Help Belatti choose a new economical vehicle

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
Pandamasque

Re: Help Belatti choose a new economical vehicle

One word: Suzukiswift :) Seriously. People say it's like a new version of the original Mini.

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

It's sad to hear that a new Asian car is more like the original Mini than the new Mini itself. :lol:
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

JohnsonsEvilTwin

And why is the Swift that good???

Lukewarm reception here in the UK....and apart from C.Ronaldo being part of its advertising campaign its been pretty inconspicuous. Sadly as it looks pretty cool...
More could have been done.
David Purley

WhiteBlue

I drive the BMW 1class and it is a delightful car to drive and look at. These Beamers are not cheap but they are the class of their field in terms of handling. All other cars have front wheel drive which is no good to me. I would accept AWD but that isn't on offer in this economical vehicle class with good transportation either. The cabin is slightly smaller because they need to fit engines longitudinally compared to transversal front drive fit.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote:And why is the Swift that good???

Lukewarm reception here in the UK....and apart from C.Ronaldo being part of its advertising campaign its been pretty inconspicuous. Sadly as it looks pretty cool...
Lukewarm only amongst those who see badge before all else. A number of magazines have held the Swift Sport in high esteem for a while.

I drove a Swift Sport for 3 years (company car) and it's a cracking little car. Has enough 'go' to be useable and decent handling to enjoy the reaqsonable grip. Only minus is that the steering, in common with most electric assisted systems, is lacking in feel.

Kit levels are good and for less cash than the Mini you get more room and as much fun. Good spec too.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

WhiteBlue wrote:I drive the BMW 1class and it is a delightful car to drive and look at. These Beamers are not cheap but they are the class of their field in terms of handling. All other cars have front wheel drive which is no good to me. I would accept AWD but that isn't on offer in this economical vehicle class with good transportation either. The cabin is slightly smaller because they need to fit engines longitudinally compared to transversal front drive fit.
Apparently something like 80% (recent survey of UK 1-series drivers quoted on the radio) of 1-series drivers think their cars are front wheel drive! Which says it all really.

And why is front wheel drive no good for you?
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Belatti
Belatti

JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote:Ok, Citroen 2CV......

If not I cant help as Im afraid I dont have a list of manufaturers or models from Argentina. Good luck otherwise...
Well... is it in the production assembly line yet? :lol:

"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

Belatti
Belatti

Just_a_fan wrote:
He may like to put the ESP off and drift a little bit?
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

JohnsonsEvilTwin

WhiteBlue wrote:I drive the BMW 1class and it is a delightful car to drive and look at. These Beamers are not cheap but they are the class of their field in terms of handling. All other cars have front wheel drive which is no good to me. I would accept AWD but that isn't on offer in this economical vehicle class with good transportation either. The cabin is slightly smaller because they need to fit engines longitudinally compared to transversal front drive fit.
WB

I think the 1 series is a default choice amongst enthusiasts. Especially people that enjoy a good drive. Yes it has slightly less room than a Focus, but is that the point of a hatchback? If you want room you buy an MPV. If you want cheap you buy Korean(bloody good little cars they make nowdays).

I was trying to explain to a couple on here the pros of the 1 series far outweigh its cons.
A 123d 1 series with 20,000 on the clock can be had for £14k.
Thats £2k less than a new Focus Tdci :lol:
David Purley

WhiteBlue

Just_a_fan wrote:
Apparently something like 80% (recent survey of UK 1-series drivers quoted on the radio) of 1-series drivers think their cars are front wheel drive! Which says it all really.

Because I'm also a long time motorcycle rider and good vehicle dynamics matter to me. The BMW engine really has some grunt and the best way of getting that power down is either rear wheel or AW drive.

It would make no difference to my girl friend. She has problems with spatial relationships which makes her drive extremely carefully and slow. She loves the Beamer also, but that's because it got electrically heated seats and a hookup for her I-phone. In her 15 year old cinquecento she always gets a cold bum and she has no music.
Last edited by WhiteBlue on 10 Jun 2010, 22:05, edited 1 time in total.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

JohnsonsEvilTwin

Just_a_fan wrote:
JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote:And why is the Swift that good???

Lukewarm only amongst those who see badge before all else. A number of magazines have held the Swift Sport in high esteem for a while.

I drove a Swift Sport for 3 years (company car) and it's a cracking little car. Has enough 'go' to be useable and decent handling to enjoy the reaqsonable grip. Only minus is that the steering, in common with most electric assisted systems, is lacking in feel.

Kit levels are good and for less cash than the Mini you get more room and as much fun. Good spec too.
For the money there were allegedly better cars.
Shamefully I dont even know how much it costs :oops: But like I said...it looks the part. I think it needs a fire breathing range topper to let the filtration effect go through its modle range.

And Belatti that 2CV looks HAPPENING! 8)
David Purley

Belatti
Belatti

JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote: A 123d 1 series with 20,000 on the clock can be had for £14k.
Check this page:

http://www.autocosmos.com.ar/autos/usad ... iesel.aspx

4 year old cars with more than 20,000 miles for USD 32K...

See why the majority of us drive sardine cans arround here? :cry:

And no, here there is no Brazilian Ethanol and I cant go to Chile or Brazil to get a car, my wallet or excuses wont convince customs :|

ISLAMATRON

Re: How do car manufacturers decide on engine configurations?

Belatti wrote:FIAT PALIO
RENAULT CLIO
VW GOL TREND
Are these your only three choices? I would rather walk

JohnsonsEvilTwin

Belatti wrote:
JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote: A 123d 1 series with 20,000 on the clock can be had for £14k.
Check this page:

http://www.autocosmos.com.ar/autos/usad ... iesel.aspx

4 year old cars with more than 20,000 miles for USD 32K...

See why the majority of us drive sardine cans arround here? :cry:

And no, here there is no Brazilian Ethanol and I cant go to Chile or Brazil to get a car, my wallet or excuses wont convince customs :|
Belatti straight up man, get yourself a W123 Mercedes 230E or the original 190E merc. If you can stratch to the W124 you will be laughing. They just do not break and will iron out even the harshest roads. If you know the right place you can even get an Iphone dock for one! :D
David Purley

Ted68

Is a 1.6 too big? VW Nuevo Fox. The CrossFox looks interesting to me.
Heaven: Where the cooks are French, the police are British, the lovers are Greek, the mechanics are German, and it is all organized by the Swiss.

Hell: Where the cooks are British, the police are German, the lovers are Swiss, the mechanics are French, and it is all organized by the Greeks.