Ferrari SF-24 speculation

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Xyz22
Xyz22

Re: Ferrari SF-24 speculation

Vanja #66 wrote:
22 Jan 2024, 12:18
Curious, Nugnes suggest S-duct is kept, which is very interesting if true. On the other hand, Formu1a.uno suggest they will have a wider cannon outlet. From what we've seen so far, these two concepts don't really mix together, so I don't think we will actually see both.
Duchessa is also confirming Nugnes report about S Ducts.

"There will be S- Ducts"?
"Yes"

Cs98
Cs98

Vanja #66 wrote:
22 Jan 2024, 12:18
Curious, Nugnes suggest S-duct is kept, which is very interesting if true. On the other hand, Formu1a.uno suggest they will have a wider cannon outlet. From what we've seen so far, these two concepts don't really mix together, so I don't think we will actually see both.
The introduction of a cannon exit (considering they basically had none before) is interesting. Suggests a switch in philosophy from using extensive cooling slots in the bodywork to a more RB style approach of letting the air come out the back and using less cooling slots. Might also see them move some of the bulk from the sidepod to the engine cover.

gordonthegun

jumpingfish

Remember that tweet. In February we will see if they really have reliable information about the SF-24 from their sources in Maranello. It's a good opportunity to see their credibility.

scuderiabrandon

jumpingfish wrote:
22 Jan 2024, 16:14
Remember that tweet. In February we will see if they really have reliable information about the SF-24 from their sources in Maranello. It's a good opportunity to see their credibility.
Formu1a.uno is the most reliable source we have for all things considering Ferrari.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Has the car name been confirmed?

CouncilorIrissa
CouncilorIrissa

AR3-GP wrote:Has the car name been confirmed?
Can’t wait for them to name it SF95.

Venturiation
Venturiation

jumpingfish wrote:
Archived
https://web.archive.org/web/20240122145 ... 6-project/

jumpingfish

scuderiabrandon wrote:
22 Jan 2024, 16:29
jumpingfish wrote:
Formu1a.uno is the most reliable source we have for all things considering Ferrari.
I agree. And if this will be confirmed, it means that the engineers/employees are not keeping their mouths shut and I am afraid that confidential information may be leaked ahead of time not only to journalists, but also to engineers from other teams. :(

scuderiabrandon

jumpingfish wrote:
22 Jan 2024, 17:09
scuderiabrandon wrote:
jumpingfish wrote:
I agree. And if this will be confirmed, it means that the engineers/employees are not keeping their mouths shut and I am afraid that confidential information may be leaked ahead of time not only to journalists, but also to engineers from other teams. :(
organic wrote:
19 Jan 2024, 02:54
Andi76 wrote:
19 Jan 2024, 02:40
gordonthegun wrote:
15 Jan 2024, 18:32

I wonder how this guy can know all these things.

The translated tweet says a lot more. Why should we believe him?

Translation (by Google and me, the Spanish GP is that of 2023):

(Snipped quote)
All these journalists who claim to know what kind of front wing, gearbox, sidepods, suspension or whatever the new Ferrari has or how much less weight it has or doesn't have - that's all completely stupid talk, sorry. These people just make stuff up because they don't know anything but have pages to fill. Funnily enough, you only hear such things about the new Ferraris, but not about the new Red Bull, Mercedes or McLaren, Aston Martin etc. In an F1 team there are only a handful of engineers who actually know all the details about the car from front to back and these people don't blab this to journalists. And I can only repeat it - especially at Ferrari there are very strict contracts and an engineer needs permission to speak to the press at all. But either way - these senior engineers, just like the other teams, don't willingly tell everything about the car that will be presented in four weeks and is top secret. So sorry if I have to say it again - but these journalists who pretend to know all sorts of things are all vapor talkers who write made-up things. Because they don't know anything, just like nobody knows what the new Red Bull looks like. It's just the typical annual storytelling of Italian journalists who exploit the emotions of the millions of Ferrari fans in order to "make a splash".
What do you make of them getting fed info from Ferrari during the season then? How else do they release info about engine penalties, causes of DNFs, reasons behind pace issues in a session etc well before anyone else? There is clearly a special relationship

The same goes for formu1a.uno and AT, the only other Italian team. They reported immediately after Singapore that the rb19 suspension was brought; lo and behold they admit it at abu dhabi. Now they write articles like this about Alpha Tauri in the off-season : "the first Racing Bulls car will have, in addition to the pull rod front suspension of the RB19, sidepods that are an evolution of those seen on the AT04 but with characteristics taken from Mclaren and Aston Martin ". I'm happy to revisit this if it proves wrong

AMuS and Alpine seem to have a similar relationship - willing to spill inside info on a select basis but nonetheless info that most publications would in no way have access to.

So I disagree that it's only Ferrari this happens with.

I agree Re: the off-season that it is prime time of year to take advantage of hopeful sentiment of the tifosi (and the same goes for every team), and that they are certainly capitalising on this. However I don't think all of their takes are so unbelievable. With one question you can ask: will the undercut be larger? And a vague answer like "yes, more like rb" can tell you many things: they have less outwashing sidepods, more undercut, anti-intrusion cone must be incorporated into the floor, must adopt a more conventional outer fence to compensate for less wake control from sidepod.. you see how it might happen? But it's not plucked out of thin air in my opinion

One final example: was it not in 2021 that none other than Nunges and Motorsport Italy reported that the F1-75 would have a triangular airbox? Yeah . Nothing ever leaks
Organic did a good post discussng their partnership

Xyz22
Xyz22

jumpingfish wrote:
22 Jan 2024, 17:09
scuderiabrandon wrote:
jumpingfish wrote:
This happens all the time. Sainz said that they knew Aston did a massive jump for the 2023 season.
We get only a small "part" of the leaks.

In any event, it seems Nugnes is cooking this off season :D 13/02 will now if he was indeed right with his reports.

jambuka
jambuka

AR3-GP wrote:
22 Jan 2024, 16:51
Has the car name been confirmed?
It needs to be F2024.

FDD
FDD

jumpingfish wrote:
They (journalists) don't have sources which are ready to tell them details, any.
Maybe at best they can get info like "we are working on the front wing" or "on the hallo" and that means nothing.
If some of their "info" will become right, that mean they were good on guessing.
The best discussions regarding Ferrari till now I saw on https://www.youtube.com/@Newsf1It
Also I think that https://www.funoanalisitecnica.com/ and https://formu1a.uno/ are good sources of info for Ferrari and F1 in general when we talk about web portals in Italia.

FDD
FDD

According to Zander Arcari:
"Although Maranello 's engineers and technicians designed the car with the aim of making it as fast as possible, attention was paid to the Monegasque's instructions."
If this is right that also means non equity for the drivers, which is absolutely excellent, according to me.

Vanja #66

DoctorRadio wrote:
22 Jan 2024, 13:08
Fomu1auno also mentions something never used before around the Halo

That's just new geometry for the flow conditioners also seen in Barcelona and later.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie