2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Vanja #66

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Xyz22 wrote:
18 May 2024, 17:37
As usual the competition did a much better job through the weekend. Leclerc almost 0.3s quicker than Sainz and only P4. Not good.
It does look like they missed a chance to reduce wings, ie go for Australia/Miami spec. They can offset this if they go for S-M strategy tomorrow, maybe they will. We'll get to read post-q statements soon enough
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

yooogurt

Sainz post-qualifying:

"Our upgrade was smaller than what people think.

"I've been trying to say that in the media, actively, all week...

"I cannot tell you the numbers, but If I would tell you - you'd be surprised."
FORZA FERRARI!

Emag
Emag

yooogurt wrote:
18 May 2024, 17:55
Sainz post-qualifying:

If it's not even the rumored 0.25s, then that's surprising considering this was supposed to be their biggest update for the early part of the season (unless I am mistaken, and more is to come soon).

Silent Storm
Silent Storm

Alex Brundle on F1TV said Charles was understeering as he couldn't get front tyres upto temperature and had to add more steering lock which at times resulted in oversteer... Is that what Charles is reporting too?
The cheapest sort of pride is national pride, every miserable fool who has nothing at all of which he can be proud adopts, as a last resource, pride in the nation to which he belongs; thus reimbursing himself for his own inferiority.

bananapeel23

Vanja #66 wrote:
18 May 2024, 17:29
bananapeel23 wrote:
18 May 2024, 17:17
So do we have any hope for tomorrow? Ferrari running mediums in q1 seems to suggest they have a different strategy in mind, right?
If I counted correctly, they will have an extra new soft for tomorrow, since every Q3 car gets an extra q3 set of softs that gets returned after. They should try and use it in 1st stint, track is low deg, the car is low deg and they have used two-piece beam wing. -3kmh on main straight v McLaren and -9kmh v Max with Hulk's tow. Not sure why they are still running so conservatively, but it is what it is, maybe they did not expect the track will get so much quicker after FP2
With the long run to T1 in Imola and (I'd imagine) a strong undercut, starting on the soft when others start on the medium could be a huge advantage for Ferrari and give them a decent chance to snag P1 into turn 1, assuming the other teams do indeed go for the more conservative M-H strategy. (and that Leclerc gets a good start, which the SF24 seems to struggle with)

jambuka
jambuka

Mclaren outperforming and improving the car without going after big names. :P

Silent Storm
Silent Storm

aleks_ader wrote:
18 May 2024, 17:48
Given how Ferrari looked 2023. This is huge improvement. :D
Agreed and same for Mclaren as they were P17-19 at the start of last season.
The cheapest sort of pride is national pride, every miserable fool who has nothing at all of which he can be proud adopts, as a last resource, pride in the nation to which he belongs; thus reimbursing himself for his own inferiority.

Cs98
Cs98

yooogurt wrote:
Sainz post-qualifying:

What a surprise. Italian media trying to sell papers. Run the same story several times and make the rumoured improvement bigger every time. People believe it because they want to. I said 2-3 tenths, it's probably towards the lower end of that range or even slightly less.

bananapeel23

Silent Storm wrote:
18 May 2024, 18:03
Alex Brundle on F1TV said Charles was understeering as he couldn't get front tyres upto temperature and had to add more steering lock which at times resulted in oversteer... Is that what Charles is reporting too?
I have no clue, but it would make sense given the documented tyre warmup issues the SF24 has. It was great in sector 2 and 3, so tyres being cold in sector 1 seems to track, although some of the issues also come down to Ferrari lacking a little bit of top speed comapred to McLaren and Red Bull, especially compared to Red Bull since Max got a huge tow in sector 1.

AmateurDriver
AmateurDriver

jambuka wrote:
18 May 2024, 18:03
Mclaren outperforming and improving the car without going after big names. :P
Untrue. They stole Marshall to Red Bull. And they kept Prodromou.

yooogurt

By the way, perhaps to the end of the problem of warming tires have not solved, again essentially losing in the first corners and then the normal pace.

Charles: "Carlos and I were close, but we don't understand what we are missing in the second and third corners or in the first sector. Tire preparation is important, but it's strange
We've tried many things but it's always the same problem in the same corners. We're going to go back to this aspect, it's not something we don't know and that we're discovering now: it's been happening for a while we're fighting for the Grand Prix and we need to improve it"
FORZA FERRARI!

Sevach
Sevach

Can't they try a somewhat harder outlap? Work the fronts a bit(i suspect it's the fronts).

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

AmateurDriver wrote:
18 May 2024, 17:48
Fakepivot wrote:
18 May 2024, 17:45
AmateurDriver wrote:
18 May 2024, 17:42
McLaren F1 (let alone Red Bull) just shares a brand name with McLaren road car car business. Same for Aston. Not the case at Ferrari. And that has quite some consequences. That is my point.
I don't know Scuderia Ferrari were busy designing suv... ok
Ok you just don't want to get my point. It's up to you, I'm not here to make proselytism.
Could you explain more ?

Fakepivot
Fakepivot

Spoutnik wrote:
18 May 2024, 18:25

Could you explain more ?
he thinks they are no longer racing team. but no need argue against that since its his personal believe..
but anyway, coming back to qualy, I was checking f1 tempo seems like Charles is quicker aginst oscar and max in corner, but seems to lose out a lot on the strights, too much drag/downforce?

MattLightBlue
MattLightBlue

yooogurt wrote:
Sainz post-qualifying:

Sainz also said they were aware this track suits McLaren better. I think that they found some performance after all. What worries me the most is the the amount of progress Red Bull and McLaren make overnight, looking at track data: it seems to me that we start on fridays with a good base setup, but we fail to find something more during the weekend.
Last edited by MattLightBlue on 18 May 2024, 18:52, edited 1 time in total.