2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
dxpetrov
dxpetrov

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

godlameroso wrote:
04 Jun 2021, 20:24
I wonder what Max meant when he said their setup changes went backwards in FP2.
The only visible thing was the rear wing. In FP2, RB used the one with even less downforce, not having the flap along the upper edge.

godlameroso

dxpetrov wrote:
04 Jun 2021, 21:34
godlameroso wrote:
The only visible thing was the rear wing. In FP2, RB used the one with even less downforce, not having the flap along the upper edge.
I noticed that going too low on downforce is slower, because you lose more in the corners than you gain on the straights. There's a crossover, running slightly less wing that in Bahrain seems to be the fastest compromise. You also have to consider tire wear and how that's going to affect balance so perhaps a bit more rear downforce is the way to go.

If you can get the diffuser working more consistently at lower speeds perhaps you can make that lower downforce compromise, and may have been the logic behind the setup tweaks? If so, it's good news because the car is already in a really good place and he just needs to execute when it counts.
Saishū kōnā

etusch

Wouter wrote:
04 Jun 2021, 20:58
RBR made their rearwing less flexible. Is it enough?

Horned had said that Merc got worse test results than RBR. Probably they are doing lying/mind games agian. Also they think RBR lost more than them if there is more restriction.

TNTHead

Kingshark wrote:
04 Jun 2021, 18:57
wowgr8 wrote:
04 Jun 2021, 12:57
Holding out for a potential reliability fix? I don't think waiting for 1, 2 maybe 3 races longer will make a big performance difference, unless the engine goes boom of course
That’s what I’m thinking too. Honda have been running with a detuned engine since the Bahrain race.

Let’s hope for a reliability fix on spec 2.
AMuS says that RB/Honda will switch to a new PU on saturday: 'Aus dem Team war zu hören, dass Honda am Samstag auch auf neue Antriebseinheiten umstellen wird.'
https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/for ... un-zeiten/

godlameroso

etusch wrote:
04 Jun 2021, 22:18
Wouter wrote:

Horned had said that Merc got worse test results than RBR. Probably they are doing lying/mind games agian. Also they think RBR lost more than them if there is more restriction.
You kind of have to wonder, why with DRS open the wing doesn't pop back up to the original height. If the wing is flexing, you'd figure if the load drops it would "un-flex" right?

*edit, actually it does pop back up a little.
Saishū kōnā

godlameroso

Verstappen, on the other hand, complained of balance problems in the afternoon. The front axle did not stick as desired. "We made a small change in the setup, but the impact was huge. Unbelievable how sensitive these cars are,"

I see. I wonder if it's a matter of timing the weight transfer.
Saishū kōnā

Sieper

But track temp&evolution? Wouldn’t that in itself upset a cars set-up (result)?

JordanMugen

godlameroso wrote:
His setup, but Perez seemed hooked up which was very impressive. =D>

etusch

godlameroso wrote:
04 Jun 2021, 23:36
etusch wrote:
Wouter wrote:

You kind of have to wonder, why with DRS open the wing doesn't pop back up to the original height. If the wing is flexing, you'd figure if the load drops it would "un-flex" right?

*edit, actually it does pop back up a little.
After rewatching it with carefully I also realised that it goes up and deleted that part of comment.

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Very impressive from Perez, he seems to be inching closer and closer to Max in terms of single lap pace... Tomorrow is when it counts, but his progression is undeniable

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sieper

It is deniable. On some tracks he gets it right and if Max doesn’t he can be close. Some people have written him off already, and now after 1 FP2 he is inching close? He has always been quite good here. Let’s see what tomorrow brings. Could indeed be his second good qualy in 6 races.

etusch

Sieper wrote:
05 Jun 2021, 01:09
It is deniable. On some tracks he gets it right and if Max doesn’t he can be close. Some people have written him off already, and now after 1 FP2 he is inching close? He has always been quite good here. Let’s see what tomorrow brings. Could indeed be his second good qualy in 6 races.
I would say that if Redbull car works good he is good but if car needs different things to be fast then he is a stranger for the car who don't know tricks of the car and Verstappen is old well known friend. Look at Ricci's situation. He is definitely a fast driver but he also stranger for mclaren car.

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Sieper wrote:It is deniable. On some tracks he gets it right and if Max doesn’t he can be close. Some people have written him off already, and now after 1 FP2 he is inching close? He has always been quite good here. Let’s see what tomorrow brings. Could indeed be his second good qualy in 6 races.
That’s why I meant progression... He is getting better and better in the RB... Not saying that he is beating Max...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JordanMugen

I like how Red Bull have integrated the rear wing deflection stickers into the Honda logo. Very smart!

RZS10

etusch wrote:
Horner had said that Merc got worse test results than RBR.
I only found a quote of him saying "if anything, around here, looks at bit worse than ours". so that's strictly about the difference between the visible deflection of their own lowDF and Merc's highDF wing (and not about any test results).