Electric Racer Update!

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
greenpower dude reloaded

Re: Electric Racer Update!

Another quick update, we raced last sunday at Dunsfold Park (top gear test track) and managed to finish second. we have now unfortunately slipped down to 4th in the championship with one race left but we are only 4pts behind 1st 2pts behind second/third and 2 ahead of 5th (Bentley Motors)

Things are looking promising but the last race is going to be incredibly tough!!

If anyone happens to be around Goodwood Motor Circuit on the 19th (october 2008) pop in entry is free and it looks to be another brilliant final!!

flynfrog

Keep us or me at least updated 8)

greenpower dude reloaded

National final this weekend, and i've just been thinking i understand you can gain a huge benefit but heating up the batteries before hand around 60DegsC seems good... any suggestions??

thanks!

Carlos
Carlos

Drug stores/pharmacies like Boots might stock electric heating pads that are meant for heat therapy for athletic injuries and to treat back pain might be the right size, probably about 18in x2 4in. There's might also be a 24in x 36in size, in department stores, that warm wee ones in bed on cold nights, they have them here in Canada, not sure about the UK. :D Good Luck this weekend. :D

flynfrog

all of the team I met here that run Lead Acid heat while they charge something about it that it provides more capacity.

They had heaters im not sure how they worked

Carlos
Carlos

Following up on flynfrog's recommendation to heat while charging ... you could improvise and put the battery in a water double boiler.

greenpower dude reloaded

They were going to go in the Bathtub tonight with an immersion heater however being that i rent a house and that its a fibreglass bathtub we were worried it might mark it...

flynfrog

Carlos wrote:Drug stores/pharmacies like Boots might stock electric heating pads that are meant for heat therapy for athletic injuries and to treat back pain might be the right size, probably about 18in x2 4in. There's might also be a 24in x 36in size, in department stores, that warm wee ones in bed on cold nights, they have them here in Canada, not sure about the UK. :D Good Luck this weekend. :D
these can be modified to go even hotter if you remove a few safety devices. I remember a guy using them to cure carbon