A1 G.P.

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
ranger
ranger

even with traction control...I think Shimoda would not stop crashing :lol:
You never know what's going to happen. - Daniel

joseff

Did anyone notice that some drivers commented about the cars being "big"? And these are mostly experienced formula racers.

I just found out that the cars are actually wider than F1. 1,920mm at the back, 1,780 at the front. They're bigger than GP2 cars, but less powerful and slightly heavier (600kg A1 vs 585 GP2, both no fuel & no driver).

Also, I can't find info on a1gp.com regarding the nationality requirement of the drivers. eg. Graham Rahal joined team Lebanon. Surely he's a US citizen?

Scuderia_Russ

Something to do with his bloodline no doubt. Same reason the born in England Ralph Firman can drive for Ireland.

ranger
ranger

no doubt a GP2 car is lighter....actually, it was the A1 engine that made it heavy....it's 120kg

Tom

Ex Indy and CART drivers should have more experience then, I hear that their cars are much heavier than Euro series and F1.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

ranger
ranger

if your a fat guy sitting in a CART and IRl car...the car probaly won't move..it's too heavy :lol:

Tom

This does not seem to apply in NASCAR, they seem to have some really big drivers in their who would not fit in an F1 machine.

Also the merchanics are often more dimensional. There is an interesting clip somewhere of a merchanic attempting a cartwheel, with hilariouse conciquences.

Saying that however, they have their share of 60KG Raikonen style 'save weight, gain places' drivers
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

m3_lover

I believe in Nascar, all the pit guys on each team do all the work for free, they do not get paid at all, and yes there are some big drivers in nascar but there are also some pretty fit guys, Jeff Gordon and other racers, I remember when they had that Williams and Nascar race, that JEff Gordon did a respectable time in a F1 car with no experience.
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

Deano
Deano

Can you believe how --- A1 is if you want proper motorsport watch F1 :evil:

Lauda
Lauda

For sure A1GP is more exciting then F1, mainly because Jos Verstappen is a driver in A1GP. F1 needs somebody like him

m3_lover

I live in Canada and I have not seen one A1 Gp race, has anybody seen the races?
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

johny

yes i've seen almost all races and it's very exciting racing

Scuderia_Russ

Deano wrote:Can you believe how --- A1 is if you want proper motorsport watch F1 :evil:
How colourful.

Jason

Team France is already the champion is the 1st season of the world Cup of motorsport.

Gratz for the drivers:
Alexander Premat
Nicholas LaPierre =D> =D> =D>
Never regret what you do, but only regret what you don't do. - Jenson Button
http://batracer.com/-1FrontPage.htm?LW

Lightspeed

Lauda wrote:For sure A1GP is more exciting then F1, mainly because Jos Verstappen is a driver in A1GP. F1 needs somebody like him
:lol: :lol: :lol: