 2024, 15:30, edited 1 time in total.

Farnborough
Farnborough

Xyz22 wrote:
04 Mar 2024, 15:20
I'm really upset about this mistake.

I still don't think that Leclerc would have been able to win, but I checked the laptimes for the 2023 Bahrain race and Leclerc in the first stint on the soft tyres (the most critical) built a 9.7s gap in 12 laps on Sainz. Of course, we don't know what would have happened in this race as the car is indeed completely different, but yeah...
I wonder if they'll make public what exactly went wrong with the brake temperatures.

Whether that part is modified from last year (CS reported some issues too) or there's a dropout in race prediction demand to explain what happened there.

Competent result for first race in spite of their handicap from technical impairment.

JPower
JPower

Andres125sx wrote:
04 Mar 2024, 08:56
Vanja #66 wrote:
03 Mar 2024, 14:25
Andres125sx wrote:
03 Mar 2024, 14:04
Some day, you should explain the reason for your obsession with Sainz family, so frequently blaming and defaming both the father and the son, for no reason
I can only give you the same reason as ever, but you don't accept it because it doesn't fit your view of Sainz. He has bigger potential than he is showing, he keeps making small mistakes which tend to have big consequences and is always satisfied even when he objectively should have finished higher. In other words, he's bs-ing himslef into believing he's maximising his race, every single race. As a racer, that's not the attitude you want.

Sr has a toxic influence there, just like any other parent who fights the battles of their children and deprives them of a chance to grow. Telling children they are always the best and making up bs excuses why they didn't end up the best on a given occassion is a path diametrically opposite of success they want to achieve.
Then I´ll repeat you what I already said to you several times, but you don´t accept because it doesn´t fit your narrative #-o

Sainz Sr. has no power at all at Ferrari, nothing, nill, none. Full stop. He´s never been part of the team, at any category, never, so please stop blaming, defaming and insulting him, it only make you look as a child who can´t accept when his favourite is defeated. Or maybe that is accurate and the problem is I consider you more mature than you really are?

About Sainz Jr. yeah I´m sure you were expecting him winning the race, sure Vanja. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Please, do not mock the forum Vanja, any time Sainz beats Leclerc, you bash him. That is not because you were expecting him to finish higher exactly, but the other way around

Stop fooling the forum and/or yourself, you are unable to accept when Sainz finishes higher than Leclerc, and any time this happens, you derail and degrade the forum with aburd and nosense insults to him, and even to his father :o , wich is quite low, and degrade the forum to a point I can´t understand how moderators allow it
Pretty accurate assessment there.

I can go back to any of the previous team threads and pull up other posts to support the same.

F1Technical is now home to the analysis of an engineer and gossip like TMZ. :lol:

dr_cooke
dr_cooke

Last 19 races have been won in a row by two drivers: Sáinz and Verstappen. 9.5 each on avg. Remarkable achievement.

;-D

AnotherAlex
AnotherAlex

dr_cooke wrote:
04 Mar 2024, 16:12
Last 19 races have been won in a row by two drivers: Sáinz and Verstappen. 9.5 each on avg. Remarkable achievement.
:lol:
With utmost respect to both of them, the reality is a little depressing.

---

Damon Hill's job is to say something.
It's a shame he's not still driving, then he wouldn't have derailed this thread with his asinine analysis.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

AnotherAlex wrote:
04 Mar 2024, 16:43
dr_cooke wrote:

---

It's a shame he's not still driving, then he wouldn't have derailed this thread with his asinine analysis.

Ferrari was reportedly only 3 tenths behind on Rb's best track after correcting for Leclerc's brake issues and Verstappen pushed in Bahrain:
Vanja #66 wrote:
04 Mar 2024, 10:17
chrisc90 wrote:
03 Mar 2024, 15:04
Different tyres, but I think I merged the 2 charts right from 2023 and 2024 in photoshop.

https://i.ibb.co/6s5y3q5/Screenshot-202 ... 125719.jpg
Great stuff! This is the best visual way to show how much more Max was pushing this year, stints 2 and 3 were stunning. Max is mad about racing himself, I respect him for that. He has the equipment and he does not intend to waste it!

Based on this, it should be a competitive season. When the track favors Ferrari they could be ahead of RB in race pace and that's before you consider any updates that Ferrari brings and the extra windtunnel time that they have.

I'm not sure where all the doom and gloom is coming from on the forum. Bahrain is not a representative circuit. Ferrari nearly won it in 2019 and we know how that season went.

SoulPancake13
SoulPancake13

AR3-GP wrote:
04 Mar 2024, 16:47
AnotherAlex wrote:
dr_cooke wrote:

---

Ferrari was reportedly only 3 tenths behind on Rb's best track after correcting for Leclerc's brake issues and Verstappen pushed in Bahrain:
Vanja #66 wrote:
chrisc90 wrote:
Different tyres, but I think I merged the 2 charts right from 2023 and 2024 in photoshop.

Great stuff! This is the best visual way to show how much more Max was pushing this year, stints 2 and 3 were stunning. Max is mad about racing himself, I respect him for that. He has the equipment and he does not intend to waste it!

Based on this, it should be a competitive season. When the track favors Ferrari they could be ahead of RB in race pace and that's before you consider any updates that Ferrari brings and the extra windtunnel time that they have.

I'm not sure where all the doom and gloom is coming from on the forum. Bahrain is not a representative circuit. Ferrari nearly won it in 2019 and we know how that season went.
I think it's all up in the air right now. If Max was pushing and they were only 0.3s/lap faster, then we have a season on our hands. It is also true that Bahrain isn't representative because it's very rear limited and I think most tracks aren't really like that. Jeddah will be the big test tbh. If the new rear wing works well and they confirm the car's ability in high/medium speed, then who knows...

Xyz22
Xyz22

AR3-GP wrote:
AnotherAlex wrote:
dr_cooke wrote:

---

Vanja #66 wrote:
chrisc90 wrote:

Xyz22 wrote:
02 Mar 2024, 22:28
Considering that usually Charles is around 0.25s quicker than Sainz in Bahrain and Max was clearly managing in this race it's highly likely that the real gap is probably between 0.3s and 0.4s
No one is paying me for this :D

CouncilorIrissa
CouncilorIrissa

AR3-GP wrote:
AnotherAlex wrote:
dr_cooke wrote:

---

Vanja #66 wrote:
chrisc90 wrote:

Bahrain being RB's best track in 2023 is a little misleading imo. It's only their best track because two teams had wheelchairs instead of cars at the start of 2023. Pretty sure that's not going to be the case this year.

KimiRai
KimiRai

"In Jeddah, we can expect a new, medium-low load rear wing, which will increase straight-line efficiency and also the DRS effect."

dia6olo
dia6olo

CouncilorIrissa wrote:
04 Mar 2024, 17:16
AR3-GP wrote:
AnotherAlex wrote:

---

Vanja #66 wrote:

Bahrain being RB's best track in 2023 is a little misleading imo. It's only their best track because two teams had wheelchairs instead of cars at the start of 2023. Pretty sure that's not going to be the case this year.
Kind of agree with this but do still feel that many are exaggerating Red Bulls advantage for that same reason, I feel the advantage a lot perceive in 2024 is based on the advantage they had in 2023, I think many are ignoring that the size of that advantage owed a lot to the fact that their usual two nearest rivals turned up with flawed cars, cars that remained flawed all year, even if they were less flawed by season end.

CouncilorIrissa
CouncilorIrissa

dia6olo wrote:
04 Mar 2024, 18:26
CouncilorIrissa wrote:
04 Mar 2024, 17:16
AR3-GP wrote:

Kind of agree with this but do still feel that many are exaggerating Red Bulls advantage for that same reason, I feel the advantage a lot perceive in 2024 is based on the advantage they had in 2023, I think many are ignoring that the size of that advantage owed a lot to the fact that their usual two nearest rivals turned up with flawed cars, cars that remained flawed all year, even if they were less flawed by season end.
I'm mostly drawing my conclusions from how ridiculously good their car is in high-speed corners in race trim compared to everyone else. I fail to see how Saudi Arabia will be any better.

RB20 was equal to the SF24 quali in T11-T13, yet took off in the race in the same section. And it does not look like anyone has a clue of what to do about it. I'm not sure that "just slap moar downforce" is the answer at this point, but the answer to this question is best left to people who have more clue about these cars than me.