A1 G.P.

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
Scuderia_Russ

A1 G.P.

If you have the chance, get hold of a copy of this weeks Autosport because it comes with a free dvd showing the progress of the new A1 G.P. series to be launched in September. It looks absoloutely superb, quite looking forward to it now!
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

bcsolutions

Did you happen to catch Jason Plato testing the new car on 5th gear? He was out in Dubai at their newly constructed internation racing circuit. Looks good.

Scuderia_Russ

Yes i did see it. Shame everyone was so scared about him bending it. Did i also hear him correctly when he said that he thought the new Dubai circuit was the most technically challenging that he had ever raced on? A friend and i are going to see the opening round at Brands Hatch in September. Tickets are only £29 when you book them in advance and it is supported by the Thoroughbred Grand Prix, Parmer Audi, G.T. Invitation race, MSV and Formula Fords. Quite a good programme for the ticket price if you ask me.
-Henry Ford-

bcsolutions

Yes he did say that all though he seemed under duress at times during the program! Its frustrating when journalist racing drivers are invited to test cars but aren't given access to all of the cars capabilities. What i though was unusual was that although Plato is a renowned racing driver, the basis of the report was to see if the A1GP car offered the same thrills as an F1 car, i have never seen Plato in an F1 car!

I think i'm gonna see how things develop this year before booking tickets, i hope the sport can attract some driving talent!

Scuderia_Russ

I'm sure i've read about him doing a few laps in a Jordan. Let's hope he and SEAT are up to scratch this year to hold up English honours against Muller.
-Henry Ford-

A1GP
A1GP

**removed** (become a member and we can talk :roll: )

bcsolutions

Scuderia_Russ wrote:I'm sure i've read about him doing a few laps in a Jordan. Let's hope he and SEAT are up to scratch this year to hold up English honours against Muller.
Agreed. I think BTCC is an excellent platform for driving talent, i know people complain about the fact that the cars do not (and can not) offer the same performance as DTM or Oz V8 supercars, BTCC is still a unique challenge. The engines are inlet and rev restricted and still make nigh on 300hp from a N/A 2.0l 4 pot. To my mind these engines can't be very tractable and i guess that it takes a decent amount of skill to get the best out of them. Tie this to the understeery nature of a large(ish) FWD car and you have a fairly challenging car to drive quickly. I also love the fact that BTCC is still a "contact" motorsport!

Sorry to digress..........

Scuderia_Russ

The B.T.C.C. has a good chance of winning more fans with some people still disillousioned with F1, and by showing a few races live this year. To be honest i'm looking forward to thw W.T.C.C. more than B.T.C.C. purely because of the number of great drivers. In fact, i'd rather watch W.T.C.'s than the DTM and the first race hasn't even kicked off yet!
-Henry Ford-

joseff

Oz V8s any day! :) The Adelaide 500 was AWESOME!

joseff

sorry for the OOT post... regarding the A1GP, I sincerely wish they would *at least* get StarTV (or other regional cable) live coverage.

Of course ideally they would get free-to-air and give Bernie a run for his money :)

i'm so excited about this new series, if you want further information visit http://www.a1mania.com it has a very complete forum.

also prices are so low compared with F1, racing will be so close and loads of overtaking.

stevegek
stevegek

A1GP!

is it just me or is there a huge gap in his top air intake?

Anyway im REALY excited. Too bad theyr not coming to Zandvoort(Netherlands) :(
Meep - Meep.

Monstrobolaxa
Monstrobolaxa

What gap?....the engine cover isn't on the car...that's why you see the sky! :lol:

manchild
manchild

I thought that too but engine cover comes over airbox and there is no airbox on the picture either :shock:

Why would a driver be sitting in with aibox taken off... I don't get it :?

Spencifer_Murphy

it could b that the engine cover intergrates the airbox in its design...i don't know this for a fact...but it could b that.
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.