Rotary / Wankel engine

Breaking news, useful data or technical highlights or vehicles that are not meant to race. You can post commercial vehicle news or developments here.
Please post topics on racing variants in "other racing categories".
tok-tokkie
tok-tokkie

Re: Rotary Engines

Belatti wrote: Many times people in the forum suggested to liberate engine technical rules and only regulate the amount of fuel burned per race, me included. That would be nice to see, but expensive to do. And since F1 is not a battle of gentlemen and machines anymore, its not practical.
I wish the regulations were reduced to that simple core principle. Yes F1 is a battleground for marketing nowadays but why should a regulation like that deter them? Motorcycling has now got an electric bike series starting so a fuel limited car series would probably have to develop as a new series alongside what now prevails.

Many times people in the forum suggested to liberate engine technical rules and only regulate the amount of fuel burned per race, me included. That would be nice to see, but expensive to do. And since F1 is not a battle of gentlemen and machines anymore, its not practical.
Yes!, i am one of those people!! :)
but wasnt that the theory behind the group c endurance cars at the start of the 90's?
and they manage to kill that by trying to turn it into a formula. but yes i think the should resurrect that idea, although they have kinda by banning refueling

tk421

Scotracer wrote:Apart from the great noise a racing rotary makes
#69 and #70 Speedsource Mazdas in the Rolex Grand-Am series are the best sounding cars in the whole field!
=D>
Best regards. I guess this explains why I'm not at my post!

Scania
Scania

Because Europe won't make it, but Mazad run it very well.
FIA don't want other people win in there place