[ 2020 ] Renault F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Pany
Pany

Re: [ 2020 ] Renault F1 Team - Renault

Totally agree. The same is for Ferrari

Big Tea

Neno wrote:
17 Aug 2020, 20:23
rgimblett wrote:
17 Aug 2020, 13:39
What a terrible race they had in Spain. Car seems to be better than these results so are they just unreliable at finding the best setup and/or poor at maximising the strategy?

Cyril was upset Daniel jumped ship but on the basis this car is no closer to the front than 2019 and 2018 there's little to substantiate they're capable to reach the front.
If world was in normal, next year we would have new regs with complete new rules and new cars. And Renault in chance to fight for a win likely. Developing current car was waste of time till December 2019 for Enstone. Covid-19 completely changed dynamic and car development for them. And now Renault is forced to run another year same car. To little? Yeah, you are right. But not because Renault is incapable of doing such.
Not bating you here, but looking at past results of new cars/engines, what make you think Renault will suddenly have a winner? As I say, I hope it is so, and not winding you up, but unless there is something unexpected, How?

Edit, I mean have you read anything to suggest it that is not on common release
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

diffuser

Thier suspension front/back is very good. Thier Aero nerds work but that is all going in the trash at the end of 2021...Fry is a good guy there.

Neno
Neno

Big Tea wrote:
17 Aug 2020, 21:39
Neno wrote:
rgimblett wrote:
17 Aug 2020, 13:39
What a terrible race they had in Spain. Car seems to be better than these results so are they just unreliable at finding the best setup and/or poor at maximising the strategy?

Cyril was upset Daniel jumped ship but on the basis this car is no closer to the front than 2019 and 2018 there's little to substantiate they're capable to reach the front.
If world was in normal, next year we would have new regs with complete new rules and new cars. And Renault in chance to fight for a win likely. Developing current car was waste of time till December 2019 for Enstone. Covid-19 completely changed dynamic and car development for them. And now Renault is forced to run another year same car. To little? Yeah, you are right. But not because Renault is incapable of doing such.
Not bating you here, but looking at past results of new cars/engines, what make you think Renault will suddenly have a winner? As I say, I hope it is so, and not winding you up, but unless there is something unexpected, How?

Cause Renault put everything in for 2021. Their 5 year old plan announced during 2016.

selvam_e2002
selvam_e2002

Neno wrote:
18 Aug 2020, 04:48
Big Tea wrote:
Neno wrote:

Cause Renault put everything in for 2021. Their 5 year old plan announced during 2016.
is that mean they already have a 2021 version of car developed starting from 5 years ago?

selvam_e2002
selvam_e2002

from autosport:

"I think we are the main beneficiary of the 2021 deal and set of regulations," he told Autosport.

"I can't say that they've been engineered for us, but for sure it goes in our direction.

"From my perspective, everything that we've built we've done it with 2021 in mind, and everyone is aware of that, including at Renault corporate.

selvam_e2002
selvam_e2002

so, the current car they have in f1 is 2021 or 22 new regulation car? I don't think so...

Big Tea

selvam_e2002 wrote:
18 Aug 2020, 05:54
Neno wrote:
18 Aug 2020, 04:48
Big Tea wrote:

is that mean they already have a 2021 version of car developed starting from 5 years ago?
Ah, the new Mercedes :mrgreen: It would be nice to see competition, hope so

Wynters
Wynters

Impressed by Ocon again. Pretty much the only person doing overtakes during his first stint. He needs to sort his qualifying out though.

Ricciardo losing out to Vettel was disappointing. Not sure the strategy was on point as he was just behind Vettel when the Ferrari pitted, so 7th or 8th was definitely on the table.

diffuser

selvam_e2002 wrote:
18 Aug 2020, 05:58
so, the current car they have in f1 is 2021 or 22 new regulation car? I don't think so...

I think he was talking more about the budget limits and stuff. He couldn't have been talking about the regs, all they had was a loose idea of what those were going to be back then, If that. Remember the regs only got finalised last year and I think some of them are still a moving target.

selvam_e2002
selvam_e2002

GP today news: Andy Cowell rejected Ferrari deal.

Andy Cowell

Mercedes - Resigned or retired.

Ferrari - No

Hondo - Not good place for him as Honda 100% look for internal resources

last option would be: If he join Renault in 2021, then It is good for Renault and Alonso for challenging 2022 champion ship.

RENAULT -- If you watched P3 Spain, Rosberg said Andy Cowell is free may be Renault can take him. Not sure but I have 100% confident Renault can procure him.

Let see...

I don't think Andy Cowell can go to customer team Racing point.

Big Tea

selvam_e2002 wrote:
19 Aug 2020, 16:05
GP today news: Andy Cowell rejected Ferrari deal.

Andy Cowell

Mercedes - Resigned or retired.

Ferrari - No

Hondo - Not good place for him as Honda 100% look for internal resources

last option would be: If he join Renault in 2021, then It is good for Renault and Alonso for challenging 2022 champion ship.

RENAULT -- If you watched P3 Spain, Rosberg said Andy Cowell is free may be Renault can take him. Not sure but I have 100% confident Renault can procure him.

Let see...

I don't think Andy Cowell can go to customer team Racing point.
Is he not doing consultancy? He could flit from place to place where ever the fancy takes him, spend a day, week, month then home to his office. He does not need a tied in job, he is doing ok.

diffuser

I have questions about how good he is if Merc let him go. Remember Paddy Lowe? For about 10 minuites everyone thought he was gonna put Williams back on the map. Yet his reputation was WAY overrated.

Neno
Neno

Renault is already gone ahead with full motion engine development of what was supposed to be 2021 engine. For again which was supposed to fit 2021 new reg cars. With complete redesign of cooling components. Not sure if Renault is interested in spending additional bucks in department which is not exactly problematic for them as problem lies in aero department. Could be wrong.

diffuser

Neno wrote:
20 Aug 2020, 07:28
Renault is already gone ahead with full motion engine development of what was supposed to be 2021 engine. For again which was supposed to fit 2021 new reg cars. With complete redesign of cooling components. Not sure if Renault is interested in spending additional bucks in department which is not exactly problematic for them as problem lies in aero department. Could be wrong.
You'd acquire a guy like that to get Merc's PU secret sauce. Presuming all the stories that the PU is better are true. I mean you keep hearing it but I myself have never seen any proof. As far reliability the Renault is #1 this year.