2018 McLaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Ground Effect
Ground Effect

Re: 2018 McLaren F1 Team - Renault

diffuser wrote:
29 Jun 2018, 18:49
This is REALLY a GREAT opportunity to see what metal that PP is made of. We'll see if he can right the ship and step back into the Newey light or ....fade to black.....
I hope at the end of the day he won't end up writing his own book: "How NOT to Build a Race car"
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

RonDennis
RonDennis

radosav wrote:
29 Jun 2018, 16:32
GoranF1 wrote:
29 Jun 2018, 16:28
Alonso's car look undriveble, both on low and high fuel loads
Amus article says Alonso is now test driver for New parts.they Work but they arent made of right material, they are heavier, they will be ready as soon as hungary GP .
The call it the start of a new concept.

M840TR
M840TR

GoranF1 wrote:
29 Jun 2018, 16:28
Alonso's car look undriveble, both on low and high fuel loads
Apparently problem with setup and balance etc. Expect it solved by FP3.

adrianjordan

GoranF1 wrote:
29 Jun 2018, 13:19
adrianjordan wrote:
29 Jun 2018, 13:12
Anyone else hear Andrew (Benson?) on BBC 5Live coverage of first practice? He really has it in for McLaren..!!
What did he said?
Nothing new, just really laying into them and basically saying that they're not able to identify problems that other teams have solved etc etc etc....also that noone outside of Mclaren thought their chassis last year was any good, it was very draggy and that they blamed Honda for everything etc etc etc... Sounded a lot like some members on here actually...

Andrew, are you listening?? 😝
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Dipesh1995
Dipesh1995

adrianjordan wrote:
29 Jun 2018, 22:18

also that noone outside of Mclaren thought their chassis last year was any good, it was very draggy and that they blamed Honda for everything etc etc etc...
He’s a massive hypocrite. He praised the McLaren chassis multiple times last year.
One example of his words :
By contrast, tight and twisty Singapore is a race where the high quality of McLaren's chassis can come to the fore and the team are expecting a decent points score.

604gtir
604gtir

Dipesh1995 wrote:
29 Jun 2018, 22:50
adrianjordan wrote:

also that noone outside of Mclaren thought their chassis last year was any good, it was very draggy and that they blamed Honda for everything etc etc etc...
He’s a massive hypocrite. He praised the McLaren chassis multiple times last year.
By contrast, tight and twisty Singapore is a race where the high quality of McLaren's chassis can come to the fore and the team are expecting a decent points score.
or maybe it worked fine, nothing definitive without someone to compare to with last years engine.
this year is this year, last year is last year.
and this year something isnt right

Singabule
Singabule

604gtir wrote:
30 Jun 2018, 00:15
Dipesh1995 wrote:
adrianjordan wrote:

or maybe it worked fine, nothing definitive without someone to compare to with last years engine.
this year is this year, last year is last year.
and this year something isnt right
No, he is snakes. Typical media person

Mansell89
Mansell89

adrianjordan wrote:
GoranF1 wrote:
29 Jun 2018, 13:19
adrianjordan wrote:
29 Jun 2018, 13:12
Anyone else hear Andrew (Benson?) on BBC 5Live coverage of first practice? He really has it in for McLaren..!!
What did he said?
Nothing new, just really laying into them and basically saying that they're not able to identify problems that other teams have solved etc etc etc....also that noone outside of Mclaren thought their chassis last year was any good, it was very draggy and that they blamed Honda for everything etc etc etc... Sounded a lot like some members on here actually...

Andrew, are you listening?? 😝
Benson is an absolute pellet.

Unfortunately he can't have an objective view and every headline has the word "Hamilton" in regardless of race result.

He's one of these knowledge-less journos who still hold the 2007 Fernando Alonso grudge.

However he isn't a patch on the absolute muppet that is Rachel Brooke's on Sky. How she EVER got on f1 television is beyond me.

McMika98
McMika98

Dipesh1995 wrote:
adrianjordan wrote:

Yup this guy is nuts and clueless on the technical side and possibly even worse than Ted on sky. He kept using the speed trap figures to highlight the hp diff. His graphs are legendary though, one wonders about his qualifications. Poor guy, they really need some one with him to help on the technical side.

techman
techman

i had a debate with Andrew Benson last year. A twitter war of words. if you want i can post it here. i was arguing with him saying that mclaren are running heavy drag and not all honda faults. and he was so convinced mclaren had a chassis as good as the redbull according to his source(Mclaren PR people). Funny enough he did finally say that I was right when he tweeted me back this year when i again tweeted him and questioned him.

makecry
makecry

techman wrote:
30 Jun 2018, 08:19
i had a debate with Andrew Benson last year. A twitter war of words. if you want i can post it here. i was arguing with him saying that mclaren are running heavy drag and not all honda faults. and he was so convinced mclaren had a chassis as good as the redbull according to his source(Mclaren PR people). Funny enough he did finally say that I was right when he tweeted me back this year when i again tweeted him and questioned him.
What does MCL32 have to do with MCL33? Different chassis built around two fundamentally different PUs.

techman
techman

What does MCL32 have to do with MCL33? Different chassis built around two fundamentally different PUs.
same aero concept carried over to this year. i dont see any aero personal change. so yes this car is an evolution of last year. but last year car was bad and this year this car is exposed for its flaws it was hiding last year.Mclaren even managed to bring a b spec but still the problems are there. finally Andrew Benson has changed his opinion

2012 to 2013 was different. as mclaren change the aero concept.

mclaren111

The one thing MCL32 was very good at was stability under braking !!

MCL33 seems to be getting worse as the year goes on ??

As diffuser said: Time for PP to show what he's made of.

Dr.mclaren
Dr.mclaren

Every team is improving and mclaren is retreating!

diffuser

Dr.mclaren wrote:
30 Jun 2018, 13:37
Every team is improving and mclaren is retreating!
Oh boy, please keep this thoughts to yourself.