Ferrari LaFerrari

Breaking news, useful data or technical highlights or vehicles that are not meant to race. You can post commercial vehicle news or developments here.
Please post topics on racing variants in "other racing categories".
autogyro
autogyro

Re: Ferrari F150

Cant see how anyone would like a car with a powertrain that tries to be all things to everybody and fails miserably.
High performance IC, Hybrid, electric?
It only meets emission levels because Fiat make the 500 and it balances the figures.
There is more gearing in it than a powerstation.

Holm86

Very good looking car. But that name its so tacky!!! Why not just the F70? Who is in charge of Ferrari model names?? They have run out of ideas ...

stez90
stez90

that thing has nothing to do with ferrari.. it's a render from an indipendent designer... great work, btw
http://www.carbodydesign.com/2012/12/fe ... e-concept/

variante

Holm86 wrote:Why not just the F70? Who is in charge of Ferrari model names?? They have run out of ideas ...
run out of ideas? They always named their cars with numbers representing cars' figures...

If you ask me, they named it that way to give a decisive kick to their competitors (McLaren especially). Of course they are sure to prevail, otherwise they wouldn't risk Ferrari name that way.
I can't explain otherwise the awful choice.

autogyro
autogyro

Desperation I call it.
It looks bulky and the powertrain reminds me of a block of flats made out of gears.
0 to 62 in under four seconds?
So what. F1 car 0 to 100 and stop?
This figure will be using the IC engine and full Kers input, any modern supercar with bolted on Kers would do a similar figure.
The point is you cannot use the IC engine in European Cities because of the emission regulations.
Ferrari have the unfair benefit of the Fiat 500 on that issue.
The regulations take the manufacturers average output which in Fiats case uses the fugures from the Fiat 500 to balance this thing.

We will see ever more desperate marketing from Ferrari as it tries to justify its existance in the new world.
What point is there in a rich person buying this just to look guilty driving around town using the electric motors?
BS baffles brains is all this is.

ringo

Now i'd spend a million bucks on this car!

I think the name suggests that this is the definitive Ferrari. The essence of Ferrari.
Love the adjustable pedal box. Mclaren's jaw is probably on the floor now. But there are somethings i like about the P1 nontheless. It's not a flashy, but it seems to be less compromised for styling.
For Sure!!

bhall
bhall

Listen. You don't even really have to watch.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRsV6YpLsKA[/youtube]

mikep99
mikep99

ringo wrote:Now i'd spend a million bucks on this car!

I think the name suggests that this is the definitive Ferrari. The essence of Ferrari.
Love the adjustable pedal box. Mclaren's jaw is probably on the floor now. But there are somethings i like about the P1 nontheless. It's not a flashy, but it seems to be less compromised for styling.
Wonder what he is thinking ???

Nando
Nando

Re: Ferrari LaFerrari

=D>
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

Tyler
Tyler

How does the Ferrari compare with the P1 performance wise (what's known so far at least)?

FoxHound

mikep99 wrote:Wonder what he is thinking ???
"look at that obscene red paint", "how can they get away with such huge shut lines".

I reckon Mr R Ond Ennis is on the customer list, his name as typed formerly, to confuse the bean counters when they £1m crash lands into Ferrari's(or is that FIAT's?) bank.
Once said car is purchased it will be whisked away by private plane to Woking, via Zurich and then Paris so as to not arouse any suspicion.

Upon arrival at Woking, the LaFerrari(this name..... :?: ) will be de constructed in clinical fashion with a fine tooth-comb as Mr Dennis looks on stroking a white cat, or possible not(Fur, it's banned at MTC).

Said deconstruction will reveal some production ploys and secrets, and McLaren can then apply this to the production of their very own LaMcLaren(oooo messy) P1.

It is also worth noting that Mr Dennis is well known to be averse to anything Red or Italian. The very real bravery of the man to confront his demons should be applauded.
I salute LaFerrari(but not it's nomenclature), and I salute Ron Dennis(even if Fur is banned at MTC.
JET set

elFranZ

autogyro wrote:Desperation I call it.
We will see ever more desperate marketing from Ferrari as it tries to justify its existance in the new world.
What point is there in a rich person buying this just to look guilty driving around town using the electric motors?
BS baffles brains is all this is.
499 models already sold out, before it was even unveiled.

2012 - best year EVER in sales, over 7000 supercars sold worldwide.

these are the facts. so, no matter what we poor guys think, they have to justify nothing to you and me. Numers talk by themselves.

By the way, I think "LaFerrari" is not even a name, that's pure marketing.

Kiril Varbanov

Don't you just love the competition between Mclaren and Ferrari? Well done, guys, keep them coming.
The name of the latest red horse, well ... it could have been other, better one, in my humble view.
I could offer Ferrari's Marketing Dept: Essence, RossoVortice, Predatore, MilleCavalli, etc :)

autogyro
autogyro

499 models already sold out, before it was even unveiled.

2012 - best year EVER in sales, over 7000 supercars sold worldwide.

these are the facts. so, no matter what we poor guys think, they have to justify nothing to you and me. Numers talk by themselves.

By the way, I think "LaFerrari" is not even a name, that's pure marketing.
Not exactly mass production numbers is it.

Have you got any figures on profitability?
Focused just on Ferrari that is not Fiat, they can afford a loss.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

That is one ugly car. Just plain, old fashioned, ugly.

The underbody aero stuff is interesting but the rest of it is so ugly.

Did I mention that I don't like the look of it?
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.