BAR

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
Aradea
Aradea

Thanks Guys for the answer, it really helps.
Scarbs, I want to ask U something. They said that BAR Concept Car Got the rear end, engine, and the gearbox for the 006 car. When they said rear end, does it includes the rear wing etc. (the whole backside of the car) or just the back of the car without the rear wing like the diffuser or anything else ? (forgive me, I'm not a technical guy, I just Love The Sport).

Thanks A Lot

scarbs
scarbs

its just the mechanical parts, engine, gearbox rear suspension. All bodywork or structural stuff is simply modified to make the new stuff fit.

SpeedTech
SpeedTech

I also read that the '03 BAR 005's wheelbase is 3050mm. Well I'd say 3050mm...the shorter the better.

In regards to the GF gearbox, some of the top teams have tested these CF gearbox's with no luck. There seem's to be to much temperature variance in the material. So why take the risk.....mmm....wonder it they have fixed the proble :shock:

SpeedTech wrote:I also read that the '03 BAR 005's wheelbase is 3050mm. Well I'd say 3050mm...the shorter the better.

In regards to the GF gearbox, some of the top teams have tested these CF gearbox's with no luck. There seem's to be to much temperature variance in the material. So why take the risk.....mmm....wonder it they have fixed the proble :shock:
Well as scarbs said earlier, it is not a full CF casing. Maybe it is like last yearrs Renault box which was part CF. Do not know the benefits of such a construction.
We will here more from Scarbs when when the car is launched I guess :)

BTW the BAR005's wheelbase is 3140mm, the same wheelbase as the FW24. Willis obviuously used the same wheelbase as the starting point for the 005.

I just get too upset with all those guys claiming that BAR will be able to win in 2004.

They just don´t know nothing about formula one.

BAR has an engine that has been exploding everyday, has tyres that they don´t have experience with, has a driver who only knows how to drive in one track and have one that has a --- bad luck.

If you expect them to be strong just because they´ve switched to michelins and now have broken a track record.... You must just watch formula one with a little more of attention...

In 2002 Mclaren were by far the fastest car on testing and the MP4/17A proved to be a fiasco because it was a very heavy car.

In 2001 Arrows broke the record of the Barcelona track on the last testing before Melbourne.

And finally, David Coulthard, in november 2002, registered a 1:15:7 on a track that was more than 100 metres longer than is nowadays.

So, be aware, speacilly this supporter from Indonesia....

BAR is going to be nowhere between the topteams in 2004.

Aradea
Aradea

I never said that BAR gonna win in 2004, All I'm saying that BAR will be a whole lot better than last year. Maybe Jenson Button will be on the podium this season and Takuma Sato will score more points than JV has.
If U got a problem with me or BAR just bring it on Man ! I'm not going anywhere... :lol: