Help Belatti choose a new economical vehicle

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
Belatti
Belatti

Re: How do car manufacturers decide on engine configurations?

ISLAMATRON wrote:
Are these your only three choices? I would rather walk
I think I also can get the 207:

They are better options as the Ford Fiesta or the Chevrolet Corsa:

#-o

I am also considering a used VW Golf or a Peugeot 307...
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

Belatti
Belatti

Re: Help Belatti choose a new economical vehicle

Ted68 wrote:Is a 1.6 too big? VW Nuevo Fox. The CrossFox looks interesting to me.
Nope, 1.6 for daily use would be OK. But I dont like the new generation of narrow and tall cars (VW Fox, Chavrolet Agile, New FIAT Uno, Honda Fit, etc...)

These kids telling me to buy a beemer or a Mercedes doesnt know how expensive they are arround here (anything that is not manufactured in Argentina-Brazil is) and how hard is to get spare parts.

If it was for that I would have already bought a 1994 Honda Prelude 2.3 vtec for 10 grand...
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

JohnsonsEvilTwin

Mercedes 190E expensive?

I will export one to you for $5k!
With parts for you to change if you know how to. These cars dont break.....
More could have been done.
David Purley

ISLAMATRON

10 grand what? what kind of money we talking here argentine dollars? I helped my cousin buy a decent 93 vtec prelude the other day for $1200US.

I agree these tall & narrow cars are butt ugly

how is the buildquality of the brazilian cars?

Richard
Richard

JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote:I was trying to explain to a couple on here the pros of the 1 series far outweigh its cons.
A 123d 1 series with 20,000 on the clock can be had for £14k.
Thats £2k less than a new Focus Tdci :lol:
Gosh - its a wonder that anyone ever buys any hatchback other than a BMW. ;)

OK, considering this is a technical forum, lets look at some numbers for a 1 year old base diesel model. I see the Focus is £4.5k cheaper, lower running costs per mile, bigger cabin and boot. The 2 inches extra headroom is nice too.

I'm not saying the BMW is bad, and I'm sure it the right car for you, but the facts you quoted don't stack up. In truth, you like the style of the car and are prepared to get an older smaller car for that style. Fair play to you. Enjoy it!

I made a similar choice when I got a 4 year old SLK instead of the brand new A3 I was about to purchase. I love it!
WhatCar.com wrote: BMW 1 Series Hatchback 116d 5dr 2009 (09) 20,000 miles
Dealer £15,690
Private £15,090
Part exchange £13,245
Trade £12,745
Cost new £18,130 - List price, unlikely to get a discount
Boot = 330/1150 litres
Running cost = 40p/mile
Headroom = 92cm

Ford Focus Hatchback 1.6 TDCi 109 DPF Style 5dr 2009 (59) 20,000 miles
Dealer £11,620
Private £10,490
Part exchange £9,800
Trade £9,300
Cost new £19,445 List price - WhatCar suggest there will then be a £3.5k discount )
Boot = 396/1258 litres
Running cost = 39p /mile
Headroom = 97cm

Note running costs include servicing, tax, fuel and depreciation.

Pandamasque

That's a restyled 206 :wtf:

compare:
Belatti wrote:I think I also can get the 207:

JohnsonsEvilTwin

Richard your numbers dont take into consideration depreciation.

The beemer loses 3k and the Ford 7k!!! Thats on top of a huge Ford discount and BMW not giving you one(they will lop off 500-1000 if you dig in the 1 series is 6 years old after all).

So at the end of the day you pay more for less with the ford.
And if anyone suggests the Focus Tdci is better than the 1 series, then I cannot comment further as it would be of no constuctive use anymore :)
More could have been done.
David Purley

dumrick
dumrick

Pandamasque wrote:That's a restyled 206 :wtf:
Yes, Brazil, Argentina, etc. get what's called in some european markets as the 206+ badged as 207.

Anyway, those markets' cars are mostly re-engineered (or facelifted) models that go out of production elsewhere and the manufacturing gear is exported there.
Nice exception are the european Dacias that get the Renault badge, but are, anyway, recently developed cars. Don't you have the Sandero there, Belatti?

Pandamasque

dumrick wrote:Don't you have the Sandero there, Belatti?
That would be great news. :lol:

manchild
manchild

You won't find better value for money than with previous version of Clio, Logan or Sandero, while I'd vote for Sandero since it is latest model. If you're looking into consumption too, than 1.5 DCI diesel is a way to go.

http://www.renault.com.ar/automoviles/clio5puertas

http://www.renault.com.ar/Logan/360e.htm

http://www.renault.com.ar/automoviles/sandero

A friend of mine has Logan, 160.000 km, no problems whatsoever.

New 207 or Fiesta with same engine capacity will cost you much more, at least 30% more for basic version, while Chevy Corsa is not worth consideration as it is typical Opel-GM crap.

dumrick
dumrick

Pandamasque wrote:That would be great news. :lol:
Since we are here trying to help Belatti choose a new car, can you explain that comment? If you have any bad info concerning the car, that would be helpful.

alelanza
alelanza

If your market is anything like the costarrican one, there's very few reasons to buy a new car. In any case, if you want to go for frugal, cheap, good warranty, parts availability, reliable, boring, etc. a diesel hyundai accent is hard to beat.
Also, what about a mazda 2? slightly more expensive than its competitors though, but great looking, reliable and economical, good resale value. Nissan Tiida perhaps? what about the nicer looking fiats? grande punto etc.?
Do you get the daewoo chevrolets? latest ones have decent styling and are the cheapest of the cheap.
Alejandro L.

dumrick
dumrick

manchild wrote:You won't find better value for money than with previous version of Clio, Logan or Sandero, while I'd vote for Sandero since it is latest model. If you're looking into consumption too, than 1.5 DCI diesel is a way to go.

http://www.renault.com.ar/automoviles/clio5puertas

http://www.renault.com.ar/Logan/360e.htm

http://www.renault.com.ar/automoviles/sandero
Wow, had a look at the Argentinean pricing of the Renault range and it seems the Sandero is is placed upmarket from the Clio, in terms of available engines and prices. Of course, in Europe the Sandero is sold as a Dacia and cheaper than a Clio, but then again, our Clio isn't that one anymore :wink: . The only 1.5 DCI available is in the Sandero.

Pandamasque

dumrick wrote:
Pandamasque wrote:That would be great news. :lol:
Since we are here trying to help Belatti choose a new car, can you explain that comment? If you have any bad info concerning the car, that would be helpful.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0J35f0XjAM[/youtube]

Richard
Richard

JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote:And if anyone suggests the Focus Tdci is better than the 1 series, then I cannot comment further as it would be of no constuctive use anymore :)
"Better" is subjective. For you, an older smaller car is the one you'd go for. Many people would prefer the newer bigger car.