[ 2020 ] Aston Martin RedBull Racing F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
tangodjango
tangodjango

Re: [ 2020 ] Aston Martin RedBull Racing F1 Team - Honda

WaikeCU wrote:
13 Oct 2020, 14:31
PlatinumZealot wrote:
13 Oct 2020, 03:58
Marti_EF3 wrote:
12 Oct 2020, 23:11

They don't need to buy any IP. Take it as a loan, branding the PU as Mugen. And using the staff of Honda in MK and also the suport of Honda. I see it more viable than Honda selling their secrets to a 3rd party

P.S: Also Honda says they are open to help, so I see them "giving" the IP through Mugen for free, and then RB only need to invest to upgrade the engine using the infrastructure Honda have
The latest is that Honda has ruled out Mugen. The engines are just too complicated for Mugen to come up to speed with.

They are looking at operating through Milton Keynes Honda or sending Honda people into build a little engine shop at RedBull itself. Perhaps likely just to assemble maintain and tune..
The Honda PU with some dash of Ilmor magic? RB and Ilmor have worked together before with Renault PU. So they do have hybrid era knowledge.
Honda and Ilmor terminated the partnership because it failed to deliver the expected results. Likewise with Honda and AVL and Ferrari and AVL.
“Hamilton’s talent is perhaps even more than that of Ayrton or Schumacher or Fernando." - Rubens Barrichello

fritticaldi

Nico Hulkenberg is touted to replace Alex Albon at any moment now. Waiting for Helmut Markko to pull the trigger.

Wouter

fritticaldi wrote:
13 Oct 2020, 18:00
Nico Hulkenberg is touted to replace Alex Albon at any moment now. Waiting for Helmut Markko to pull the trigger.
May I ask by whom he is touted?
The Power of Dreams!

etusch

fritticaldi wrote:
I don't think he is better than current Redbull drivers, maybe just from kvyat

rogazilla
rogazilla

etusch wrote:
13 Oct 2020, 18:07
fritticaldi wrote:
I don't think he is better than current Redbull drivers, maybe just from kvyat
I don't see it either. Gasly may get another shot before they stuff someone in a RB. I could see him replace Kvyat but there is also Tsunoda waiting in the wing. More likely he will end up in a HAAS.

Marti_EF3

I don't see it happening too. The press and some people loves to throw delusional rumours without any base. Like that "selfie" with the Renault boss meaning that RB almost signed with Renault :lol:

NL_Fer
NL_Fer

Hulkenberg and Perez are both slower than Ricciardo and Ocon. They should give Kvyat another chance before they dump him. He was pretty ok in 15/16, best of the rest after Ricciardo & Verstappen.

In worst case hé torpedo’s LeClerc or Bottas uit of the race.

Wynters
Wynters

Who, watching his performances at Force India and Renault, said to themselves 'This is a driver who should be fighting for a WDC!'?

His time off means he's now a worse driver than he was when no team thought he was worth offering a seat to.

Red Bull should be able to pick almost any driver on the grid to drive for them. Why pick someone who no team thought was worth a place? It's all hype over substance.

diffuser

tangodjango wrote:
11 Oct 2020, 21:12
NL_Fer wrote:
11 Oct 2020, 21:07
TNTHead wrote:
11 Oct 2020, 20:27
Quite a good result for Max, but a poor drive by Albon. What annoys me is that for several races now there is no real fight at the front, it look like just cruising. I know that VER delivers, closely to the max of his car. But it's also for the fans a challenge to keep motivated. I mean, it was a race full of action, but only in the midfield pack (starting from RIC and further down). Most interesting for this race was seeing RIC again on a podium. Very nice for the Renault guys.
It has been this way since Rosberg retired. Even Vettel vs Hamilton wasn’t a real fight on track. Some races the Ferrari was fast, but most races the Merc was faster.
Yeah but now when I look back at those seasons I definitely feel there was more to come out of the cars. Atleast Alonso/Leclerc would have done better in my view. Now I don't feel that way about 2015 because Vettel had a truly great season, but 2017/2018 I think they could have nicked one with a better driver.
Agreed

Big Tea

Wynters wrote:
13 Oct 2020, 21:07
Who, watching his performances at Force India and Renault, said to themselves 'This is a driver who should be fighting for a WDC!'?

His time off means he's now a worse driver than he was when no team thought he was worth offering a seat to.

Red Bull should be able to pick almost any driver on the grid to drive for them. Why pick someone who no team thought was worth a place? It's all hype over substance.
So many sporting people have superstitions such as pants colour or gloves in in this order that some at least must believe in luck.as strange as it sounds, I really wonder if superstition has played a part in his options.

If it is a choice between 2 drivers close in all other aspects, and one is known as unlucky, who gets the shout?

In all other aspects he seems such a walk in for several seats, but always to be shortlisted, but not signed.
Than again that could just be down to his bad luck.

(only half joking here guys, what u think?)
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Sieper

Hulk is no worse than Bottas. He about equaled Ricci in qualy if I remember correctly at Renault, so that makes him a fine driver.

fritticaldi

Hulk is in the frame for a race seat at RBR as a replacement for Albon . Red Bull no longer elevates drivers from their own program although Tsunoda could be brought in at Alpha Tauri as a replacement to Russian Torpedo. Albon and Torpedo could go to Indycars. They would fit in perfectly :)

McMika98
McMika98

Sieper wrote:
13 Oct 2020, 22:22
Hulk is no worse than Bottas. He about equaled Ricci in qualy if I remember correctly at Renault, so that makes him a fine driver.
The hate and disrespect that Bottas gets from Hamfosi nutmegs is just mind boggling. I'm not a Bottas fan either but the dude is neck and neck with supposedly the best driver ever.

Hulk got destroyed by Ricciardo on a car that Hulk was comfortable with, he isnt top tier Red bull material. Danny Ric was 2 tenths behind Max who was still developing.

Sieper

McMika98 wrote:
13 Oct 2020, 22:56
Sieper wrote:
13 Oct 2020, 22:22
The hate and disrespect that Bottas gets from Hamfosi nutmegs is just mind boggling. I'm not a Bottas fan either but the dude is neck and neck with supposedly the best driver ever.

Hulk got destroyed by Ricciardo on a car that Hulk was comfortable with, he isnt top tier Red bull material. Danny Ric was 2 tenths behind Max who was still developing.
Hulk was actually slightly higher up on qualy position than Ric and in race Ric was quite a bit better. Ric is imho a much more complete driver than Hulk but on qualy speed Hulk won.

https://www.racing-statistics.com/en/dr ... asons/2019

This actually would make Hulk quite similar to Bottas imho.

Snorked
Snorked

People are really thinking Honda will hand over their engine to outsiders with Yamamoto saying Mugen isn't an option?

This same Honda who crushed and melted their downhill mountain bikes so nobody could get a hold of its gearbox. 😆

Red Bull will either pull out or go back to Renault.